Envisalink 2DS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Envisalink 2DS

I was curious if anyone was looking at developing a plug-in for the Envisalink 2DS. The Envisalink 2DS is a TCP-IP interface for the DSC PowerSeries panels. See http://www.eyez-on.com/EZMAIN/envisalink2ds.php

"It allows the end-user to view the status of and even control their alarm panel through a standard web-browser. "

We can already do this with HomeSeer and the IT-100 interface.
    💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Originally posted by macromark View Post
      "It allows the end-user to view the status of and even control their alarm panel through a standard web-browser. "

We can already do this with HomeSeer and the IT-100 interface.

Hello,

Yes, you can... But there is one distinct difference. The 2DS is native tcp-ip and therefore, it is not depended on having a computer running. Take this a step further, it will allow the homeseer user to do remote monitoring of their holiday homes if they have one.

So, the 2DS currently provides similiars functionality but if the alarm system is a different building, or location, as long as they have a network connection, it is might be an easier option.

API can be found at
      http://forum.eyez-on.com/FORUM/viewt...ad396218f1da60

I know this is homeseer and to use it you need to be running a computer and this is great but as the 2DS is or can be externally enrolled and monitored, it is just another option.

Anyway, I was just curious.
      Last edited by brientim; February 24, 2012, 02:15 AM. Reason: Add link

Comment

I also have a 2DS. will the existing DSC plugin work with the 2DS/3DS?

Comment

I run both but wish I could loose the IT-100

I have the IT-100 and the Envisalink - I would love for HS to support the Envisalink so I could ditch the IT-100 and the IP to serial converter I'm running to get from HS to my alarm panel.

The Envisalink is not interfaced with HS (only the IT-100) but it still works standalone via its web host.

Comment

I can tell you that HomeSeer doesn't have the time to take this on but if you have any coding skills you can download the HomeSeer SDK and create a new plugin.
            💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

I want to interface my DSC panel with HS. Until today I didn't know about Envisalink. So now I have to choose between IT-100 and Envisalink.

Obviously if I go with Envisalink, I will try to create a plugin for it.

Do you guys know if there is any difference between these two cards in terms of capabilities?

Comment

Some docs attached that may help you

I doubt there is a difference but not really sure - I know that all of the info I get via the IT-100 can be seen via the Envisalink.

I like the Envisalink much better - if you build a plug-in I'm ready to buy, I would love to get off of the serial connection the IT-100 has be chained to.

Blade has a DSC plug in (that I'm using now) he said he may (someday) support the Envisalink but I'm not holding my breath for that. Right now it just supports the IT-100
                Attached Files

Comment

I have just bought the Envisalink 3. I will let you know as soon as I have it integrated in HS.

Exciting stuff!

Comment

Great

Let me know what I can do to help!!!!

Photo of my install and conf list below in case you need any beta testing.
                    Attached Files

Comment

I have started to write an EnvisaLink plugin, so far I have devices that report zones and partition statuses, and I'm going to add some buttons to arm/disarm a partition, and to bypass a zone. I think these are the main features I'm going to personally use in my system, but I'm not sure what others would like to see?

What features of the other DSC plugins are you actually using?

Also in the other DSC plugins what are the possible statuses for partitions and zones?
                      Right now for partitions I have: NotReady, Ready, Armed, InAlarm, Busy
                      and for zones I have: Opened and Closed.

Comment

Using your airplay speak and HS/DCS for doorbell

One thing I just hooked up was a doorbell notification for my second floor. I hooked up an AC relay to my existing 18VAC doorbell circuit then used the relay contact to open one of the spare zones on my DCS expansion module.

When the doorbell is pushed it opens a zone, via the IT100, HS is notified makes an announcement on my second floor (using Airplay Speak) - works great - this could also be used to switch AV HW or send an email or text.

Lots of other stuff, I have included a list that shows what triggers can be used with the plug in I'm currently using. Right now I really only use a few triggers like -- system battery, zone open and restored.

The one feature that is missing is an ability for me to fire an event based on the condition of more than one trigger. Like zone X is open and Partition 1 is X or zone X is X and zone Y is X.

I have a busy week (at work this week) - I'll think about this and try to add to this post on the weekend - thanks for working on this!!!!
                        Attached Files

Comment

A beta version of my EnvisaLink plug-in is available here: http://forums.homeseer.com/showthread.php?t=160342

Give it a shot and let me know about any bug or anything it would miss

Comment

Working...
                          X