www.homeseer.com    

Go Back   HomeSeer Message Board > RFID Plug-ins > RFID Discussion

Old January 2nd, 2011, 03:25 PM
OverSeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seereus View Post
I gotcha, well stated. That does make perfect sense, I do have an SDK folder within the Huper software pack. It's 8 + megs. I wonder if that would be what is needed? I did try the web interface but I kept getting stuck on the password. Every time the frame would refresh I would have to re-enter the username and password. Not fun. I could not find a piece of software or way to get it to save the user/password. Like I said, I worked with several different vendors but this was the first one that really had all the cool features. That is why I was interested in integrating with HS.
If any of the SDK is written in visual basic/vb.net (which is the only language I know really, anything else like C might aswell be greek for all I can understand it) then email me through the board (click under my username > send email) and send me some stuff, I make no promises but i'm always interested in furthering my problem solving abilities
Old January 2nd, 2011, 04:00 PM
OverSeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrhappy View Post
I'm interested in your blinds solution, i've had a project on the backburner for a while involving stepper motors (built a small pic board and a L239D that I intended to control from HS) to control the tilt on a venetian blind tilt in my lounge, its been on the backburner as I don't think there is not enough torque in my motor - are you using any kind of special servo? I did think about using a servo but went the stepper route...
What stepper motor/controller board are you using? Can you provide a link? I have been looking for a stepper motor that I can interface to Homeseer.

Thanks,
Steve Q
Old January 2nd, 2011, 04:10 PM
OverSeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Q View Post
What stepper motor/controller board are you using? Can you provide a link? I have been looking for a stepper motor that I can interface to Homeseer.

Thanks,
Steve Q
Its not what i'd call a direct interface (yet - i'm working on it). The board i've actually got (I had started building my own but this board is in a kit and not very expensive) is this http://www.rapidonline.com/netalogue/specs/13-6016.pdf which I had hoped to get talking to HS via the serial port (that board connects straight to the port), only problem is the bootloader for the PIC Genie does not accept serial outputs on the programming pins which is a problem as I wanted to be able to - I intend to replace the PIC Genie with a PICAXE micro that does talk on the programming lines.

It would entail some basic PIC programming but should be acheiveable to get it talking with HS.

I'm sure however there are boards out there that are USB and can be interfaced a lot easier, I just chose the difficult option...
Old January 2nd, 2011, 05:44 PM
Seer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrhappy View Post
If any of the SDK is written in visual basic/vb.net (which is the only language I know really, anything else like C might aswell be greek for all I can understand it) then email me through the board (click under my username > send email) and send me some stuff, I make no promises but i'm always interested in furthering my problem solving abilities

OK, Thanks. I understand no promises, I just appreciate you taking the time to look at it as well as all the labor you put into the parallax project. I'll split it up and send it out.