No announcement yet.

Version 3.2.x.x

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Out of town ATM, but looking forward to the new version.

Thanks for all your hard work.

Sent from my ASUS_Z00AD using Tapatalk
    RJ_Make On YouTube

Comment

Here utilized xAP when I went to multiple 1-wire networks using the Temp08's and Michael's mcsTemperature plugin.

Recently have repurposed the old RPi's for automation functions. Also have Arduinos here. Must be my eyes here but like the larger sized RPis to work with.

IE: DIY'd my ZNet like device in the attic initially just for ZWave...then added more functions to it. First add was 1-wire using a Maxim 9097.

For installation of Red Node there is a do all script which works nicely over here.

Node Red: Running on an RPi

Then once installed you do everything via the Node Red design interface.
      - Pete

Auto mator
      Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb
      Homeseer Zee2 (Lite) - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e - CherryTrail x5-Z8350 BeeLink 4Gb BT3 Pro
      HS4 Lite - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenovo Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram

HS4 Pro - V4.1.18.1 - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenova Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram
      HSTouch on Intel tabletop tablets (Jogglers) - Asus AIO - Windows 11

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation-Tasmota-Espurna. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Alexa, Cheaper RFID, W800 and Home Assistant

Comment

Version 3.2.11.0 is in the updater. It adds a "H"istory column in the Association tab and a corresponding global selection on the General tab for what will be saved to the history database.

This allows selected topics to be included in the history database. Previously only categories could be selected. This will allow history data to focus on specific topics and keep the database size from growing too fast.

Note that history contains full payload for a given topic. There is no JSON decoding of the payload when viewed from the History tab.

Comment

Created device looks like this on Status graphics tab. It's a Ampere value from a Z-Wave device in another HS system. Plugin is 3.2.11.0
          If I try to edit the device to a value span then the value will be from 0-22 in this case.
          The value shows up ok. in the device.
          It's the same with other devices published from HS
          Attached Files
          Last edited by lunkan; April 7, 2018, 05:48 AM.

Comment

Updated this morning to 3.2.11.0.

Looks like when I enable it is does not work right now.

Broker online stats show it off.

MQTT Broker Online Stats
            Last Online @ Never
            Offline @ 2018-04-07 06:03:29

Debug shows:

4/7/2018 6:03:18 AM 0 | mcsMQTT Running at /HomeSeer, HS is at /HomeSeer
            4/7/2018 6:03:18 AM 6 | mcsMQTT InitHW ComputerName= ICS-HS3Pro, IOEnabled=False
            4/7/2018 6:03:18 AM 64 | mcsMQTT Debug InitHW Database Ready
            - Pete

Auto mator
            Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb
            Homeseer Zee2 (Lite) - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e - CherryTrail x5-Z8350 BeeLink 4Gb BT3 Pro

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation-Tasmota-Espurna. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Alexa, Cheaper RFID, W800 and Home Assistant

Comment

Originally posted by lunkan View Post
              Created device looks like this on Status graphics tab. It's a Ampere value from a Z-Wave device in another HS system. Plugin is 3.2.11.0
              If I try to edit the device to a value span then the value will be from 0-22 in this case.
              The same here. But the values are also not being converted properly.

Comment

I revamped the VSP logic in 3.2.10.0. It looks like these are being seen as list rather than as number. I am working to get my RPi HS test machine functional again and will fix this with next update.

You should be able to go to the Manual Tab, enter the inbound subscription topic and select Number rather than List for the VSP UI. It should be only the automatic logic used on the Association tab that is broken.

The same here. But the values are also not being converted properly.
                Can you expand on this? In particular did you have previous associations accepted and now the Value is an integer from a VSP lookup rather than just a number from the payload or are you accepting new topics and these are using VSP rather than a number from payload?

Comment

Updated this morning to 3.2.11.0.

Looks like when I enable it is does not work right now.

Broker online stats show it off.

MQTT Broker Online Stats
                  Last Online @ Never
                  Offline @ 2018-04-07 06:03:29

Debug shows:

4/7/2018 6:03:18 AM 0 | mcsMQTT Running at /HomeSeer, HS is at /HomeSeer
                  4/7/2018 6:03:18 AM 6 | mcsMQTT InitHW ComputerName= ICS-HS3Pro, IOEnabled=False
                  4/7/2018 6:03:18 AM 64 | mcsMQTT Debug InitHW Database Ready
                  The debug shows it was hung up reading HS device or subscribed topics from DB. I'm guessing that it is related to concurrency logic added so collections are not changed when being enumerated.

I know I found one lock that was not done correctly when I was testing 3.2.12.0 yesterday and fixed. I got involved with trying to get HS working on earlier Mono so never finished testing, but it is better than 3.2.11.0 so I put it in the updater. Give it a try.

It is likely that 3.2.12.0 also addresses the VSP problems others are having with numbers, but I cannot confirm right now.

3.2.12.0 also adds General Tab option to allow published topics to be echoed back as subscriptions.

Comment

Thank you Michael.

Updated to V3.2.12.0.

Working.

MQTT Broker Online Stats
                    Online @ 2018-04-07 15:35:19 for 1 minutes

Last Published Topic

Last Received Topic
                    28.CFD8F4020000/temperature
                    Last Received Payload
                    Last Received Topic Accepted
                    28.CFD8F4020000/temperature
                    Last Received Payload Accepted
                    Last Received Timestamp
                    2018-04-07 15:38:29

Thank you too for the link to configuration under the manage plugins page.

Note here only testing with a few 1-Wire RPi hubs for some ~10 sensors.
                    - Pete

Auto mator

Comment

It looks like 3.2.12.0 did fix the VSP problem, and the value conversion problem.

I have two sensors that I am testing with. They generate a JSON message with up to four values, two of which are humidity and temperature. This had been working with versions prior to 3.2.11.0.

With 3.2.11.0 two things happened. The devices I had accepted were no longer accepted. The payload was showing up OK in the Associations tab, but the accept boxes were unchecked. I checked them and a new set of HS devices were created. I was monitoring the humidity device. The humidity here is around 50%, the device value was being set to 19, 26, and others not related to the payload displayed in the Associations tab. I didn't really look at the VSP info, just saw there were a dozen or so entries. But it is working now.

Bill

Comment

V3.2.12.1 has been put in the updater.

Fixed auto VSP determination based upon past payloads on initial device creation. As a usability note the Association tab and the Manual tab work in concert. If a topic is accepted on the Association tab, the Manual tab will also be populated with with the newly accepted topic info including the VSP type setup. This will one quickly to assess if the automatic VSP determination is what is desired and if not then just click the radio for what you want.

Fixed echo control logic. Previously the General tab echo selection was not honored.

Fixed blank page using earlier versions of Mono.

Comment

Thank you Michael. Updated to V3.2.12.1 late last nigh (or early morning).

I had disabled the plugin in yesterday afternoon to work on Node Red a bit.

I changed the OWFS reads to every 3-4 minutes instead of every 10 seconds. I do see the temperature values using debug / console on Red Node.

It appears to be seeing my Red Node stuff fine but is not publishing the values:

MQTT Broker Online Stats
                          Online @ 2018-04-08 01:09:43 for 608 minutes

Totals Since Powerup
                          MQTT Messages Published by mcsMQTT 1
                          MQTT Received & Accepted by mcsMQTT 4712
                          MQTT Received & not Accepted by mcsMQTT 5

Totals for Today
                          MQTT Messages Published by mcsMQTT 1
                          MQTT Received & Accepted by mcsMQTT 4712
                          MQTT Received & not Accepted by mcsMQTT 5

[ATTACH]68025[/ATTACH]
                          - Pete

Auto mator

Comment

What do you have setup to be transmitted? If you want mcsMQTT devices to publish then you need to have a Topic defined for the publishing. I did update the manual and in the start of Section 4 I included Q&A and it covers this. There is also an entire major section on the various ways to publish.

Comment

Thank you Michael.

Yes here for current testing just publish temperature and humidity from one RPi in the basement doing Red Node / 1-wire temperature/humidity stuff.

It was working fine so I must have fat fingered my configuration.

Will read manual section 4.

The values look fine and are present and updated in the Associations tab and payload column.

When I go to editing it manually a pop up comes up stating it already is a device. Will delete the originally created devices.

[ATTACH]68030[/ATTACH]
                              Last edited by Pete; April 8, 2018, 12:23 PM.
                              - Pete

Auto mator

Comment

All you need to do is add a set of topics in the text boxes. When a Device changes the Value will be published on that topic.

What I do not understand is why you want to publish as a MQTT message already exists for all other MQTT clients to see that contain the same information to which has been subscribed my mcsMQTT. These clients would just need to subscribe to it.

If you the temperature information already in HS via some other mechanism and you want to make it available to other clients then you would be using the pink rows to do this setup because these are non-plugin devices that already exist. In this case you would still enter a publish topic in the text box after the HS device has been accepted.

Comment

Working...
                                X