This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi Guys-

GetDamperStatus has been fully implemented to return a boolean indicating the damper status. I also added GetOperatingStage for those who prefer it over GetOperatingRCS. Same arguments, same return.
    -RJ (HomeSeer Tech)

Comment

I installed the new build of the plug-in today, and converted my two stats from "Stand Alone" to "ZCV". The values display correctly on the RCS Serial Thermostats page, but no values display on my main status page. Is everyone else getting values on the main page?

I also use Wapseer, for Homeseer access from my Windows mobile cell phone, and stats configured as a ZCV controller do not display correctly. Stats configured as stand alone work fine.
      Last edited by automateme; February 2, 2007, 08:05 PM.

Comment

Same here. As well could you *please* post a version that does not dump log entries for the parameters that are not parsed? The log fills up fast.

Thanks
        Jon

Originally posted by automateme View Post
        I installed the new build of the plug-in today, and converted my two stats from "Stand Alone" to "ZCV". The values display correctly on the RCS Serial Thermostats page, but no values display on my main status page. Is everyone else getting values on the main page?

I also use Wapseer, for Homeseer access from my Windows mobile cell phone, and stats configured as a ZCV controller do not display correctly. Stats configured as stand alone work fine.
        Jon Ort
        JonOrt@The--Orts.com
        (Remove the dashes in the address, spam is getting out of hand)

Comment

Hi Guys-

For the ZCV to work, you must add a single thermostat as a ZCV. You will then see an option to add multiple zones to that ZCV. So, you have three "devices," the ZCV itself, and the two zones.

The debugging enabled by default should have been removed, and I did do this a while ago, but due to sourcesafe being stupid, it got added back in. I have removed this again, so it will be OK in the next version.
          -RJ (HomeSeer Tech)

Comment

Trouble adding Two Stats and ZCV4

I have two stand alone TR40 and a ZCV4. The first TR40 is added at address 1, the second TR40 is address 2. The ZCV4 was added at address 3 with four zone controller added at zone 1 thru 4.

The RCS status page does not gather and report the ZCV4 data correctly using this installation scheme and the Homeseer status reports different staus values for each of the devices, non of it correct.

Any ideas?

Edit: Using plugin 2.3.2589.27197
            Last edited by cbryan; February 3, 2007, 04:50 PM. Reason: additional info

Comment

cbryan-

Can you send me your RCSSerial.cfg file? I don't think we've looked at a configuration like this yet, but I should be able to figure it out fairly easily with that file.
              -RJ (HomeSeer Tech)

Comment

Sure. What's the email address for attachment?

Comment

I've tried it 6 ways to Sunday and the ZCV configuration seems to be broken. I get the actual "RCS Serial Thermostat Status" screen working just fine. One zone controller with "System Settings" and then two zone thermostat devices inside. They show the data for the system just fine.

The devices in HomeSeer that should reflect the thermostat states are full of reset state data (0, 0, 0, Mode Off, Auto, Normal) and never change.

If I setup two plain old thermostats then I get the two composite devices in HomeSeer.

(BTW it is a ZCV2 with 2 40 stats)

Jon

Originally posted by RJ View Post
                  Hi Guys-

For the ZCV to work, you must add a single thermostat as a ZCV. You will then see an option to add multiple zones to that ZCV. So, you have three "devices," the ZCV itself, and the two zones.

The debugging enabled by default should have been removed, and I did do this a while ago, but due to sourcesafe being stupid, it got added back in. I have removed this again, so it will be OK in the next version.
                  Jon Ort
                  JonOrt@The--Orts.com

Comment

Here is the RCSSerial.cfg contents

RCS Thermostat Downstairs South 1 1 1 Stand Alone
                    RCS thermostat Downstairs North 2 1 2 Stand Alone
                    RCS Zone Controller Upstairs 3 3 ZCV Zone Controller Lissa Bedroom 1 1 1 ZCV Zone ID_ZoneTreadmill Room 2 1 2 ZCV Zone ID_ZoneTheater 3 1 3 ZCV Zone ID_ZoneRicca Bedroom 4 1 4 ZCV Zone ID_Zone
                    F
                    False
                    False
                    Last edited by cbryan; February 3, 2007, 05:24 PM. Reason: new post with correct file build (device name was wrong in first post)

Comment

Edited post above to correct device name in file

Comment

Originally posted by RJ View Post
                        Hi Guys-

RJ,

That is exactly the way that I set it up. On the RCS Serial Thermostats Status page, I had the ZCV Controller frame, with the two Stats (Family Room & Master Bedroom) inside. They were displaying the correct values. On the main HS status page, there was no ZCV Controller listed, only the two stats, and "0" was displayed in the Outside, HeatSet, CoolSet, etc. fields.

Comment

I can force the RCS status page to display correct data using the following method:

1. Delete all Homeseer RCS stats and zone controller from the main status page

2. Configure the TR40 stats at address 1 and 2 using the RCS plugin configuration page

3. Configure the ZCV4 as ZCV controller at address 3 using the RCS plugin configuration page

4. Configure zones 1 thru 4 under the ZCV controller (add zone) routine BUT configure the WDUs as zone 3 thru 6 (really the actual addresses on the RS485 network)

This will force the RCS plugin to report and display the correct data on the RCS status page but the Homeseer status page will contain errors for several of the devices.

I believe the problem is related to the fact that the ZCVx controller now automatically assigns the next (x) sequential addresses after you set the base address for the ZCV controller on the RS 485 network.

The current RCS configuration routine (methodology) creates device list conflicts between the RCS plugin configuration and the Homeseer device list status page.

Also the damper condition is either not posted in the RCS status or inverted, I'll have to verify which.

This is RCSSerial.cfg contents with setup as above:
                          RCS Thermostat Downstairs South 1 1 1 Stand Alone
                          RCS Thermostat Downstairs North 2 1 2 Stand Alone
                          RCS Zone Controller 3 3 ZCV Zone Controller Lissa Bedroom 3 1 3 ZCV Zone ID_ZoneTreadmill Room 4 1 4 ZCV Zone ID_ZoneTheater 5 1 5 ZCV Zone ID_ZoneRicca Bedroom 6 1 6 ZCV Zone ID_Zone
                          F
                          False
                          False
                          Last edited by cbryan; February 3, 2007, 07:13 PM.

Comment

Same as me.

Jon

Originally posted by automateme View Post
                            RJ,

That is exactly the way that I set it up. On the RCS Serial Thermostats Status page, I had the ZCV Controller frame, with the two Stats (Family Room & Master Bedroom) inside. They were displaying the correct values. On the main HS status page, there was no ZCV Controller listed, only the two stats, and "0" was displayed in the Outside, HeatSet, CoolSet, etc. fields.
                            Jon Ort
                            JonOrt@The--Orts.com

Comment

ZCVx Zone Controller

If the WDUs (4) attached to the ZCV4 are configured as additional stand alone thermostats behind the TR40s there are no issues and all works well in both Homeseer and the RCS status pages. The drawback is no master HVAC system or damper info.

After much experimentation, the only partial functionality I've been able to set up attempting to configure the ZCV4 as a ZCV zone controller in the RCS plugin was obtained configuring the two TR40 stats as stand alone on addresses 1 and 2, respectively. The ZCV4 was added on address 3 and the four TS40 WDUs were added as zones 3, 4, 5, and 6 under the ZCV4. This allowed the RCS status to display the correct data but the Homeseer status fields contained "0"s or default data and did not change. Any attempt to send commands or changes from the RCS status page caused errors in the Homeseer log (Error in HSPI.CmdSetFan, Index was out of range. Must be non-negative and less than the size of the collection.Parameter name: index).

When the four TS40 WDUs were configured as zones 1, 2, 3, and 4 under the ZCV4 at address 3, the status pages in both Homeseer and the RCS plugin pages contained incorrect data.

Comment

I have successfully set up the plug in as a zone controller with the latest version. As with the others have reported, the devices are not updating. Also, when calling GetTemp within a script for my second and third thermostats, I receive the error below:

2/3/2007 9:19:40 PM ~!~RCS Serial Thermostats~!~Error in HSPI.GetTemp, Collection index must be in the range 1 to the size of the collection.
                                HS: 2.5.0.60
                                Environment: Virtual XP as guest in VMWare Server running under Win 7
                                Plug-ins: MLHSPlugin|RCS Serial Thermostat|UltraLog|UltraMon|
                                Misc: 303 Devices, 313 Events, 68+ Scripts

HSeer: 3.0.0.54
                                Environment: Virtual XP as guest in VMWare Server running under Win 7
                                Plug-ins: BLGData|BLRF|BLRadar|BLRandom|BLSpeech
                                UltraM1G3|UltraECM3|UltraMon3|UPBSpud|Z-Wave
                                Misc: 148 Devices, 116 Events, 9+ Scripts (so far, still converting)

Comment

Working...
                                X