Introducing Z-Tool+

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TomTom View Post
    The z-net was a absolute winner, and now this!
    HS Tech thank you for this constant incremental improvement of design, function and utilities for your customers.
    Pats on the back are always welcome. Thanks!
    💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

I understand that this interface puts the z-wave device add function in a smart phone app, but does it eliminate the need for the z-wave interface to be in close proximity of the device being added. Please explain z-tool+ functionality in terms of pervious generation z-wave devices vs new 500 series z-wave devices.

Comment

Originally posted by macromark View Post

Absolutely, we did it all for you Geary!
        Awww... You must have remembered it was my Birthday !!!
        Ubuntu on the Intel NUC ( 8i5BEK ), 32 G, 250G SSD, V4 Pro 😎

Comment

Installed! exited to test!
          HS3 Pro on Windows 8 64bit
          53 Z-wave nodes(46 devices, 7 remotes), 15 DS10a's, 10 ms16a's, 9 Oregon Sensors, W800, RFXCOMtrx433, Way2Call, 3 HSTouch Clients, 2xRussound CAS44, Global Cache GC100-12,10 Rollertrol blinds(+ zwave) ,3 Squeezebox Radios and 1 Squeezebox Boom,DMX Arduino via ethernet,Rain8Net,3x Echo Dot's

Check out my electronics blog here:
          https://www.facebook.com/RaptorsIrrationalInventions

Comment

Is it free?
            Hector
            MyTrigger,ACRF2,W800,Zwave
            AP800,Honeywell Stat

Comment

Originally posted by Rotech View Post
              Is it free?
              Yes.
              HS4Pro on a Raspberry Pi4
              54 Z-Wave Nodes / 21 Zigbee Devices / 108 Events / 767 Devices
              Plugins: Z-Wave / Zigbee Plus / EasyTrigger / AK Weather / OMNI

HSTouch Clients: 1 Android

Comment

Originally posted by Rotech View Post
                Is it free?
                It's free for most users unless your name begins with an "H". Then, it's double that amount.

Comment

Originally posted by seerbeliever View Post
                  I understand that this interface puts the z-wave device add function in a smart phone app, but does it eliminate the need for the z-wave interface to be in close proximity of the device being added. Please explain z-tool+ functionality in terms of pervious generation z-wave devices vs new 500 series z-wave devices.
                  Here's what it does (in a nutshell):
                  it accesses the built-in add/delete/name functions of HS3 without the need to use the web interface. That's it! In fact, if you open the controller management part of HS3, with the green log window showing, and you click add or delete in Z-Tool+, you'll see the green log window update along with the Z-Tool+ log.

It just make life a little easier. It won't change how the protocol works, however. If you're adding or deleting a device and it's older or too far away, you'll still need to move the interface or controller closer to the device.

Comment

Wow This is great.

It works just as expected and makes adding and removing nodes much easier.

Excellent work guys Keep it up.

Are there an more features in the pipeline as I struggle with rescans on battery devices from remote locations and doing this from my phone would be great to.

Greig.
                    Zwave = Z-Stick, 3xHSM100� 7xACT ZDM230, 1xEverspring SM103, 2xACT HomePro ZRP210.
                    X10 = CM12U, 2xAM12, 1xAW10, 1 x TM13U, 1xMS13, 2xHR10, 2xSS13
                    Other Hardware = ADI Ocelot + secu16, Global Cache GC100, RFXtrx433, 3 x Foscams.
                    Plugings = RFXcom, ActiveBackup, Applied Digital Ocelot, BLDeviceMatrix, BLGarbage, BLLAN, Current Cost, Global Cache GC100,HSTouch Android, HSTouch Server, HSTouch Server Unlimited, NetCAM, PowerTrigger, SageWebcamXP, SqueezeBox, X10 CM11A/CM12U.
                    Scripts =
                    Various

Comment

IF Possible, I would wish for the feature to identify nodes. The older unit you could scan and when you pressed the device, the display would indicate node number
                      Ubuntu on the Intel NUC ( 8i5BEK ), 32 G, 250G SSD, V4 Pro 😎

Comment

This is a great tool! But there is one part that would really help along that would be perfect in this tool. and that would be to:

Optimize a Network, No Return Route Changes

And

Fully Optimize a Network

This would help a lot when you have added battery driven devices that most of the time needs to be awake on the spot. Then i would not have to carry around the laptop
                        Certified installer for HomeSeer, Control4, KNX and Eaton/xComfort

Comment

Question, Is this Add a secure node, or add a non-secure mode? I assume it is secure. Either way, would it be possible to add an option to choose which way you want to add a node (secure/non-secure)?

Comment

cant find it in the google playstore on my one+one, is the apk also available somewhere?

Thanks
                            Regards Bart
                            ------------------------------------------
                            Win7 64Bit on Intel NUCI7 with SSD
                            HSPRO 3.
                            Devices; 1370 Events; 691

Jon00 Scripts, JowHue, HSTouch, Plugwise, Z-wave, Ultranetatmo, Ultracam, PHlocation, BLUSBUIRT, MeiHarmony, Buienradar, MEiUnifi Pushover 3P, Random, Nest HSPhone and Blueiris

Visonic Powermax Alarm System (HS3) Interface: http://www.domoticaforum.eu/viewtopic.php?f=68&t=11129

Comment

Not available for iOS. Can't find anything in iTunes app store

Comment

yes, its free and seems to work with homeseer not a specific zwave interface which is nice.

Some feedback from playing with it last night,

it really needs some security, anyone on my wifi could remove my devices.... that is an issue.

also i would love a send info to remotes button and some of the other zwave actions you can do from the interface menu.
                                HS3 Pro on Windows 8 64bit
                                53 Z-wave nodes(46 devices, 7 remotes), 15 DS10a's, 10 ms16a's, 9 Oregon Sensors, W800, RFXCOMtrx433, Way2Call, 3 HSTouch Clients, 2xRussound CAS44, Global Cache GC100-12,10 Rollertrol blinds(+ zwave) ,3 Squeezebox Radios and 1 Squeezebox Boom,DMX Arduino via ethernet,Rain8Net,3x Echo Dot's

Check out my electronics blog here:
                                https://www.facebook.com/RaptorsIrrationalInventions

Comment

Working...
                                X