No announcement yet.

TPLink Smarthome Plugin

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

When trying to "manually" discover by IP address I get this in the log and no device is added. The "discovery" does seem hit or miss and it's not finding a few of my plugs.

Apr-29 14:37:50 Error Posting back to plugin web page TPLinkSetup: Sequence contains no matching element-> Server stack trace: Exception rethrown at [0]: at System.Runtime.Remoting.Proxies.RealProxy.HandleReturnMessag e(IMessage reqMsg, IMessage retMsg) at System.Runtime.Remoting.Proxies.RealProxy.PrivateInvoke(Mess ageData& msgData, Int32 type) at HomeSeerAPI.IPlugInAPI.PostBackProc(String page, String data, String user, Int32 userRights) at Scheduler.proxyPage.postBackProc(StateObject& state, String Data)
    Trying the manual add again from a fresh load of the screen. I put in the IP and just waiting. There was no indication that anything was running in the background, but I was curious and then the plug was found and displayed and no errors in the log that were any different than the other devices. On initial add to HS3 there's no tab for the device.

At this point I'll let it sit and rest and revisit later.

Comment

There should be a new menu entry under plug-ins can select the tplink smarthome status page and send that to me.
      Also, have tried clicking on the button in the device config that says "Get TPLink Details". I want to see if it is reading the device.
      James

Running HS 3 on Win10 .

Comment

Here's the details for one of the plugs.

Updates: All of the plugs that I have plugged into power are now added and they are all reporting/responding/working and all have the correct tab. I did find that after adding a plug the tab was not always created there would be an error in the log. After a restart of the plugin the tab was there and no error.

So far so good. I'm going to change some events that are using the plugs. Move them to use the plugin instead of my node-red integration and see how it goes.

Comment

That is encouraging.
          If possible can you send me a copy of this page
          Attached Files
          James

Running HS 3 on Win10 .

Comment

Here you go

Comment

I let everything just run overnight and no issues.

I just moved some of my events to use the plugin devices. I'll report back if there's any problems.

Comment

Thank you.
                I am posting a new version that has some improvements for the thread and the status page. Still working on fixing the "start up" issues.
                Your feedback has been very helpful.
                James

Running HS 3 on Win10 .

Comment

Originally posted by jasv View Post
                  Thank you.
                  I am posting a new version that has some improvements for the thread and the status page. Still working on fixing the "start up" issues.
                  Your feedback has been very helpful.
                  Thanks for putting out this Plugin. So far it's working great. I have some feedback around performance but I figure the "tuning" should come after function. So far the function is working well.

I'll keep an eye out for the updates and provide any additional feedback.

FYI. In case it matters, I'm running HS3 on Windows 10 (currently). Thinking moving to Linux. Do you know/think if the plugin will work with Linux?

Comment

I have not tested on Linux. I use Linux quite a bit but haven't had the motivation to migrate. If you do move over and there are issues, that might be reason enough for me to make the move.
                    James

Running HS 3 on Win10 .

Comment

I have not tested on Linux. I use Linux quite a bit but haven't had the motivation to migrate. If you do move over and there are issues, that might be reason enough for me to make the move.
                      I'm on the fence. I do prefer Linux but I was looking through the plugin list and some I "may" want to use in the future, etc and it makes it hard to decide. I loaded up an old box with Win 7 just for HS3 but now I'm second guessing to use it for Linux. I think I'll throw VirtualBox on it tomorrow and install HS3 in there for Linux and give it a run through and this plugin would be a good run through. I can just use a temp license for the linux install.

I'll let you know if I have any issues with it in Linux and I can test out other plugins that I actually currently use... then make my decision of what to make my Primary HS3 box.

Comment

I think there's a problem that occurs over time of running. I noticed things running "slower" than usual last night and I didn't check things but this morning when logging into my system it was REALLY slow and I see this.

The plugin is consuming tons of CPU.

Comment

Oh! Glad you took a look.
                          I have some threads running that might not be releasing memory.
                          I will take a look and get back to you.

Just to be sure, are you running the latest version? I did fix some thread issues that I posted on the top of this forum as version 18.4.30.2
                          James

Running HS 3 on Win10 .

Comment

For comparision

For comparison here my memory usage. It is possible I just haven't hit the condition you have. I will add monitoring and give you an update.
                            In addition to work, I teach Wed/Thu nights at a local college so it will likely be Sat before I can give it any serious focus unless it is something obvious.
                            Attached Files
                            James

Running HS 3 on Win10 .

Comment

For comparison here my memory usage. It is possible I just haven't hit the condition you have. I will add monitoring and give you an update.
                              In addition to work, I teach Wed/Thu nights at a local college so it will likely be Sat before I can give it any serious focus unless it is something obvious.
                              I have not updated to the latest. I'll do that now.

No worries about the timing scheduling this is not critical for me. I'll update and watch and see how things go.

Comment

I was able to recreate the issue. So it isn't solved yet. I will keep you updated.
                                James

Running HS 3 on Win10 .

Comment

Working...
                                X