LEDs open up new options

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

LEDs open up new options

LEDs are finally beginning to show up in lighting designs that take advantage of their unique properties. I suspect we are only seeing primitive, toe-in-the-water designs so far, but Phillips seems to be taking an aggressive line. I think this newest concept might even lead to a practical product some day.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/n...rpets/7015923/
    Mike____________________________________________________________ __________________
    HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.548, NUC i3

HW: Stargate | NX8e | CAV6.6 | Squeezebox | PCS | WGL 800RF | RFXCOM | Vantage Pro | Green-Eye | Edgeport/8 | Way2Call | Ecobee3 | EtherRain | Ubiquiti

The new dimmable LEDs ROCK!

I bought 5 cases of 100W incandescent bulbs when I heard they were being outlawed. Must have gotten a good batch as I still have 4 cases left. ....and they may last a good long time as I have been replacing lights with the new lines of LEDs that have shown up somewhat recently. I HATE FLORESCENT LIGHTING so I never bought any. I really didn't like LEDs as the light was just too start and sterile looking. These new dimmable LED have a warm light that is nearly indistinguishable from incandescent. The price is now about the same as CFLs when they first came out. They also run MUCH MUCH cooler and that means the Socket Rockets don't melt anymore! Happy Happy Happy!

Rob

Comment

Working...
    X