This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Recipes

I'm getting ready to put a touchscreen in the kitchen. Before I do that my wife had a request to be able to access her recipes from it. Soooo, my question here, is there a recipe plug-in anywhere that would work with HST?

I see a script in the updater but it's old and full of html/asp/etc pages that don't really integrate all that seamlessly with HST. Is anything else available?
    Marty
    ------
    XPpro SP3 /w HS Standard 2.5.0.80, HSTouch Server - 1.0.0.70, HSTouch Client 1.0.0.73 HSTouch Android - 1.0.0.2, HSTouch iPhone - 1.0.0.2
    Playing with HS3 a bit but it's just play at this point.

I'm guessing nothing. It would be a nice addition for HST, especially for a touchscreen in the kitchen.

I guess we'll call this a request.
    Marty
    ------
    XPpro SP3 /w HS Standard 2.5.0.80, HSTouch Server - 1.0.0.70, HSTouch Client 1.0.0.73 HSTouch Android - 1.0.0.2, HSTouch iPhone - 1.0.0.2

Comment

I thought Tom Caldwell (sp?) had a recipe plugin for HomeSeer?
      💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Here it is:
        http://board.homeseer.com/showthread...ghlight=recipe
        💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

He does, that's the one i was referring to in my first post. He has as much said he's really too busy to do any more support or updates for his scripts.

It would be really nice to start seeing some things coming out that are natively for HST. Showing HTML does work but it's clunky and obvious that you've dropped to a web page for viewing. I've been forced on a few things to show web pages but it never looks as good as something that native to HST.

Makes me wonder if there is a SDK coming along that will allow plug-in developers to do this kind of thing?
          Marty
          ------

Comment

This can be done quite easily if we could read a text file from disk and put it in a text box. Or even an MS Access database connector or similar.
            Thanks,

T.

Comment

You're probably right and if I knew how I would in a heartbeat. I swear if my 401k ever recovers and I get to retire I'm going back to school for programming.
              Marty
              ------

Comment

Working...
              X