Plugin Crashing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Plugin Crashing

I've been running fine for a couple of weeks with Backitude and EgiGeoZone. For whatever reason now, when I exit the first fence I have setup in EgiGeoZone the plugin will crash. (this also makes other plugins 'hang' but they do not report errors themselves in the log)

On my homeseer pc I get the HSPI_PHLocation has stopped working dialogue box and in the logs I always see these two msgs together (repeating)

Code:
    Jun-20 8:12:39 PM	 	ErrorCalling HSEvent in plugin PHLocation, Instance :Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
    Jun-20 8:12:09 PM	 	Warning	Plugin PHLocation is not responding but it is still running, not restarting yet.
    I set debug 1 today and the last PHLocation event is the (ProcessAnyFenceNear) in the EgiGeoZone section. Note, I'm not sure that device ever updates correctly. I did initially have a fence setup in the EgiGeoZone app that did have a refID in HS3. I deleted the fence in the app and the device in hs3. I'm not sure if that caused any issues. It seems like I did that several days before this just started happening the last two days. The plugin is fine until I cross that first fence leaving the house.

I would assume it is related to the the GeoZone setup. What is the best way to delete clean and start that User/Device again? I notice that in the Advanced tab where it list the associated devices it still shows the (Not Found=refID of that deleted fence). I rebuilt the child devices but that did not remove the Not Found refID.

Originally posted by tamu View Post
    I've been running fine for a couple of weeks with Backitude and EgiGeoZone. For whatever reason now, when I exit the first fence I have setup in EgiGeoZone the plugin will crash. (this also makes other plugins 'hang' but they do not report errors themselves in the log)

On my homeseer pc I get the HSPI_PHLocation has stopped working dialogue box and in the logs I always see these two msgs together (repeating)

Code:
    Jun-20 8:12:39 PM	 	ErrorCalling HSEvent in plugin PHLocation, Instance :Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
    Jun-20 8:12:09 PM	 	Warning	Plugin PHLocation is not responding but it is still running, not restarting yet.
    I set debug 1 today and the last PHLocation event is the (ProcessAnyFenceNear) in the EgiGeoZone section. Note, I'm not sure that device ever updates correctly. I did initially have a fence setup in the EgiGeoZone app that did have a refID in HS3. I deleted the fence in the app and the device in hs3. I'm not sure if that caused any issues. It seems like I did that several days before this just started happening the last two days. The plugin is fine until I cross that first fence leaving the house.

I would assume it is related to the the GeoZone setup. What is the best way to delete clean and start that User/Device again? I notice that in the Advanced tab where it list the associated devices it still shows the (Not Found=refID of that deleted fence). I rebuilt the child devices but that did not remove the Not Found refID.
    Can you tell me:
    1. What OS is your HS3 running on?
    2. What version of the plug-in are you running?

Can you also set debug level to 2, then disable and re-enable the plug-in.
    Once the plug-in has re-started you will see a load of HS3 log entries from the startup procedure.

Can you email me all the log entries between the lines

(Startup) Begins at
    and
    (Startup) Finished at

Paul..

Comment

Windows 7 64-bit
      Plug-in version is: 3.0.1.90

Log Sent.

I disabled my HS events based on fencing. I will test exiting the fence with no HS Events firing.

Comment

Inside the EgiGeoZone app I disabled the fences. The plugin did not crash this time. For some reason the fence update coming is causing this issue.

Is the best option to just delete any device referencing EG and try and re-add? I would to prefer to not have to remove all the other PHL devices that are already created.

Comment

Working...
        X