Issues Controlling Lights

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Issues Controlling Lights

Bob, having some issues with the plugin and/or the ISY. I am using v 1.0.3 of your plugin and the latest stable 2.8.16 version of the ISY firmware. Basically if I try to turn a device on/off or to a certain % dim it doesn't work. If I toggle status or use a scene to control, it works. Everything seems to work fine when HS first boots, the issue happens after some time. If I reboot HS, the issue is fixed temporarily. If, instead, I reboot the ISY via unplug, replug of the PLM, that does not fix the issue so I believe it is somewhere within the plugin or HS.

Attached is my log set to ALL. I had a light in my kitchen that was on. I tried turning off, then setting dim to 0% with no luck. I then turned off with a toggle and on with a scene. Hope the attached is useful in debuging.

Thanks,

Matt
    Last edited by heatvent; May 28, 2011, 08:21 PM.

Matt,

I'd suspect the plug-in also in that case, but the log only shows one command being sent and that is a button press for the scene on (which worked). I don't see anything in the log for the off, dim 0%, or toggle. So either you didn't include all the log or the plug-in functions were never used by HomeSeer (I suspect the former).

Also, you might want to be careful about posting logs with when using "ALL", it does show your ISY account name and password. In most cases, just using debug is fine for the first step. If I need more details I can always ask.

You can also send the log's via a PM or via email.

Originally posted by heatvent View Post
    Bob, having some issues with the plugin and/or the ISY. I am using v 1.0.3 of your plugin and the latest stable 2.8.16 version of the ISY firmware. Basically if I try to turn a device on/off or to a certain % dim it doesn't work. If I toggle status or use a scene to control, it works. Everything seems to work fine when HS first boots, the issue happens after some time. If I reboot HS, the issue is fixed temporarily. If, instead, I reboot the ISY via unplug, replug of the PLM, that does not fix the issue so I believe it is somewhere within the plugin or HS.

Attached is my log set to ALL. I had a light in my kitchen that was on. I tried turning off, then setting dim to 0% with no luck. I then turned off with a toggle and on with a scene. Hope the attached is useful in debuging.

Thanks,

Matt
    --
    Bob Paauwe
    ISYInsteon Plug-in
    http://www.bobsplace.com/ISYInsteon/

Comment

Thanks Bob. I am thinking it may be HS. I basically cleared the log and then when and tried to operate the devices via the HS webpage. Upon reboot, everything works fine. So maybe HS is not sending the button press to the plugin? Will let you know if it appears again.

Comment

Bob, the issue returned last night. Any way to troubleshoot?

Comment

You could try going into the HomeSeer interface setup and disable (save) and enable (save) the ISY plugin. This will restart the plug-in without restarting HomeSeer.

If it starts working then we know that some of the communication between the plug-in and HomeSeer is getting messed up.

If it doesn't work then I'm going to suspect HomeSeer and not the plug-in

There are two different plug-in functions used to handle button input. The scene on/off and toggle button presses are sent directly to the plug-in and the plug-in is properly handing them. The device on/off/dim commands are first processed by HomeSeer and then sent as X10 type commands to the plug-in. In this case, HomeSeer should be generating a "DeviceControl" log message in addition to the plug-in generated log messages. I didn't see any "DeviceControl" messages in the log above which implies that HomeSeer never handled the button presses.

Another thing you could try is to control the device using the "Control" web page. You should see HomeSeer generating the "DeviceControl" messages when you do this.
          --
          Bob Paauwe
          ISYInsteon Plug-in
          http://www.bobsplace.com/ISYInsteon/

Comment

Bob, I think I tracked down the issue. I also have the CM11a plugin for X10 control and had a device setup in both at A1. HS must have been confused who to send x10 commands to.

Comment

Working...
            X