www.homeseer.com    

Go Back   HomeSeer Message Board > Lighting & Primary Technology Plug-ins > Lighting & Primary Technology Discussion > HomeSeer Z-Wave Plug-in

HomeSeer Z-Wave Plug-in Discussions relating to the Z-Wave plug-in

Old September 28th, 2016, 04:41 AM
OverSeer

How to do the best complete optimization?

In HS2 the "rule" was (as explained by someone from HS) that you should run a normal optimize 4 times, and then a Full Optimization.

I still do that. Is this still valid, or has the optimize function changed between HS2 and HS3?
HSPro 3.0.0.368, Z-NET with Z-wave plugin 3.0.1.190, RFXCOM + 2x RFXtrx433E, HSTouch, Squeezebox plugin, iTach IP/WF2IR & GC-100-6 with UltraGCIR, BLDenon, NetcamStudio, Jon00s Webpage builder, Harmony Hub plugin, SCSIP (with FreePBX), Arduino plugin, IFTTT, Pushalot plugin, Device History plugin.
Running on Windows 10 (64) virtualized
on ESXi (Fujitsu Primergy TX150 S8).
WinSeer (for Win10) - TextSeer - FitbitSeer - HSPI_MoskusSample

Are you Norwegian (or Scandinavian) and getting started with HomSeer? Read the "HomeSeer School"!
Old October 5th, 2016, 08:04 AM
OverSeer

For future references, HST tells me that HS3 does it differently:
One "Optimize" and one "Full Optimize" should do the trick.
Old October 5th, 2016, 12:22 PM
Seer Deluxe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moskus View Post
For future references, HST tells me that HS3 does it differently:
One "Optimize" and one "Full Optimize" should do the trick.
Good to know, thanks for pointing this out. I've always just ran the full optimize.
Old October 9th, 2016, 11:05 AM
OverSeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by simonmason View Post
Following on to this message. HS2 had an option to run a full optimize every night. Does this option exist or do I need to create an event to support it?
It's called z-health in hs3 and can be turned on under Controller Management in tbe zwave plugin.

Cheers
Al
UltraGCIR GC-100|UltraNetcam|UltraPioneer|Ultra1Wire|DSC PC1832|BLLED|BLTVGuide|ImperiHome|jon00 Utilities|MySensors

PHLocation|X10 CM11A IOLinc,etc
Old October 10th, 2016, 02:58 AM
OverSeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by sparkman View Post
It's called z-health in hs3 and can be turned on under Controller Management in tbe zwave plugin.
You can turn it on. But does it work?

I've tried turning it on, but it does not run, at least not the last time I tried it (4 months ago?). Has anything changed since then?

If it works for you US-guys, then perhaps it's YET ANOTHER ANNOYING DATE-TIME FORMAT THING!
Old October 10th, 2016, 04:26 AM
OverSeer

Moskus,

It is not a date issue- keep smiling . I have had it running three weeks ago, because my zwave started to do unexpected things. I have let it run for a few hours and then I disabled it. Since then Zwave is behaving, except e few device from a greenwave powerplug. Think that one is going down as it might be of bad quality.

Wim

Plugins:RFXCOM, HSTouch Server, Squeezebox, BLGData, Restart, Jon00's Perfmon and Network monitor, WeatherXML, BLBackup, TenScripting, BC4, Pushover, PHLocation, JowiHue, Zwave, Sonos
650 devices ---- 336 events ----- 40 scripts
Old October 10th, 2016, 04:41 AM
OverSeer

I just tried it, and oh joy! It IS working!

You can't blame me for doubting it. It hasn't worked for years.
Old October 10th, 2016, 04:54 AM
OverSeer

Then I was just lucky!
Never tried to use it before, going the optimize/full optimize way only when a new device was included or it changed to new locations. Other then that I never bothered... Until this three weeks ago - ran it for the first time since using zwave ( about 4 years or so?).

Have to say it helped for the issue, but do not want to use it structurally yet here.

Wim
Old October 10th, 2016, 08:52 AM
OverSeer

Quote:
You can turn it on. But does it work?

I've tried turning it on, but it does not run, at least not the last time I tried it (4 months ago?). Has anything changed since then?

If it works for you US-guys, then perhaps it's YET ANOTHER ANNOYING DATE-TIME FORMAT THING!
I've never actually used it and was responding to the question that was asked (which seems to have been deleted after I responded). And yes, things have changed since then

Cheers
Al

PS last time I checked, Canada was still independent, so not sure who you are referring to...
Old October 10th, 2016, 08:58 AM
Seer Master

Sorry - I deleted the message immediately after posting it because I figured it out. I did not equate ZHealth with running optimization every night. However, since turning this on I am seeing nothing in the log to show that any optimization is taking place? I am in the US! Should I be seeing log entries?
Old October 10th, 2016, 09:05 AM
OverSeer

What version of HS3 are you running?

Cheers
Al
Old October 10th, 2016, 03:13 PM
OverSeer

Quote:
PS last time I checked, Canada was still independent, so not sure who you are referring to...
Maybe you'll have to check in a couple of months...
Old October 10th, 2016, 03:35 PM
OverSeer

Quote:
Maybe you'll have to check in a couple of months...
We may have our own wall by then
Old October 10th, 2016, 03:37 PM
Seer Master

My HS Version HS3 Standard Edition 3.0.0.297, which I believe is the latest version.
Old October 11th, 2016, 02:37 AM
OverSeer

Quote:
We may have our own wall by then
That's smart! You'll avoid all the immigrants trying to cross the border before it's to late.

... and you'll make them pay for it!
Old October 11th, 2016, 02:39 AM
OverSeer

Quote:
My HS Version HS3 Standard Edition 3.0.0.297, which I believe is the latest version.
Yes, but are you running the latest version of the Z-wave plugin?
The latest official is 3.0.1.93 (latest beta is 3.0.1.94). Sometime in the past not too far away, the Z-Health was fixed.
Old October 11th, 2016, 08:34 AM
Seer Master

A-ha - I checked and I am not running the latest. According to the installed the latest released version is 3.0.1.87. I will download and install this. How do I know when plugins update? in HS2 the installer used to flag plugins that are out of date. I don't see a way to do this in HS3? Thanks.
Old October 11th, 2016, 08:42 AM
Seer Deluxe

Quote:
A-ha - I checked and I am not running the latest. According to the installed the latest released version is 3.0.1.87. I will download and install this. How do I know when plugins update? in HS2 the installer used to flag plugins that are out of date. I don't see a way to do this in HS3? Thanks.
I agree with you....think it's because Zwave updates go into the beta list which you have to check every now and then. Other 'released' plugin updates appear in your installed plugins list under Update which is obvious. Having said that I don't really know what the criteria is for each method.
Old October 11th, 2016, 08:44 AM
OverSeer

Quote:
HS3 does this even better by having a Update column in the Plugin -> Manage list. Open the page, and then wait a little. It will show up.