www.homeseer.com    

Go Back   HomeSeer Message Board > Lighting & Primary Technology Plug-ins > Lighting & Primary Technology Discussion > HomeSeer Z-Wave Plug-in

HomeSeer Z-Wave Plug-in Discussions relating to the Z-Wave plug-in

Old February 6th, 2015, 07:58 PM
Seer Master

optimization error

I am just getting back into home automation after a year's absence and have got some zwave devices with the aeon usb stick. I tried to optimize and got an error and now whenever I try any type of optimization I get this:

Error - A previous Optimization is still in process or ended in an error. Complete the optimization successfully or reset your Z-Wave interface before attempting this operation again.

I have no idea how to clear this out so I can optimize again. Can't find anything in the threads. Any takers?
Old February 6th, 2015, 09:06 PM
OverSeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alconnell View Post
I am just getting back into home automation after a year's absence and have got some zwave devices with the aeon usb stick. I tried to optimize and got an error and now whenever I try any type of optimization I get this:

Error - A previous Optimization is still in process or ended in an error. Complete the optimization successfully or reset your Z-Wave interface before attempting this operation again.

I have no idea how to clear this out so I can optimize again. Can't find anything in the threads. Any takers?
Try going to Plug-ins>Z-Wave>Controller Management. Expand the primary interface by clicking on the orange triangle to the left. Then under actions choose "Restart this interface", then click "Start". This will restart your controller.

PHLocation - Pushover - EasyTrigger - UltraECM3 - Ultra1Wire3 - Arduino
Old February 9th, 2015, 10:58 AM
Seer Master

Thanks,
I've tried that many times and tried re-starting HS. Nothing seems to work.
Old February 9th, 2015, 11:28 AM
Seer Deluxe

On a Z-Troller

I do not know about your Z-stick, I use a Z-Troller. But, I have had an Optimization (Scan, Import, etc) lockup like that and give that (or similar) error message.

I Disable the Z-Wave plugin for a minute or two. Then Enable it. Next I shut down HS3, rebooted PC and restarted HS3. No errors on restart and and I could reset the interface as rprade described and continue Zwave operations as normal.

Good Luck!
2017-04-01: Shuttle XH81V Mini PC, dual RS232. Processor:Intel Core i7-477O5 - 3.1 GHz, 5.0 GT/s, 8MB. RAM: 16GB DDR3-1600MHz. Hard Drives:Two 240GB Internal Solid state disks (SSD). External 1T USB 3 drive. Dedicated for HomeSeer. (backup for other apps)
OS:Windows 10 Pro, HS3 3.0.0.315 with UACPass. Currently mostly Z-Wave Devices (137 nodes) 90%+ LED, Plugin 3.0.1.25, Z-NET 1.0.13. HSTouch .68, RFXCOM with 5 Sensors, MyQ plug-in, BlueIris, Pushover, Restart, Edge Browser.
Old February 9th, 2015, 11:30 AM
OverSeer

Which version of HS are you running? If HS2, you should be on 2.5.0.81 and if on HS3, I would recommend .152 with .189 of the z-wave plugin.

Cheers
Al
UltraGCIR GC-100|UltraNetcam|UltraPioneer|Ultra1Wire|DSC PC1832|BLLED|BLTVGuide|ImperiHome|jon00 Utilities|MySensors

PHLocation|X10 CM11A IOLinc,etc
Old February 9th, 2015, 11:30 AM
OverSeer

What version of HS3 are you running? What version of the Z-Wave plugin are you running?
Old February 10th, 2015, 08:15 AM
Seer Master

You guys are good!

Just as I remember it - lots of help available. So I am on HS2 vs. 2.5.0.52....that is the latest version available to me in the updater. Zwave Plugin????? I don't see that, I am running the AEON stick version 2. It installs fine with the existing drivers. Boy do I feel like a newbie again!
Old February 11th, 2015, 10:22 PM
OverSeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alconnell View Post
Just as I remember it - lots of help available. So I am on HS2 vs. 2.5.0.52....that is the latest version available to me in the updater. Zwave Plugin????? I don't see that, I am running the AEON stick version 2. It installs fine with the existing drivers. Boy do I feel like a newbie again!
You can get 2.5.0.81 here: https://homeseer.com/older-downloads.html Also, If you are starting from scratch, I would suggest using HS3 as there really isn't a good migration path from 2 to 3, so if you go to 3 later on, you'll be manually redoing a bunch of stuff.

Cheers
Al

Last edited by sparkman; February 13th, 2015 at 12:17 AM.
Old February 12th, 2015, 10:10 PM
Seer Master

Thanks for the advice Al! I haven't got too far into my system rebuilding and I'll definitely give HS3 a lookover.