Version 3.2.x.x

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thank you Michael.

Understood about the the MQTT message already existing. First time configuration of the MQTT plugin with the test Red Node OWFS stuff showed the status (temperature and humidity) right away.

I know it is there.

I just do not see it in the status of the client to Homeseer 3 variables temperature and humidity as before. I thought based on the status that it needs to be published.

If you the temperature information already in HS via some other mechanism and you want to make it available to other clients then you would be using the pink rows to do this setup because these are non-plugin devices that already exist. In this case you would still enter a publish topic in the text box after the HS device has been accepted.

I only want the Red Node OWFS from the RPi available to Homeseer 3 and nothing else right now. That and I am really bad with colors here....can't tell pink from blue or green from brown or orange...
    - Pete

Auto mator
    Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb
    Homeseer Zee2 (Lite) - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e - CherryTrail x5-Z8350 BeeLink 4Gb BT3 Pro
    HS4 Lite - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenovo Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram

HS4 Pro - V4.1.18.1 - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenova Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram
    HSTouch on Intel tabletop tablets (Jogglers) - Asus AIO - Windows 11

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation-Tasmota-Espurna. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Alexa, Cheaper RFID, W800 and Home Assistant

Comment

Non-pluign rows are pink and plugin rows are green. The checkbox at the top of Association tab can be used to view only one or the other.

In your case I think you have RPi collecting 1-wire data and publishing updates using Node-Red via MQTT. You have a different computer with HS and mcsMQTT. The HS computer will subscribed to the topics sent by Node-Red. This looks to be what you have setup. Plugin (green rows) Devices are created and Device Value is updated when Node-Red publishes updates.

I do not think you have any further setup to do. You have no need to publish anything from mcsMQTT unless you want to send something to Node-Red for other purposes.

Comment

In your case I think you have RPi collecting 1-wire data and publishing updates using Node-Red via MQTT. You have a different computer with HS and mcsMQTT. The HS computer will subscribed to the topics sent by Node-Red. This looks to be what you have setup. Plugin (green rows) Devices are created and Device Value is updated when Node-Red publishes updates.

Thank you Michael.

I do not think you have any further setup to do. You have no need to publish anything from mcsMQTT unless you want to send something to Node-Red for other purposes.

Yes walked away from it for a bit this afternoon. I have not touched the MTQQ plugin stuff and just have updated it......
        - Pete

Auto mator
        Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb
        Homeseer Zee2 (Lite) - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e - CherryTrail x5-Z8350 BeeLink 4Gb BT3 Pro

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation-Tasmota-Espurna. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Alexa, Cheaper RFID, W800 and Home Assistant

Comment

- Pete

Auto mator

Comment

Well it went back to -1 values on the variables and statistics show that the messages are not being accepted.

[ATTACH]68039[/ATTACH]

I have reconfigured the reception of the Red Node values and checked on the accepted checkbox which in turn created the Homeseer variables except that they showed a temperature value once and then went back to showing a -1 value.

Association table is updating fine (here are 3 of 6 of them).

[ATTACH]68040[/ATTACH]

Seeing this in the debug.text

4/8/2018 5:02:32 PM 57169664 | Update Accepted 1986 to 70.8
            4/8/2018 5:02:32 PM 57169682 | HSEvent Do= False VALUE_CHANGE for Device 2089
            4/8/2018 5:02:32 PM 57169683 | HSEvent Do= False VALUE_CHANGE for Device 2090
            4/8/2018 5:02:32 PM 57169755 | Update Accepted 2069 to 70.4
            4/8/2018 5:02:32 PM 57169779 | HSEvent Do= False VALUE_CHANGE for Device 2069
            4/8/2018 5:02:32 PM 57169789 | HSEvent Do= False VALUE_CHANGE for Device 2089
            4/8/2018 5:02:32 PM 57169790 | HSEvent Do= False VALUE_CHANGE for Device 2090
            4/8/2018 5:02:33 PM 57170821 | Update Accepted 1965 to 67.8
            4/8/2018 5:02:33 PM 57170882 | HSEvent Do= False VALUE_CHANGE for Device 2089
            4/8/2018 5:02:33 PM 57170883 | HSEvent Do= False VALUE_CHANGE for Device 2090
            4/8/2018 5:02:38 PM 57176178 | HSEvent Do= False VALUE_CHANGE for Device 1785
            Last edited by Pete; April 8, 2018, 07:23 PM.
            - Pete

Auto mator

Comment

Take one of the subscribed topics and enter it on the Manual Tab for Inbound Subscriptions. This will show the VSP molde setup. You should have Number selected. If is not then select it there. I would also like to understand why it is not a number type for the UI and the debug output could help.

Comment

This morning updated plugin. Lost device type in the drop down and it is not present now in the accepted devices list.

I disabled the plugin to try again in the afternoon.

Updated this afternoon to most current version 3.2.13.2 and I see the same as this morning.

No devices are present with accepted devices and see a dev:unknown.

[ATTACH]68062[/ATTACH]

When I go to device list there is no mqtt plugin in the drop down list.

It is like it is not populating devices automagically when the devices are accepted.l

So I manually installed the message and I now see it fine as a variable and in search.

[ATTACH]68063[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]68064[/ATTACH]

Checking on the variable it is being updated fine now with temperatures and I do not see a question mark there.

So new way now is to initially accept the message then manually insert it?

1 - show selected associations
                2 - go to manual tab and Manual Setup or Edit of Subscription (Inbound) to a MQTT Topic

It is refreshing the page much slower now and utilization is the same as before (low).

This works for me as now I see the temperatures / humidity correctly and being updated fine.
                Last edited by Pete; April 9, 2018, 06:11 PM.
                - Pete

Auto mator

Comment

In your first image Device 2162 was shown as being associated with Topic 26.5CD...

A new Device 2169 was created with the same Topic. I assume you no longer have the relationship with 2162.

What I see wrong is that the Device Name did not display correctly. I can look into this. Is my assessment correct as to what you are trying to tell me?

Comment

Version 3.2.14.0 was placed in the updater. It contains provisions for Topic and Payload templates for Published (Outbound) General Tab setup. These provide for user customization.

The templates work in tandem with a set of substitution variables. There is a discussion thread https://forums.homeseer.com/showthread.php?t=195082 on this subject. The set of substitution variables are contained in the manual as Table 1.

If anyone has a need for other substitution variables I will be happy to add them.

For existing setups there should be impact as the same behavior should exist until templates are defined on the General Tab.

Comment

In your first image Device 2162 was shown as being associated with Topic 26.5CD...

A new Device 2169 was created with the same Topic. I assume you no longer have the relationship with 2162.

What I see wrong is that the Device Name did not display correctly. I can look into this. Is my assessment correct as to what you are trying to tell me?
                      Pete, I am looking into this with 2.2.14.0 and do not see any issues related to what you are reporting. I am not clear on what you mean by no mcsMQTT in the dropdown list. I can stop and start the plugin and see the same information in the Association Tab. I can unAccept a device and accept it again and other than a different Device Ref it all looks the same and has the full HS Device name under Dev:

The times when "Unknown" is displayed is when the HS Device no longer exists (hs.DeviceExistsRef(dvRef)). What I must assume happened is that somewhere along the way this device got deleted.

Comment

Thinking I have trashed my device database here along with my mcsMQTT configuration.

Earlier I disabled the plugin and removed any data stored by the plugin.

Earlier I meant that I did not see the mcsMQTT plugin on the Device type drop down list.

When I created an MQTT variable I saw the MQTT_Receive.

So I started again from scratch. One 1-wire combo temperature / humidity sensor.

I Node red I see the temperature and humidity values updating fine.

The payload values do not match what I see in the accepted associations but the clocks update.

[ATTACH]68070[/ATTACH]

The picture above shows the Red node values and the accepted associations which are not correct / not synced.

I want to get past this section before creating the variables so I can get back to this part.

Way back about 4 versions or so the Red Node values / time / were totally synced with the variables / accepted associations.

- Pete

Auto mator

Comment

Deleted the plugin and all associated directories and files. Re-installed the plugin.

Configured the combo temperature and humidity sensor. Worked first time with no issues.

Both temperature and humidity are synced to the Node Red.

Thinking I fat fingered something earlier...dunno...

[ATTACH]68071[/ATTACH]
                          [ATTACH]68072[/ATTACH]
                          [ATTACH]68073[/ATTACH]

Moving sensors and adding 5VDC to combo sensors (3 wires) using 22/4 alarm cable (a switch from catxx).

I can miniaturize the Node Red hub RPi to an OpenWRT microrouter with built in POE LAN or use the built in wireless. Smallest one I have is about 1" X 2".

[ATTACH]68077[/ATTACH]
                          Last edited by Pete; April 10, 2018, 12:24 PM.
                          - Pete

Auto mator

Comment

Back and now testing latest version.

How do I make the text show up on the HS device?
                            Attached Files
                            RJ_Make On YouTube

Comment

What you have setup should take the MQTT payload and store it in DeviceString. DeviceString takes precedence in the HS status displays. If you are not seeing it then you can try the Debug option and post the \Data\mcsMQTT\mcsMQTT_Debug.txt file.

If you have a limited number of text values in your payload then you can use List and this will produce Value Status Pairs (VSP). One these are then received the Device Value will be updated, the Device String set to null and the HS Status display will show the text. It is more useful for triggering events.

Comment

.logs attached.

PrintStarted:filename and FileAdded:name where tested.
                                Attached Files
                                RJ_Make On YouTube

Comment

Working...
                                X