Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Same problems...

Hi,

I have a UPS APC pro1500, with USB, and i have the same problems.
    I use HomeSeer 2.5.060, and windows XP pro.

there is only possibility to use com ports with windows, why ?

There is no other software for this UPS, only drivers.

In the windows device manager, there is the Battery, and the HID UPS...

But it's impossible to run the windows service.

Can you explain me how to works an USB UPS please ?

Thanks.

Steph.

Comment

Someone for help me?

Nobody for help me?
      Nobody with the same problem ?

Comment

Wish I could help...However, this is the problem I have with my Tripplite UPS. Furthermore, I am now running Windows 2003 Server and see the same issue as previous. I suppose I'm good for a new UPS at this point now. Saying all of that, I would like to know the supported UPS under Win/XP/2K3 which will work.

Rob
        HS3PRO 3.0.0.500 as a Fire Daemon service, Windows 2016 Server Std Intel Core i5 PC HTPC Slim SFF 4GB, 120GB SSD drive, WLG800, RFXCom, TI103,NetCam, UltraNetcam3, BLBackup, CurrentCost 3P Rain8Net, MCsSprinker, HSTouch, Ademco Security plugin/AD2USB, JowiHue, various Oregon Scientific temp/humidity sensors, Z-Net, Zsmoke, Aeron Labs micro switches, Amazon Echo Dots, WS+, WD+ ... on and on.

Comment

BLUPS not working, a little help maybe!

Hi all, have now found an alternative plugin that works for me! If you have a Belkin model, mine is both USB and serial and only worked on USB, checkout Jon00 plugin this I installed and it worked on the first go, much joy!
          OK what I found out while I was installing Jon00's plugin was that windows actually asked for a driver "hidbatt.sys as it was obviously is not installed on hometroller S1. I am not sure if this will help anyone but guess it might be worth a try. Anyway best of luck to those of you trying to get this to work.
          Peter

Comment

Comment

I had the same problem with my APC USB UPS in that Windows XP would not recognize it properly and therefore the plugin could not see it. I tried various other plugins and software and could get none of them to work except the script here: http://board.homeseer.com/showthread.php?t=126179 with the apcupsd software.

Cheers
              Al
              HS 4.2.8.0: 2134 Devices 1252 Events
              Z-Wave 3.0.10.0: 133 Nodes on one Z-Net

Comment

On Windows XP SP3 with APC UPS USB, I use now for 2 years pjcUPSMonitor pluging which works great. Hope it will work with HS3...

Comment

Hope this might help!

Although I am now not using this plugin, I found that extra files are needed to get jon00 Belkin UPS plugin which I am using, the extra files that I needed are hidbatt.sys compbatt.sys and battc.sys. these are not installed on hometroller s1 (Windows XPe) not sure about other models but hope it might be an issue with this plugin as well as Jon00's. Best of luck with the plugin and perhaps if this is successful someone might post here to help others.
                  Regards Peter

Comment

issue resolved

Originally posted by Blade View Post
                    The plugin only supports a USB UPS.
                    You must not install and UPS software and allow windows to control it.
                    I am using a windows call to get the info.
                    I was trying to use the BLUPS plugin on win7 with a CyberPower UPS that has both USB and serial. I was using the USB connection, but had the same issue as the original post of only getting partial data. Per Blade's suggestion, I uninstalled the software provided by CyberPower and the plugin began working instantly.

Comment

I also struggled with this for a while on Windows Server 2008 R2. At first I thought it was something to do with the server version of Windows. However, I discovered that even after uninstalling the APC PowerChute Personal software, the APC drivers remained installed. To verify this you can go to device manager and expand Battery. If you see "APC UPS" or similar then you have to right click and uninstall... the key here is to tick the box that says "delete the drivers for this device" (or similar - I can't remember the exact wording).

Once that is done, click on Action and "Scan for hardware changes". You should see HID UPS Battery show up. From there you can stop and start HomeSeer and it should work.

I'm not sure if BLUPS uses the Windows Management Interface (WMI), but I was not able to get BLUPS to work until I could see the battery status in WMI. I downloaded WMIExplorer (Google it), search for W32_Battery and see if you can read the status from it. If so, then perhaps BLUPS will work (especially if it uses WMI).

So, to summarize: make 100% sure that you UPS manufacturer's drivers are uninstalled and hope that your UPS is supported natively in Windows.

Sunil

Comment

Cyberpower UPS

I too have a cyberpower ups. Just loading up this plugin today to see what it will do, and fwiw I did have to uninstall (disabling would prolly work too) the cyberpower app to get this to work.

"Life Remaining" is set to N/A. Not sure how that gets updated or maybe it's device dependent?
                        Regards,
                        Michael

HS3, W10 Home, HSTouch, W800, Z-Stick+

Comment

Originally posted by Fuddy View Post
                          I too have a cyberpower ups. Just loading up this plugin today to see what it will do, and fwiw I did have to uninstall (disabling would prolly work too) the cyberpower app to get this to work.

"Life Remaining" is set to N/A. Not sure how that gets updated or maybe it's device dependent?
                          Which model do you have?
                          HS3PRO 3.0.0.500 as a Fire Daemon service, Windows 2016 Server Std Intel Core i5 PC HTPC Slim SFF 4GB, 120GB SSD drive, WLG800, RFXCom, TI103,NetCam, UltraNetcam3, BLBackup, CurrentCost 3P Rain8Net, MCsSprinker, HSTouch, Ademco Security plugin/AD2USB, JowiHue, various Oregon Scientific temp/humidity sensors, Z-Net, Zsmoke, Aeron Labs micro switches, Amazon Echo Dots, WS+, WD+ ... on and on.

Comment

Originally posted by langenet View Post
                            Which model do you have?
                            825AVR
                            Regards,
                            Michael

Comment

Originally posted by Fuddy View Post

I believe this gets updated with minutes remaining once there is a power failure.

I just hooked up my CyberPower UPS today as well and it works well with the plugin, except the "Power Status" device has a Device String of "Not Set" even though the Device Value (and subsequently the image) are correct. The device value says "On AC Power" when plugged in, but the device string never changes from Not Set.

This is with HS3

Comment

Originally posted by scott12v View Post
                                I believe this gets updated with minutes remaining once there is a power failure.

I just hooked up my CyberPower UPS today as well and it works well with the plugin, except the "Power Status" device has a Device String of "Not Set" even though the Device Value (and subsequently the image) are correct. The device value says "On AC Power" when plugged in, but the device string never changes from Not Set.

This is with HS3
                                Ditto. Just installed 2.0.7. With 2.0.6 status was "On A/C power".
                                Regards,
                                Michael

Comment

Working...
                                X