cant get z-net to bind a switch

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

cant get z-net to bind a switch

ok so I'm very new to the process and followed the instructions in the box, then searched the forums and I'm stumped...

so my z-troller, you just unplugged it, carried it to the new device, hit add and tapped the button and viola...

so I guess I need to understand if my new thought on how this works is correct first. Do you need to have the z-net brought up to the new device you wish to add like you did with the z-troller or can you bind with it still in its original location using z-tool?

so this is what I did.
    1. backup z-troller
    2. delete z-troller
    3. setup z-stat
    4. restore zwave to z-stat
    5. 2 optimize network no route change

all good...
    then I unplugged it from the kitchen and moved it to the basement.
    powered on and IP changed.. UGHHHH

had to go into HS and change it but got that going.

My plan is for the z-net to be wired. Am I correct to say that I need wifi to include new devices if I need to cary this to the new device?

so long story short.. where do I go from here???
    how do I get my 2 ZOOZ Zen23 switches integrated?

I know the instructions on the switches is put your device in bind then tap switch up 3 times fast and done...
    Attached Files
    HW - i5 4570T @2.9ghz runs @11w | 8gb ram | 128gb ssd OS - Win10 x64

HS - HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.435

Plugins - BLRF 2.0.94.0 | Concord 4 3.1.13.10 | HSBuddy 3.9.605.5 | HSTouch Server 3.0.0.68 | RFXCOM 30.0.0.36 | X10 3.0.0.36 | Z-Wave 3.0.1.190

Hardware - EdgePort/4 DB9 Serial | RFXCOM 433MHz USB Transceiver | Superbus 2000 for Concord 4 | TI103 X-10 Interface | WGL Designs W800 RF | Z-Net Z-Wave Interface

we also had a power outage today and I believe it took one of my GE zwave switches out... funny it replies to test node in z-seer; however, on time test it fails.. at switch you cant turn the lights on... grrrrr

I told the wife I'm planning on buying 4 switches a month. instead of buying beer each Friday, I'm going to set that money aside and get 4 switches. Get all of my X10 switches out and get Zooz Zen23 (on/off) mostly and Zen24's where I do need dimming... then will get HST decora switches where I can sneak them and wife will a) never see them and b) never need to touch them.

I have some spots.. attic, crawl, side storage, utility room, etc.. places where door sensor and motion control the light...

ive gotta read the documentation on z-seer now...
    Attached Files

Plugins - BLRF 2.0.94.0 | Concord 4 3.1.13.10 | HSBuddy 3.9.605.5 | HSTouch Server 3.0.0.68 | RFXCOM 30.0.0.36 | X10 3.0.0.36 | Z-Wave 3.0.1.190

Hardware - EdgePort/4 DB9 Serial | RFXCOM 433MHz USB Transceiver | Superbus 2000 for Concord 4 | TI103 X-10 Interface | WGL Designs W800 RF | Z-Net Z-Wave Interface

Comment

Try deleting the node before adding it, both using ztool. If the switches are newer, they likely have NWI (network wide inclusion).
      Wifi is not required.
      Forget about zseer until your network is built.

Sent from my Galaxy S7 Edge using Tapatalk
      HS4Pro on a Raspberry Pi4
      54 Z-Wave Nodes / 21 Zigbee Devices / 108 Events / 767 Devices
      Plugins: Z-Wave / Zigbee Plus / EasyTrigger / AK Weather / OMNI

HSTouch Clients: 1 Android

Comment

ok very interesting.. I got them added...

so I guess I answered some of my own questions but I still need to know the CORRECT way to do this or if this weird, keep trying, messy way is the solution...

I left z-net in the basement.
        I then launched Z-Tool
        clicked triple dots at upper left and chose Add Unsecure
        it said activae the add to network so I kept tapping the switch up over and over then it eventually said... node 23 added and then it showed all the info..
        Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by rmasonjr View Post
          Try deleting the node before adding it, both using ztool. If the switches are newer, they likely have NWI (network wide inclusion).
          Wifi is not required.

well I had no clue how to try to delete it before adding it as I didn't know where to start. but figured all that out as I do see I can leave the device be and use z-tool to do it.

so I got them in. Ive gotta find this z-wave module that I use for xmas lights as it is failed in my network.... Also my GE toggle switch died so have to rip it out tomorrow and call GE.. hopefully under warranty as it is not that old.

I'm digging the reports..

also you say...

ummm it is built, at least I have a few items so that is built right?
          Attached Files

Comment

Yep. Looks good. If you have any that can't be reached or controlled, do an optimize. Also, make sure your z-net is mounted vertically to get the best RF range

Comment

Vertically? Which way is up? Lol

I just have it sitting there with led red power light on top

Comment

Http://forums.homeseer.com/showthread.php?t=174228

Comment

I have mine vertical with the light at the bottom. It's centrally located in the house in all 3 dimensions and I have great coverage. It has no problem reaching devices at the far end of the garage which is ~45 feet away through 4 stud walls. Network wide inclusion has been great for me and deleting devices first is definitely something you want to do. The only problem item I have had is the inclusion of Z-wave locks which can be painful to include, especially my older models. Direct proximity to the Z-net for those is a must, whether by bringing the lock to the Z-net or taking the Z-net to the lock on a long Ethernet cable. I also run my Z-net on POE, using a TP-link to micro USB extractor.
                  cheeryfool

Comment

Correction: light is at the top. It's the RJ45 activity lights at the bottom!
                    cheeryfool

Comment

Working...
                    X