Air duct cleaning

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Air duct cleaning

Hey guys I got a problem, I normally change my air filter from AC regularly, but I'am finding dust in places like my master bedroom and closet and of course some other rooms, looks like I may need to clean my ducts, has anyone tried the air duct cleaning system and how did it work for you?

What should I be concerned when hiring somebody and what's the best method of doing it? Any comments are appreciated thank you.
    Hector
    MyTrigger,ACRF2,W800,Zwave
    AP800,Honeywell Stat

Originally posted by Rotech View Post
    Hey guys I got a problem, I normally change my air filter from AC regularly, but I'am finding dust in places like my master bedroom and closet and of course some other rooms, looks like I may need to clean my ducts, has anyone tried the air duct cleaning system and how did it work for you?

What should I be concerned when hiring somebody and what's the best method of doing it? Any comments are appreciated thank you.
    The dust may not be coming from there. For instance, if you have negative pressure in your house, it may be getting sucked in through penetrations from outside.

If you have all metal ducts, there's probably no harm. I've heard some of the spinning duct cleaners can shred the flex ducts though, not to mention release a lot of dust into your house in the process. Something to look into.

I should probably clean our dryer exhaust duct. Even though it's different, I'd be interested if you find a great tool in your search.

Comment

I do have flexible ducts, and since I've never done this job before I'm concerned about brushes that can tear them. How do I find out if I have negative pressure?
      Hector
      MyTrigger,ACRF2,W800,Zwave
      AP800,Honeywell Stat

Comment

Maybe there are simpler ways, but I imagine something like a dual port manometer would tell you: https://www.acwholesalers.com/Fieldp...FUoV7Aod4B8AEA

Or, an HVAC technician should be able to check your system and tell you.

There's at least one HVAC tech who frequents this forum. I'm sure he could advise on how to check and/or suggest other things to also check. Failing that, there's at least one large and popular internet HVAC forum where you could ask and get answers. I'm forgetting the name, but the sysop is a guy who wrote a popular software program for doing residential HVAC thermal load modeling and calculations.

I'd be interested to learn what you find out.
        Last edited by NeverDie; April 11, 2014, 05:48 AM.

Comment

Working...
        X