No announcement yet.

ADIOcelot Plugin

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My version of the datagrid control is 6/23/1998 on both my xp and w2k computers so it is likely you have the same one. I can give you the source if you are setup for VB and have any interest.

I looked at my xml file and a typical ocelot variable looks like the following with interface being 'applied digital ocelot'. The plugin does look for this to identify its devices, but it also looked for it with v1.7.0. It is the same name used by the HST plugin so it would easy for people to switch back and forth.

I can put some debug code in to see what has changed. Let me know.

<z:row record_type='1' can_dim='False' dc='56' dev_type_string='Interface Variable' hc='[' interface='applied digital ocelot'
    iomisc='' iotype='3' location='ocelot' misc='0' name='channel - count (ir 253 out)' ref='33912' sldim='0' status='17'
    status_support='False' ui_action='' buttons='' values='' zwave_nodeid='0' zwave_nodetype='0' zwave_pollrate='0'
    CS_Status='0' IS_Label='' IS_Ircommand='' IS_Value='0' IS_Image='' IS_Row='' IS_Column='' delete='False' dtmf=''
    eprom_address='' ev_abs_time='0' ev_app_path='' ev_date='' ev_days='0' ev_dimpercent='0' dim_to='False' ev_func='0'
    ev_hc='' ev_mail_message='' ev_mail_subj='' ev_mail_to='' ev_offset='' ev_offset_before='False' ev_time='' ev_trig_dc=''
    ev_trig_func='0' ev_trig_hc='' ev_wav_path='' events='' group='' handled='0' ir='' irmatch='0' mail_attach_path=''
    evmisc='0' misc_actions='' evmisc2='0' evname='' phone_actions='' phone_event='0' phone_line='0' pi_trig_name=''
    pi_trigger='' popfrom='' rec_mins='0' rec_secs='0' relay='' scripts='' sec_action='' sec_trigger='' security_offset='0'
    speak_after_script='' speak_before_script='' speak_device='0' speech='' vcmd='' pi_actions='' cd_condition='0'
    cd_ctype='0' cd_dev_ref='0' cd_time='' cd_orindex='0' cd_plugin='' dev_devid='0' dev_dim_percent='0' dev_dimto='0'
    dev_eprom_address='0' dev_func='0' dev_new_string='' dev_secs_delay='0' setpoint_action='0' tv_daytime='0' tv_daytimerdate='1899-12-30T00:00:00'
    tv_moddev='' tv_modhouse='' tv_nolimit='False' tv_passdev1='' tv_passdev2='' tv_passdev3='' tv_passdev4='' tv_passhouse=''
    tv_status='0' tv_timetype='0' tv_totaltime='0' tv_useddaytime='0' tv_usedtime='0' tv_username='' retrigger_delay='0'
    graphics=''/>

Comment

Interesting - the interface setting is the problem. As I said mine are all set to ''. I manually edited one device to change interface to 'applied digitial ocelot' and started 1.9.4 to check if it saw it. All the devices that are associated with the ocelot were then shown - both housecodes worth. Seems like once it knew the first hosuecode it could find the other. None of the devices for either secu16 unit showed up. Looks like I have some editing ahead of me before I upgrade.

Thanks for the offer of the code but I don't have any VB developement here.

Comment

I saw this on a google search for the data bindings error. MDAC 2.5 or later is also needed. I suspect you have it already if you have any database-related application installed. If not it is an available download from microsoft. With MDAC download I think you also need the jet engine download from the same location.

Microsoft DataGrid Control - Cannot initiate data bindings.
        You may be missing a key file "MSSTDFMT.DLL" download or copy the file in to your System folder or System32 folder (XP). Click Start, select Run, Key in Regsvr32 C:\Windows\System\msstdfmt.dll

With regsvr32 I registered these components: MSBIND.DLL and MSDATGRD.OCX and then the program re-started to work fine.

Comment

I had done some searching and found the connection with MDAC, the solution was the MSSTDFMT.DLL file though. Once I registered that the utility worked. Thanks for searching out the solution.

One thing that I noticed and perhaps pbibm can verify, but I think we didn't pay close enough attention to our results. I believe the weekday is getting set wrong on the ocelot setclock function. When I last messed with it on sunday it was setting the weekday as Monday. I looked back through the log and the last setclock log entry that I have looked to be off by one for the weekday. Cmax, and I assume the ocelot, uses 0-6 for day of week with 0 being sunday

Comment

jsteed. I didnt notice that. I have ocelot based lighting routines that behave differently on the weekends, I should have seen that. However, I will check when I am home later today.

GIve the Michael has given us a couple of versions, I will look tonight, and again tomorrow.

Paul
            Paul

Comment

The date is fine for me. Date and time seem to be working fine. I am using Windows XP home and haven't had to do any of the registrations, fyi.

Paul
              Paul

Comment

I'm really confused now. I checked again and my weekday is off by one. I even redownloaded 1.9.4 in case I had something funny before. I've attached a clipped scrren shot of my cmax screen. The bottom line is the correct date/time. Then I set the clock wrong. The topmost date is after the ocelot clock is set by 1.9.4.

Michael, when you have a chance would it be possible to get a copy that logs some debug information around that area in the code? It must be something strange with my setup but I have not idea what it could be.

thanks
                jim
                Attached Files

Comment

jsteed, fyi, I looked in the same spot you show in your graphic, the CMAX Get Controller Clock under controller utility

Paul
                  Paul

Comment

I'm traveling and do not have the ability to regenerate executable code. I'll be back near the end of the month and can put some log info out for you. You may need to remind again in a few weeks.

Comment

That's fine. There's a couple other things that seem to be a little wonky on it the last couple of days. That'll give me a chance to see what's going on.
                      thanks
                      jim

Comment

Thanks Michael. I appreciate the effort.

Paul
                        Paul

Comment

I can produce a test load for the ADIOcelot plugin if needed. Let me know what info you want logged.

Comment

I think the place to start is to log what's being sent to the ocelot for the setclock command (similar to the log entry before) and the results of what the plugin is seeing as the date and the weekday and anything else you think might be of use.

A couple of notes on the existing version.
                            I've editted my xml file so that the interface is listed properly for the plugin devices. It appears that the interface name for secu16 devices are still case sensitive - "Applied Digital Ocelot" works as the interface name but "applied digital ocelot" doesn't whereas either works for the ocelot devices.

A couple of times while testing I got the entries below in the log. Following that error it did not set the clock. Subsequent setclocks would execute.

1/23/2005 1:51:52 PM~!~ADIOcelot~!~Using Comm Port 2
                            1/23/2005 1:51:52 PM~!~ADIOcelot~!~Found CPU-XA/Ocelot
                            1/23/2005 1:51:53 PM~!~ADIOcelot~!~Ocelot IR size: 1024
                            1/23/2005 1:51:55 PM~!~ADIOcelot~!~Unit found: SECU16 Addr: 1
                            1/23/2005 1:51:55 PM~!~ADIOcelot~!~Unit found: SECU16I Addr: 2
                            1/23/2005 1:51:59 PM~!~ADIOcelot~!~SyncClock Out of stack space

thanks
                            jim

Comment

You put this one here when I wasn't looking. I looked at every evaluation of the interface property and they were all done with lower case comparisions. Perhaps I edited this after the last posting. If this one does not work with mixed case then let me know explicitly as to what is not working. Does not show up as a unit, does not show up in the panel to map to virtual devices, does not transmit / receive to the devices, creates a new house code?

I added the debug statements back in. The weekday function should return 1 to 7 per VB Help. It is not altered prior to the packet going to the clock.

I synchronized on minute 0 rather than 59 since there does not seem to be propogation delays to account for. I also checked for a pending sync request before starting wheels in motion for a new one. This might stop the stack error message, but it is only a guess.
                              Last edited by Michael McSharry; February 3, 2005, 02:54 PM.

Comment

HELP!

I was running v 1.7x of this plug-in and decided I wanted to try the latest... but the new version does not see any of my old devices, if I load the interface it shows no house codes.
                                I tried to go back and HS just hangs when it trys to load the plug-in...

UPDATE: I was able to restore from backups....
                                I found that I am unable to go from 1.7.0 to 1.8.5 or greater
                                The mappings section jsut gets blanked out and the setup shows no house code for everything. I am unable to get it to use my old codes, and changing these would be nothing short of impossible as I have a *TON* of events and triggers based upon these codes and my Ocelot.

I tried every way I can think to copy the old settings to the new, but the plug-in keeps choosing to ignore them...

Here is the new settings.ini
                                PHP Code:
                                [hspi_ocelot]
                                reg_moved=1
                                comport
                                =3
                                poll_interval
                                =2000
                                invert
                                =1
                                log_errors
                                =0
                                log_comms
                                =0
                                first_run
                                =1
                                base_var
                                =91
                                mappings
                                =
                                iniFile=0
                                showInMenu
                                =1
                                Recognition
                                =0
                                IncludeVariables
                                =0
                                IncludeIO
                                =0
                                IncludeIR
                                =0
                                IncludeX10
                                =0
                                IncludeMessages
                                =0
                                SyncMaster
                                =0
                                CMAXFile
                                =C:\Program Files\ADI\ADICON2500\CPUXA.exe
                                X10Xmit
                                =
                                here is my old
                                PHP Code:
                                [hspi_ocelot]
                                reg_moved=1
                                comport
                                =3
                                poll_interval
                                =2000
                                invert
                                =1
                                log_errors
                                =1
                                log_comms
                                =0
                                first_run
                                =1
                                base_var
                                =91
                                mappings
                                =1!11!]!1,2!11!$!1,
                                iniFile=0
                                showInMenu
                                =1
                                Recognition
                                =0
                                IncludeVariables
                                =0
                                IncludeIO
                                =0
                                IncludeIR
                                =0
                                IncludeX10
                                =0
                                IncludeMessages
                                =0
                                SyncMaster
                                =0
                                CMAXFile
                                =C:\Program Files\ADI\ADICON2500\CPUXA.exe
                                X10Xmit
                                =
                                Last edited by ; January 31, 2005, 07:39 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X