HAI Code Changes for Omnistat2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Kirby View Post
    I will be supporting outside temperature from a HS device that you specify on the configuration page. It will be set on all thermostats via a broadcast message.

The biggest problem that I am having now is coding the web page (not my strong suit)
    I hear you on the web UI stuff. if you are using the new plugin methods and jquery objects just keep it simple for now.
    Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5
    Hardware: Insteon Serial PLM | AD2USB for Vista Alarm | HAI Omnistat2 | 1-Wire HA7E | RFXrec433 | Dahua Cameras | LiftMaster Internet Gateway | Tuya Smart Plugs
    Plugins: Insteon (mine) | Vista Alarm (mine) | Omnistat 3 | Ultra1Wire3 | RFXCOM | HS MyQ | BLRadar | BLDenon | Tuya | Jon00 Charting | Jon00 Links
    Platform: Windows Server 2022 Standard, i5-12600K/3.7GHz/10 core, 16GB RAM, 500GB SSD

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Can't wait to test it this weekend! Thanks a million for working on this.
        Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5
        Hardware: Insteon Serial PLM | AD2USB for Vista Alarm | HAI Omnistat2 | 1-Wire HA7E | RFXrec433 | Dahua Cameras | LiftMaster Internet Gateway | Tuya Smart Plugs
        Plugins: Insteon (mine) | Vista Alarm (mine) | Omnistat 3 | Ultra1Wire3 | RFXCOM | HS MyQ | BLRadar | BLDenon | Tuya | Jon00 Charting | Jon00 Links
        Platform: Windows Server 2022 Standard, i5-12600K/3.7GHz/10 core, 16GB RAM, 500GB SSD

Comment

Hi Mark,
          Your welcome. Thanks for your help on the various technical issues I ran into during the journey.

Keep me posted.

Kirby

Comment

I installed the plugin per the instructions above and everything went as expected.

One note: the name of the plugin is listed as "Test Plugin" in the updater file.

I registered two RC2000 units and everything setup and configured just fine.

I like the plugin config page; very thorough.

the plugin seems to be tracking the status of the status very well.

I like the color and intensity settings: very cool. i did notice the High intensity isn't as bright as the default settings

I will post more as i try various features.

i wonder if you should default the logging to On during this beta period so errors will be captured.

thanks
            Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

Hi Mark,
              I'm glad you were successful getting the plug-in up and running.

I am puzzled by the brightness of the display under high intensity. I set the brightness to 10 which is the highest value that I can manually set the stat to. I have verified that the stat gets set.
              If you want to play with it you can change the values in the device config page for the Display intensity device. Currently low = 4 med = 7 and high is 10.

Also, you can set values in the INI file for intensity and color as follows(defaults are indicated):
              DisplayRed=1
              DisplayGreen=30
              DisplayCyan=100
              DisplayPurple=93
              DisplayBlue=70

DisplayHighIntensity=10
              DisplayMediumIntensity=7
              DisplayLowIntensity=4

I think right now for the new INI values to take effect you would need to delete and re-enroll your stat.

Errors automatically show up in the log file and the HS log. The other options really put out a lot of information so I'm hesitant to turn them on by default. I would prefer to set the appropriate logging option once an issue is discovered.

Thanks for your feedback,

Kirby

Comment

is the idea of Occupancy Mode that once you enable this mode then you would use events/actions to change the stats from day to night, etc?

I'm evaluating the options for programming the stat. Using occupancy mode would seem to rely on hs where as the internal programming is standalone.
                Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

You are correct. The RC-2000s that you own have three choices: no programming, occupancy programming, or internal schedule programming. The occupancy programming relies on some external HA system to change the thermostat mode between Day, Night, Away, and Vacation. There is no capability for the thermostat to change its occupancy modes.

I like the occupancy programming capability because it is much more dynamic than a programmed schedule. You have all the functionality of HS available to set when the thermostat uses a particular occupancy mode.

The draw back as you mentioned is that HS has to be up. While in the old days that was a concern of mine, I now find HS to be very reliable.

Kirby

Comment

Kirby,
                    do you use HSTouch? the temperatures displayed are strange. current temp 126, heat set point 122, cool set point 126
                    Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

Mark,
                      The values are in OmniTemp degrees. Which is the native temp scale for the stats. OmniTemp is a value from 0 to 255. It corresponds to -40 to 87.5 Celsius and -40 to 189.5 Fahrenheit.

I do use HSTouch. I track status not value. The advantage is that I get the formatted temp display (and also the proper Celsius or Fahrenheit equivalent). HSTouch was the reason I added the ability to raise and lower the temp by a single degree. The HS thermostat API wasn't smart enough.

I don't believe this approach is restrictive in HsTouch. Let me know if I missed something.

Kirby

Comment

Mark,
                        The values are in OmniTemp degrees. Which is the native temp scale for the stats. OmniTemp is a value from 0 to 255. It corresponds to -40 to 87.5 Celsius and -40 to 189.5 Fahrenheit.

I do use HSTouch. I track status not value. The advantage is that I get the formatted temp display (and also the proper Celsius or Fahrenheit equivalent). HSTouch was the reason I added the ability to raise and lower the temp by a single degree. The HS thermostat API wasn't smart enough.

I don't believe this approach is restrictive in HsTouch. Let me know if I missed something.

Kirby

i looked at the hstouch template I'm using and it says its using 'device status' but 'device value' is obviously being picked up.

should i report this to HST?
                        Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

Kirby
                          is it possible to add a hs device to set the stat programming mode (occupancy, schedule, none)?
                          Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

Mark,
                            The Status tracking works fine for me. I'm using designer 3.0.8 and server 3.0.0.42. I have attached a one screen project. If you change the devices on the buttons and the text fields it should work for you. Let me know what you discover.
                            Kirby
                            Attached Files

Comment

Mark,
                              Unfortunately, It is not possible to set the program mode through the interface. I originally tried to set the program mode when occupancy was selected in the config screen but apparently it is read only although it is not documented as such.

Kirby

Comment

Mark,
                                The Status tracking works fine for me. I'm using designer 3.0.8 and server 3.0.0.42. I have attached a one screen project. If you change the devices on the buttons and the text fields it should work for you. Let me know what you discover.
                                Kirby
                                Kirby,
                                thanks for sharing the test xml. i do see the correct values with i load it into the windows client.

I'm using the default 568x320-Portrait5.xml project for an iphone. its setup to allow you to select the stat first and then it displays the thermostat screen.

can you load that project and see if you if you get status or values?
                                Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

Working...
                                X