No announcement yet.

UltraHTDAudio3 HSPI for HomeSeer3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ultrajones....Can you please offer me your insights into the two issues I have described in this thread? #1, how to set up control for the party mode devices. #2, how to configure/work around the multiple instances of zones being created?

This plugin has provided a large portion of the functionality I need in my setup, but there are a few issues that I would really appreciate working with you to figure out. Investment made...support?

Comment

Originally posted by Tomadoggy View Post
      Ultrajones....Can you please offer me your insights into the two issues I have described in this thread? #1, how to set up control for the party mode devices. #2, how to configure/work around the multiple instances of zones being created?

This plugin has provided a large portion of the functionality I need in my setup, but there are a few issues that I would really appreciate working with you to figure out. Investment made...support?
      There are several functions of the HTD audio devices that I couldn't get working using the API provided to me by the vendor. Party Mode is one of them.

What was party mode supposed to do? Does it turn on each zone and set it to a common source?
      Plug-ins: UltraMon, UltraM1G, UltraCID, Ultra1Wire, UltraLog, UltraWeatherBug, UltraPioneerAVR, UltraGCIR

Comment

Thank you for the reply...Yes, the Lync function for party mode is to launch from the manned zone, which in turn will power on all zones and set to the source from where you initiated the party mode. I understand that I could write events to accomplish this, but with 12 zones and no scripting skills, I am trying to avoid this path. Would be great if I could work with you to enable this function in you great plugin!

Since I have your attention, may I ask your feedback on the multiple "source" devices being created as in my post above?

Comment

reconnection issues

using this plugin and it fails to reconnect occasionally. There is a reconnect button on 'device management' page, but it does not seem to work. My setup info include IPort are unchanged. I have fixed the IP so that is not the issue. I've rebooted homeseer and disabled/enabled the plugin, but it still wont connect. Any ideas?

Comment

Originally posted by JDD7777 View Post
            using this plugin and it fails to reconnect occasionally. There is a reconnect button on 'device management' page, but it does not seem to work. My setup info include IPort are unchanged. I have fixed the IP so that is not the issue. I've rebooted homeseer and disabled/enabled the plugin, but it still wont connect. Any ideas?
            What LAN to serial device are you using to establish a connection to your Lync?
            Plug-ins: UltraMon, UltraM1G, UltraCID, Ultra1Wire, UltraLog, UltraWeatherBug, UltraPioneerAVR, UltraGCIR

Comment

Originally posted by Tomadoggy View Post
              Thank you for the reply...Yes, the Lync function for party mode is to launch from the manned zone, which in turn will power on all zones and set to the source from where you initiated the party mode. I understand that I could write events to accomplish this, but with 12 zones and no scripting skills, I am trying to avoid this path. Would be great if I could work with you to enable this function in you great plugin!

Since I have your attention, may I ask your feedback on the multiple "source" devices being created as in my post above?
              I am waiting for a response from HTD on the API party mode issue I mentioned.

Can you provide a screenshot of the "multiple "source" devices being created" issue you reported?

Comment

Multiple zones

Sure thanks for looking into this

Comment

screen shots

There seems to be a disconnect and lack of synchronization between the data in this plugin and any changes made in the Valet application. I still need to use Valet for phones to control the HTD system as not everyone has tablets in the house to use the HSTouch interface to control the Lync. I have tried a number of different solutions including deleting the duplicate sources and stopping and restarting the plugin. Not at all sure what is causing this though as nothing I have tried so far seems to correct the issue.

Regards,
                  Attached Files

Comment

Additional information

Don't know if this will help, but in the plugin configuration, when I enable sources (previously disabled) then go back to the devices page, check the source list in each zone, the newly enabled sources do show up. However, upon going back into the plugin configuration I get the error shown in the attached picture. If I disable the plugin and re-enable the error goes away. Still have to. been able to duplicate the action(s) where the multiple source objects reappear.
                    Attached Files

Comment

Something more to go on, Perhaps this will help...it appears as though the database that keeps all the sources/zone names etc. cannot be accessed by both the Valet application and this plugin at the same time (kind of makes sense). What I did was temporary disable the plugin, go into Valet and make all the sources active, the re-enable plugin. No at least all the sources show in the plugin list (no...no duplicate sources again/yet).

This does expose something that would be valuable in the plugin however...within the Valet application you can choose "Sources per Zone" which essentially simplifies the sources available to each zone to only those that make sense, or you would likely wish to use. For instance, my kids will never want to hear my family room football game. Nor would I likely wish to hear my kids music in the kitchen.

If I may, what I think is needed within our (great) plugin is the availability within the sources page to not only enable/disable them, but to also have their availability per zone which could be configured/changed from the plugin configuration.

I know that we are a little off topic from the original "multiple source" devices being created, but this is all somewhat related. Please let me know if you wish me to do any specific testing for you. And greatly appreciate your efforts on the Party mode issue as well!!

Comment

Get UltraHTDAudio3 MC-66 capable plugin?

Is it possible to get the UltraHTDAudio3 plugin that is being created for the HTD MC-66? As far as I can tell, the released version is only for the Lyncs.

A beta version would be great.

Thanks in advance.

Comment

System Requirements

Hello,

What interface is needed to connect the HTD system to HS3? Will the HTD gateway (GW-SL1) work in in this case, or is an additional serial to LAN adapter required? If so, can you recommend one that is tested?

Will the MC-66/MCA-66 work with this plugin as indicated in the user manual? I ask only because I have read recent posts that suggest it does not work with any system other than Lync. Can someone please confirm the requirements?

Thanks in advance!

Comment

Originally posted by nuttynet View Post
                            Hello,

What interface is needed to connect the HTD system to HS3? Will the HTD gateway (GW-SL1) work in in this case, or is an additional serial to LAN adapter required? If so, can you recommend one that is tested?

Will the MC-66/MCA-66 work with this plugin as indicated in the user manual? I ask only because I have read recent posts that suggest it does not work with any system other than Lync. Can someone please confirm the requirements?

Thanks in advance!
                            Yes, the GW-SL1 will work (it's what I am currently using). I have also tested a variety of network to serial devices like the Global Cache iTach Flex.

My MC-66 does not work, so it's not currently supported. The only HTD systems currently supported are the Lync12 and Lync6.

Regards,
                            Ultrajones

Comment

Originally posted by Ultrajones View Post
                              Yes, the GW-SL1 will work (it's what I am currently using). I have also tested a variety of network to serial devices like the Global Cache iTach Flex.

My MC-66 does not work, so it's not currently supported. The only HTD systems currently supported are the Lync12 and Lync6.

Regards,
                              Ultrajones
                              Thanks for the response ... when and if you get the plugin ready for the MC-66, I'd like to help you beta test.

As an aside, I have the MC-66/GW-SL-1 subsystem interfaced with HS using the drhsipPlugin. I then interfaced HS events set up with the drhsipPlugin with IFTTT and Google Home. Allows me to say "Hey Google, Office Speaker On", "Hey Google, Kitchen Speaker Off", "Hey Google, All Speakers Off", etc, etc. Works well.

Comment

Hello guys,

Any update on this? I'm really waiting for it :-)

Comment

Working...
                                X