Error accessing plug-in: Could not find Plugin

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Error accessing plug-in: Could not find Plugin

I've written a small plug-in. It works fine on my dev PC - Homeseer sees it and loads it just fine.

Just tried to move it across to my "real" HS Server (by simply copying the hspi_XXXX.ocx file to the HomeSeer directory. Homeseer starts OK, and when I go to the Interfaces Option - the plugin appears in the drop-down list. However when I select IT, I get the above Error.

Anybody any ideas ?

Ta

Deano

Do you have the following code in your plugin?

Const IFACE_NAME = "YourPluginNameHere"

Public Function name() As String
    name = IFACE_NAME
    End Function

-Rupp
    💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

His name() function appears to be functioning since that's where the pulldown list text is populated from. I also assume the OCX is registered properly since it is being 'created' in order to call the name() function. Does your plugin require any support files that might be missing? (i.e. config files)?

-Nitrox

Comment

Yep the name functions exists as per the example.

Its uses the MSComm control - but I assumed that would be present on my other box - I'll copy the file over and see if it makes a diff.

Thanks for the pointers so far,

Deano

Comment

MSComm32.ocx was there, but a different version. I temporarily removed it and copied my version in - but no difference.

Plugin reads&writes with the hs. ini routines so uses the homeseer.ini file - so thats definately there.

Target HS machines was a slighyl older version than dev (1.6.41 vs 1.6.43) but have now updated to 1.6.59 and its made no difference.

???

Deano

Comment

When you swapped out MSComm did you unreg the old one first and then reg the new one?

-Nitrox

Comment

Errrr No I didn't - but they're swopped back now.

There was a message in the log. Some code in the plug-in init routine was screwing up. Not sure why it was only on the real box - maybe I changed something after initially installing on the dev box.

Anyway fixed now.

Many Thanks !

Deano

Comment

Working...
              X