No announcement yet.

Version 3.2.x.x

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No matter what I select I'm not able to get the payload written to the string for it's associated Homeseer device. This was working yesterday, I'm not sure what changed.
    Attached Files
    https://forums.homeseer.com/forum/de...plifier-plugin

Comment

Tried again this morning and the text option for the payload is sticking now, I guess it needed some sleep. All is working now
      https://forums.homeseer.com/forum/de...plifier-plugin

Comment

V.3.2.19.0

I like the changes

1 - depicting the reference number on the associations tab
        2 - Start with Either Existing Device Ref or Subscribe Topic on top of manual tab
        3 - moving the documentation PDF to the same Docs directory as rest of plugins.
        Last edited by Pete; April 15, 2018, 04:36 PM.
        - Pete

Auto mator
        Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb
        Homeseer Zee2 (Lite) - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e - CherryTrail x5-Z8350 BeeLink 4Gb BT3 Pro
        HS4 Lite - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenovo Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram

HS4 Pro - V4.1.18.1 - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenova Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram
        HSTouch on Intel tabletop tablets (Jogglers) - Asus AIO - Windows 11

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation-Tasmota-Espurna. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Alexa, Cheaper RFID, W800 and Home Assistant

Comment

Added a a temperature sensor last night. Had a bit of a hard time with it as I did not see the payload on it when it created the variable. Tried to manually edit it and made it worse and now see the payload but I cannot make changes to the variable.

When I go to edit the Homeseer variable I see:

Device settings prevent editing/adding value/graphics pairs

[ATTACH]68189[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]68190[/ATTACH]

This happened to me last week with a few variables. I could not get rid of the reference number / variables so I deleted the plugin, reinstalled the plugin and re entered my OWFS sensors.

Is there a way to delete the variable / reference number and start from scratch on it?
          - Pete

Auto mator
          Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb
          Homeseer Zee2 (Lite) - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e - CherryTrail x5-Z8350 BeeLink 4Gb BT3 Pro

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation-Tasmota-Espurna. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Alexa, Cheaper RFID, W800 and Home Assistant

Comment

You should be able to just unclick "A"ccept and the created device will be deleted. I too have seen the "device settings prevent..." error on at least one of the plugin devices.

Comment

Thank you Bill.

When I delete it via unchecking the "A"ccept box then recreate the variable via the "A"ccept box it recreates the variable with the same reference number and same issue of

Trying this now...

1 - delete the variable
              2 - shut down the plugin
              3 - enable the plugin
              4 - "A"ccept the variable
              5 - it created the variable with the ability to edit it. New reference number.
              6 - except the variable is now showing a -1 instead of the payload seen in the configuration.

[ATTACH]68191[/ATTACH]
              [ATTACH]68192[/ATTACH]

7 - this is the part when I do a manual edit of the variable then I see the payload but then I cannot change it.
              8 - noticed too the variable payload is updating correctly in the Association Table (updated timestamp) but not in the HS3 variable list (time stamp is stuck
              ).

Tried steps 1-6 again enabling "topic discovery" this time to see it changes.

Creates the variable as before with a -1 payload showing.

Did a manual edit of the device and changed HS Device Control/Status UI from unspecified to number.

It changed the variable to now showing the temperature number updating but showing Device settings prevent editing/adding value/graphics pairs with no suffix. The suffix is gone now.

[ATTACH]68194[/ATTACH]
              Last edited by Pete; April 15, 2018, 11:32 AM.
              - Pete

Auto mator

Comment

On the Manual tab look at the Status/Control UI that has been setup. I would expect the numeric temperature to be a Number picked in the radio control. This will result in a VSP of a range of a 32 bit number.

If it is selected to be Text then no VSP will be defined and the data should be stored in DeviceString. This selection will usually result in the message that limits user edit.

HS LastChange is based upon a change of the payload being stored. The mcsMQTT LastChange is based upon the message receipt time.

This whole area of VSP and CAPI has so many permutations with different results and just a tidbid of samples in the SDK so there is much trial and error to get a set of VSP properties and MISC properties that achieve the desired result.

If you add a publish topic then it will create a UI of a text box for number entry. This will not be the case in your situation since temperature cannot be controlled and is a status only device.

Comment

Thank you Michael.

Yeah when I tested with text then it let me edit the variable but showed a -1 for status.
                  When I change it to number it shows the correct variable with correct temperature value but I cannot edit it and get the message:

[ATTACH]68198[/ATTACH]

Last time this happened to me on a previous version of the plugin I disabled the plugin / deleted it / deleted all of the variables. Then using Linux file manager deleted any associated files created for the plugin directory by directory, reinstalled the plugin, recreated all of my variables in some 10 minutes and added just the suffix / saving each one.
                  - Pete

Auto mator

Comment

For a number does it have one VSP range defined as status only? Below is what the plugin does for a Number type. What are you trying to edit?

Code:
                                                hs.DeviceVSP_ClearAll(iRef, True)
                                                hs.DeviceVGP_ClearAll(iRef, True)
                                                .MISC_Clear(hs, HomeSeerAPI.Enums.dvMISC.AUTO_VOICE_COMMAND)
                                                If bControlable Then
                                                    vStatusControl = HomeSeerAPI.ePairStatusControl.Both
                                                    .MISC_Clear(hs, HomeSeerAPI.Enums.dvMISC.STATUS_ONLY)
                                                Else
                                                    vStatusControl = HomeSeerAPI.ePairStatusControl.Status
                                                    .MISC_Set(hs, HomeSeerAPI.Enums.dvMISC.STATUS_ONLY)
                                                End If
                    :
                    :

ElseIf iType = StatusTypes.Number Then
                                                        If bControlable Then
                                                            oRender = HomeSeerAPI.Enums.CAPIControlType.TextBox_Number
                                                        Else
                                                            oRender = HomeSeerAPI.Enums.CAPIControlType.Not_Specified
                                                        End If
                                                        .MISC_Clear(hs, HomeSeerAPI.Enums.dvMISC.NO_STATUS_DISPLAY)
                                                        .MISC_Set(hs, HomeSeerAPI.Enums.dvMISC.NO_GRAPHICS_DISPLAY)
                                                        .MISC_Set(hs, HomeSeerAPI.Enums.dvMISC.SHOW_VALUES)
                                                        Pair = New HomeSeerAPI.VSPair(vStatusControl)
                                                        Pair.PairType = HomeSeerAPI.VSVGPairType.Range
                                                        Pair.RangeStart = &H80000000
                                                        Pair.RangeEnd = &H7FFFFFFF
                                                        Pair.IncludeValues = True
                                                        Pair.ValueOffset = 0
                                                        Pair.RangeStatusPrefix = ""
                                                        Pair.RangeStatusSuffix = ""
                                                        Pair.ControlUse = HomeSeerAPI.ePairControlUse.Not_Specified
                                                        Pair.Render = oRender
                                                        hs.DeviceVSP_AddPair(iRef, Pair)

Comment

I was using the edit function to look at it but not change it.

Thinking I know what I originally did to maybe cause this issue.

I forgot to change the settings to look for new messages rather left it at accepted only.

Then I manually entered it.
                      - Pete

Auto mator

Comment

Do you have what you need or is something not working as expected?

Comment

I cannot add the suffix to my variable and change the HS3 variable to be editable. I have done this before and will fix it.

Will tinker with it.

Removed plugin and deleted all associated files then downloaded plugin and reinstalled. I do not have many variables such this is faster and reference to my variables is in Node Red so it goes fast.

5 minutes to reconstruct my OWFS sensors. All showed up in the Associations tab, checked the accept box, created all of the variables and edited them all with a prefix.
                          The sensors are all labeled in Node Red and I used a little magic marker to mark the individual sensors last week.

[ATTACH]68203[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]68204[/ATTACH]
                          Last edited by Pete; April 15, 2018, 05:22 PM.
                          - Pete

Auto mator

Comment

You can see from my post the settings used for the device. If something should be changed let me know. Like I said there was much trial and error

Comment

Understood Michael.

Yes .. I have done (created) this issue twice now by skipping steps.

Forgetting to under

General Tab

Inbound (Subscription) Management

and setting it to Discover Published MQTT Messages from the default Listen for Only Accepted Messages then creating a device manually.

I can see though too way back (earlier versions) initially when first starting up in Discovery mode it filled the Associations page.

So really the way you have it configured is the best way to do this.

I just have to remember not to skip steps.
                              - Pete

Auto mator

Comment

I tried various combinations of numeric inputs. They result in the desired Number status UI and if I change it to something and back to a number it still provides the desired 32 bit range VSP and ability to enter prefix and suffix.

For your situation where you have limited MQTT topics I would leave the top level setting to always enumerate devices, always discover topics and filter to show as a minimum all received. This way the Association page will have full visibility into what is available from Node Red.

I also removed some obsolete debug code in 3.2.19.1 that was causing the single line debug output in the root folder.

Comment

Working...
                                X