Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Last edited by SteveMSJ; September 30, 2017, 04:53 AM. Reason: New version

Comment

Finally got around to updating to the newest..... really nice work.

only one sensor not reporting right, and truth is, i can't remember if this was working before.

It's a Fibaro door/windows sensor that i'm using with a thermos probe for my hot tub temp. I know it's still working, because i'm getting accurate temp readings.

in the log, it shows this error, which is the reference number for the battery for this sensor.
      SDJ-Health
      Error - Battery database not found so value not logged! Ref #376

In the dashboard, it shows that the last good poll was 1/1/2000, so i'm guessing this is a problem with the device, and not your plugin.

Looking at the device itself, also shows battery at 0%. Will check elsewhere in the forum, but let me know if you have any ideas.

thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by Tomgru View Post
        Finally got around to updating to the newest..... really nice work.

only one sensor not reporting right, and truth is, i can't remember if this was working before.

It's a Fibaro door/windows sensor that i'm using with a thermos probe for my hot tub temp. I know it's still working, because i'm getting accurate temp readings.

in the log, it shows this error, which is the reference number for the battery for this sensor.
        SDJ-Health
        Error - Battery database not found so value not logged! Ref #376

In the dashboard, it shows that the last good poll was 1/1/2000, so i'm guessing this is a problem with the device, and not your plugin.

Looking at the device itself, also shows battery at 0%. Will check elsewhere in the forum, but let me know if you have any ideas.

thanks.
        That error indicates that the plugin couldn't find the SQLite database when trying to save or retrieve the battery level for that device. Do you have LogToDatabase selected on the 'Config' page of the plugin?

You say 'In the dashboard, it shows that the last good poll was 1/1/2000' do you mean the device string for the monitoring child? If so it looks like it is set to monitor by polling but the Fibaro door/window sensor is a non listening device so it should be monitored by wake-up messages not polling. It might have got confused when upgrading the monitoring device from an earlier version of the plug-in so I would suggest deleting the monitoring child and let the plug-in recreate it the next time the device sends a wake-up message. If it doesn't recreate then check the log for wake-up messages.
        Let me know how you get on.

Steve

Comment

Originally posted by SteveMSJ View Post
          That error indicates that the plugin couldn't find the SQLite database when trying to save or retrieve the battery level for that device. Do you have LogToDatabase selected on the 'Config' page of the plugin?

You say 'In the dashboard, it shows that the last good poll was 1/1/2000' do you mean the device string for the monitoring child? If so it looks like it is set to monitor by polling but the Fibaro door/window sensor is a non listening device so it should be monitored by wake-up messages not polling. It might have got confused when upgrading the monitoring device from an earlier version of the plug-in so I would suggest deleting the monitoring child and let the plug-in recreate it the next time the device sends a wake-up message. If it doesn't recreate then check the log for wake-up messages.

Steve
          LogToDabase was off.. turned on.

what I mean regarding the dashboard is that if I look at the actual device, NOT the device as it shows us in SDJ, it shows 0 battery. So i'm wondering if this issues is witg the device itself in HS3, and not your plugin.
          Attached Files

Comment

LogToDabase was off.. turned on.

what I mean regarding the dashboard is that if I look at the actual device, NOT the device as it shows us in SDJ, it shows 0 battery. So i'm wondering if this issues is witg the device itself in HS3, and not your plugin.
            Can you post a screenshot of the corresponding SDJ-Health monitoring device?

Steve

Comment

Can you post a screenshot of the corresponding SDJ-Health monitoring device?

Steve
              Here you go.
              Attached Files

Comment

Here you go.
                Well for some reason the plugin is trying to poll that device, which it can't do because it is a non-listening device. I don't know why that is, possibly it's got confused when upgrading between versions. The best thing would be to delete the monitoring child and let the plug-in recreate it next time it receives a wake-up message. You could check the log to see that wake-up messages are being logged.

The battery reading of 0% is a device or HS3 issue. It's not uncommon and the original reason for the plug-in as it can alert you when the device actually dies without relying on battery levels.

Steve

Comment

Well for some reason the plugin is trying to poll that device, which it can't do because it is a non-listening device. I don't know why that is, possibly it's got confused when upgrading between versions. The best thing would be to delete the monitoring child and let the plug-in recreate it next time it receives a wake-up message. You could check the log to see that wake-up messages are being logged.

The battery reading of 0% is a device or HS3 issue. It's not uncommon and the original reason for the plug-in as it can alert you when the device actually dies without relying on battery levels.

Steve
                  thanks. i'll give that a try.

Comment

Battery level logging is starting to reveal some interesting information. Whilst some devices stick stubbornly on 100% or 0% at least this Aeon Multisensor 6 is posting regular updates.

I have a few of these but only one running on batteries. My memory is that when I first installed it the batteries reported 100% and dropped steadily over a period of time to 50% at which point the device died. I checked the batteries one of which was flat but the other seemed fine. However, I replaced them both with new batteries on 20/01/17, the device started working again but the batteries reported 50% and stayed like that for over four months. The battery level started dropping on 16/04/17 and continues at a reasonably constant rate. It will be interesting to see at what level the device dies and what the level rises to next time I replace the batteries.

Notice that the level increased a little on 20/04 and 21/04. It may be coincidence but we were away for a few days and returned on the 20th so the room temperature increased significantly on that day.

Steve
                    Attached Files

Comment

Hey Steve...

i have one i can't figure out. I have several Ecovents that you helped with in version awhile ago that your plugin can now see.

i set them up to warn me of quick batter drain. what's weird is 4 out of 5 of the vents show a very quick drain, but the actually battery level isn't actually dropping. any ideas?
                      Attached Files

Comment

Hey Steve...

i have one i can't figure out. I have several Ecovents that you helped with in version awhile ago that your plugin can now see.

i set them up to warn me of quick batter drain. what's weird is 4 out of 5 of the vents show a very quick drain, but the actually battery level isn't actually dropping. any ideas?
                        I suspect that the battery level reported is probably rising on one poll and then falling back to the original level on a subsequent poll. The rate will go to zero when it rises and then jump when it drops back down as it may be a few percent over a very short period of time.

The way to see what is going on is to turn on 'LogToDatabase' either globally or just for the individual devices. The plug-in will then start to build up a history of levels and discharge rates for the devices.

What Polling Interval do you have set? I set the default at 60 minutes but with hindsight I think I would suggest a much larger interval unless quick notification of the device failure is super critical.

Logging battery levels is showing up some of the vast differences between the accuracy and way different devices report, even supposedly identical devices. For many, discharge rate is interesting but not very useful. I have alerts turned off globally for discharge rate.

Steve

Comment

Notice that the level increased a little on 20/04 and 21/04. It may be coincidence but we were away for a few days and returned on the 20th so the room temperature increased significantly on that day.
                          More recorded battery history from this Aeon multisensor 6. We were away for a few days returning on the 27th and again it is noticeable that the battery levels increased slightly as the room warmed up. However, there is a steady progress downwards. Apart from the fact that it started at 50% on new batteries(!) this device appears to be reporting accurately, unlike some others.

In contrast to the Multisensor I have 2 StellaZs, bought a few months apart but as far as I can tell on the same firmware. One has been showing 0% for 46 days but still continues to wake-up and operate fine. The plug-in has just alerted me yesterday that the other one has died after 65 days, which it has. Battery level had been up and down and was on 62% when it died. I will replace the batteries and see how it runs over the next few months. I find battery life fairly poor on the StellaZs which was the main reason for the plug-in as I don't want to replace the batteries until the unit actually dies but I want to know the day it happens.

Steve
                          Attached Files

Comment

I suspect that the battery level reported is probably rising on one poll and then falling back to the original level on a subsequent poll. The rate will go to zero when it rises and then jump when it drops back down as it may be a few percent over a very short period of time.

The way to see what is going on is to turn on 'LogToDatabase' either globally or just for the individual devices. The plug-in will then start to build up a history of levels and discharge rates for the devices.

What Polling Interval do you have set? I set the default at 60 minutes but with hindsight I think I would suggest a much larger interval unless quick notification of the device failure is super critical.

Logging battery levels is showing up some of the vast differences between the accuracy and way different devices report, even supposedly identical devices. For many, discharge rate is interesting but not very useful. I have alerts turned off globally for discharge rate.

Steve
                            i changed polling to 12 hours.

I do have LogToDabase on. and see the DB3 file. how do i look at this? (noob question)

Comment

i changed polling to 12 hours.

I do have LogToDabase on. and see the DB3 file. how do i look at this? (noob question)

Each device has a history button to temporarily display the battery history in the device string.

Steve

Comment

Each device has a history button to temporarily display the battery history in the device string.

Steve
                                duh :-)

here's one device. very weird.
                                Entryway Vents Vent
                                4/30/2017 8:56 AM: 75% 72.0% per day
                                4/30/2017 7:56 AM: 78% 0.0% per day
                                4/29/2017 4:56 PM: 75% 7.2% per day
                                4/29/2017 6:56 AM: 78% 0.0% per day
                                4/29/2017 12:56 AM: 75% 36.0% per day
                                4/28/2017 10:56 PM: 78% 0.0% per day
                                4/28/2017 7:56 PM: 75% 5.1% per day
                                4/28/2017 5:56 AM: 78% 0.0% per day