Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

error - Conversion from string """" to type 'Integer' is not valid.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

error - Conversion from string """" to type 'Integer' is not valid.

After updating I get this

error - Conversion from string """" to type 'Integer' is not valid. under config and the brigde does not respond anymore.

any suggestions?
    Best,
    Jakob Sand, I automate everything!

Jakob,

No suggestions yet here. Could you try to switch on debug in the config page and restart the plugin? Send me the filtered log after that when the error occurs?

None of the bridges you have is responding anymore?

Wim
    -- Wim

Plugins: JowiHue, RFXCOM, Sonos4, Jon00's Perfmon and Network monitor, EasyTrigger, Pushover 3P, rnbWeather, BLBackup, AK SmartDevice, Pushover, PHLocation, Zwave, GCalseer, SDJ-Health, Device History, BLGData

1210 devices/features ---- 392 events ----- 40 scripts

Comment

config page only shows the one error line.
      here is what is in the startup log:
      -10-2015 07:05:43 ~!~JowiHue~!~GetBridgeConfig:Error:GetBridgeConfig: Is bridge reachable? Could not load file or assembly 'Newtonsoft.Json, Version=7.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=30ad4fe6b2a6aeed' or one of its dependencies. The located assembly's manifest definition does not match the assembly reference. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80131040)
      16-10-2015 07:05:43 ~!~JowiHue~!~bridge Philips hue is known as bridge, but is now unregistered. Please reregister through the configuration page.
      16-10-2015 07:05:43 ~!~JowiHue~!~bridge Philips hue ip adress is 10.0.0.203
      does that help?
      Best,

Comment

Jakob,

Yes, that helps. Please also check this thread.

In your installation there is another newtonsoft.json.dll on a location where it should not be. Maybe you needed it for a script you use, where the dll might be in the HS3 installation directory, or there is another plugin placing it in the installation directory, or in the /bin directory, instead of the /bin/<someplugin> directory where it should be.

Challenge is probably to find which plugin is doing it and notifiying the owner of the plugin about this issue. Maybe it is the same plugin as mentioned in the other thread?

Wim
        -- Wim

Plugins: JowiHue, RFXCOM, Sonos4, Jon00's Perfmon and Network monitor, EasyTrigger, Pushover 3P, rnbWeather, BLBackup, AK SmartDevice, Pushover, PHLocation, Zwave, GCalseer, SDJ-Health, Device History, BLGData

Comment

it worked but now another plugin is dead.
          Can i copy your json dll to /bin?

Originally posted by w.vuyk View Post
          Jakob,

Yes, that helps. Please also check this thread.

In your installation there is another newtonsoft.json.dll on a location where it should not be. Maybe you needed it for a script you use, where the dll might be in the HS3 installation directory, or there is another plugin placing it in the installation directory, or in the /bin directory, instead of the /bin/<someplugin> directory where it should be.

Challenge is probably to find which plugin is doing it and notifiying the owner of the plugin about this issue. Maybe it is the same plugin as mentioned in the other thread?

Wim
          Best,

Comment

You can make a .config for that plugin. I did that with Nicolais Sensorist plugin.

Regards
            Morten

Comment

same problem here. same plugin - how to I make the .config?

Originally posted by mhn View Post
              You can make a .config for that plugin. I did that with Nicolais Sensorist plugin.

Regards
              Morten
              Best,

Comment

Jakob,

First of all, if you have the same plugin that places the newtonsoft.json.dll in the /bin directory, the owner of the plugin should be notified that he should place his dll's in a directory for the plugin alone....

Yiou will find a config file for the jowihue plugin in the installation directory. You could use thisas a sample for the other plugin, but again, I think the plugin owner should solve it also.

Wim
                Last edited by w.vuyk; October 18, 2015, 03:18 PM.
                -- Wim

Comment

Originally posted by Jakob.Sand View Post
                  same problem here. same plugin - how to I make the .config?
                  Hi Jakob.

I made it by coping from another plugin.

Unfortunatliy I can't post it here. It just disappers from the post. I think I have your mail somewhere. I will mail it to you.

Regards
                  Morten

Comment

Originally posted by w.vuyk View Post
                    Jakob,

First of all, if you have the same plugin that places the newtonsoft.json.dll in the /bin directory, the owner of the plugin should be notified that he should place his dll's in a directory for the plugin alone....

Wim
                    Hi Wim.

I tried to wake Nicolai a couple of times. :-) I just tried again on our chat.

I don't think he has a lot of "customers" for the plugin. :-) Jakob and I may be the only HS users. It's for these http://sensorist.com/

Regards
                    Morten

Comment

Hmm that does not sound promising then.. i suppose the only way around it to use the alternative config file then for the plugin.

Wim
                      -- Wim

Comment

Working...
                      X