This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mrhappy View Post
    Just a quick update, things are still progressing very very slowly I am taking a look at things on an as and when basis.

* None of the web pages appear to have been started, could be a fair bit of work to do which as above I do not think I will personally do myself, if anyone else wishes to mess with them and include them they are welcome to. I would personally leave it to HSTouch to control.

* The Media API, I have been testing it this morning on just basic stuff - looks like a good proportion of the status updates work but basic features like play/pause/next/previous track do not appear to work. This could also be a bit of work.

* Track ordering when playing an album, think I have figured out where the problem is and I know how to get the track number from the media but not got a reliable method of actually resorting the media at the minute.
    Thanks for working on this. Given your notes above, would you still agree with Rich's assessment that the plug-in was 90% complete?

I need HSTouch, not the Web page controls. I suspect, but don't know that the majority of the HS2 version were also using HSTouch.

Barry

Comment

Originally posted by lhfarm View Post
      Thanks for working on this. Given your notes above, would you still agree with Rich's assessment that the plug-in was 90% complete?

I need HSTouch, not the Web page controls. I suspect, but don't know that the majority of the HS2 version were also using HSTouch.

Barry
      Going to have to give you a bit of a politicians answer I think - it would be 90% complete if you had written it yourself, that way if the bugs come up you know exactly where to look to fix them. Rich seemed to say that it was done minus testing and bug fixing but unless I am missing it there are things like the web pages still missing (don't get me wrong a lot has been done). I have come into it and need to first find out what the plugin is doing (where it is storing the libraries, how it is building the playlists etc) before I even look at fixing anything. Unfortunately there is scarcely any commenting and there was little if any debug statements to know what the plugin was up to hence why I had to spend time doing that first. I still find it somewhat of a mystery to understand in places, a lot is clearly HS2 code.

I have a couple of weeks off work coming up and if I have not moved into my new house by then I will spend some quality time on it and see how far I get - no promises though.

Comment

Sorry to do this to you guys but I think I will have to call this one, I have looked at this more and the more I look at it the more I can see that I don't have the time to deal with it I am afraid - especially as I won't be using it primarily myself. It is too complex and there is too little information about it for me to complete it.

From what I can see needs doing;

1) Web pages - these have not been started, I suspect that the intention was to simply port the old MediaPlayer.aspx page into this plugin but IMHO it needs a complete new page if you are looking at JQuery. This is days of work for someone like myself.

2) Media API - This is a bit of a mess, it looks like some integration has gone on and some of it does work but if you were example to drop a button on the page with the HSTouch action added to "Music: Next Track" for example then it will not work. This I suspect is a HSTouch issue because if you add the control device action to go to the next track then it will change tracks. The HSTouch side of things is confusing - the API documents say the majority is by devices but then HSTouch seems to let you do other things which appear not to work. This is some work because can't figure out what is the issue of HSTouch and what is the issue with the plugin.

3) Playlist loading - the library loading function does appear to work and I can get the drop down populated, however when it comes to try and play them it fails. Not sure about this one and why.

4) Track order out of sequence - the track number I have managed to extract but not a good way of getting the tracks into the correct order and added to the playlist. Also need to cater for different types of numbers and also tracks in albums that may be missing the odd track number, then need to work out what if the ID3 track number is missing, track '01' vs. '1' etc. Attempts at quick resolutions for this have failed.

5) Cover Art - Removed it from the devices because did not see it belonged in the album device, question is where does it belong for the API. Cannot find any mention of art/album cover in the help or the SDK. Would need an extra device creating if need be although can't remember if HS2 actually used it in the devices or not.

Those are the five real issues I think. My last save today I will include here including a compiled version which fixes the device control issue so some people may at least get some basic functionality if they wanted but pay attention to the above issues at least there may be more.
        Last edited by mrhappy; August 31, 2015, 10:39 AM.

Comment

Thanks for the work that you have done mrhappy. It's really appreciated. In my case I have a backup plan; a disaster management scheme for such an event: I'm just going to throw myself in front of a train.
          Originally posted by rprade
          There is no rhyme or reason to the anarchy a defective Z-Wave device can cause

Comment

Originally posted by S-F View Post
            Thanks for the work that you have done mrhappy. It's really appreciated. In my case I have a backup plan; a disaster management scheme for such an event: I'm just going to throw myself in front of a train.
            S-F Blade made some changes to his plug-in, so I'm using it with HSTouch and it is very close to what I had in the old plug-in. So before you dive in front of the train, check out Blade's plug-in. I think you will be pleasantly surprised. And if it is missing something, Blade has been very accommodating.

Barry

Comment

Originally posted by lhfarm View Post
              S-F Blade made some changes to his plug-in, so I'm using it with HSTouch and it is very close to what I had in the old plug-in. So before you dive in front of the train, check out Blade's plug-in. I think you will be pleasantly surprised. And if it is missing something, Blade has been very accommodating.

Barry

Yesterday was St. Patrick's Day and HomeSeer didn't play me the Clancy brothers! I'm indignant.

What I'm looking for is the ability to play a song or a playlist as an event action. When I tried BLMediaPlayer It was geared 100% to HSTouch so I couldn't do any of those things. I have been watching the threads in that forum and it doesn't appear that he has added this functionality yet. I made a request on his site for this quite a while back. I can't try it again since the trial has expired. I plan to start using it once the functionality I need has been added. I know it will get there eventually, he just hasn't had the time to sort it out yet.
              Originally posted by rprade
              There is no rhyme or reason to the anarchy a defective Z-Wave device can cause

Comment

Originally posted by S-F View Post
                Yesterday was St. Patrick's Day and HomeSeer didn't play me the Clancy brothers! I'm indignant.

What I'm looking for is the ability to play a song or a playlist as an event action. When I tried BLMediaPlayer It was geared 100% to HSTouch so I couldn't do any of those things. I have been watching the threads in that forum and it doesn't appear that he has added this functionality yet. I made a request on his site for this quite a while back. I can't try it again since the trial has expired. I plan to start using it once the functionality I need has been added. I know it will get there eventually, he just hasn't had the time to sort it out yet.
                Funny, I decided I couldn't use Blade's plug-in because it didn't work with HSTouch. He doesn't use it. But when it became clear that HST was going to drop the plug-in, I figured I should give it a try. I used events in HSTouch to play a playlist - I had a button for each list name - until Blade added the ability to use the HSTouch selection list feature. So I know you can start an album or list with an event. There is a "BLMediaPlayer: Player Action" in the action drop-down list. You then select the action, such as "Play Playlist" and then enter the name of the list (there is no drop down with a list of all the playlist names), so you have to manually enter it.

I'd send Blade a note and see if you can get another trial.

Barry

Comment

The latest version has a drop down for playlists as well.
                  https://forums.homeseer.com/forum/de...plifier-plugin

Comment

Working...
                  X