This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Does HomeSeer support RadioRA 2?

I know HomeSeer has a plugin that supports the original RadioRA it's RA-RS232 or Chronos serial interface and that the RadioRA 2 repeater has an RS232 interface in addition to having an ethernet interface but this doesn't really tell me whether the plugin supports RadioRA 2.

(What I want to do is to use HomeSeer and the Sonos plugin to have the Sonos alarm trigger RadioRA to do things, but specifically to raise the integrated Lutron Sivoia blinds when the Sonos music alarm comes on in the morning)

Thanks.
    Last edited by Rupp; May 14, 2012, 07:36 AM.

The RadioRA 2 serial commands are different from the original RadioRA so the current plugin won't work with it.

That being said I have looked at the serial protocol of the RA 2 and it isn't that difficult to interface with, and it's very well documented. You would need to creat a script to interface with the RA 2 controller via the serial port.

I would start with the serial script by Kenm located here:

http://board.homeseer.com/showthread.php?t=130575

and with a bit of work you should be able to get it working

Comment

I have ordered my radioRA 2 System last week. I hope it comes in next week. I have started writing a plugin for RA 2 to interface with HS via the ethernet port but can't do much more till I get the system installed. If I get it working i will let you know.

Comment

I'm planning on it if HS doesn't do one. However, I don't have RadioRA 2 yet. When I first bought HS I thought by the time I needed the plugin it would be out. But seems that won't happen.

Comment

I asked the developers and the response was there are no plans to develop a plugin so I'd say go for it. You may be able to make a bit of cash as well.
          💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Any update?

Is there any update on support for RadioRa 2? I find it hard to believe Homeseer would walk away from this growing segment of the market, as it seems to be a major focus at Lutron. Has anyone written the script on their own?

Comment

I'm interested in this as well. I've been slowly replacing all the switches in my home, starting in areas I know I will not automate and have been using Lutron's products to do so and would like to use their RadioRA products for the automated areas (though may go with with Cooper Aspire RF since they are visually similair to the Lutron Maestro switches I've used so far and I wont have to have a new interface).
              John
              Hardware: i5-6400T w/16GB RAM & SSD w/HS3Pro, Z-Net, Harmony Hub x2, Echo Dot x2, Ocelot
              Plugins: Z-wave, HSTouch, BLBackup, Harmony, GTS CPUXA, UltraMon3, Nest
              HSTouch: Multiple Android Devices; 5 x ToteVision MD-1001 10.1" Win 7 Tablets
              Devices: Cooper RF9501 x4, RF9517 x6, RF9534 x1, RF9540-N x7, RF9542 x1, RF9542-Z x2, RFHDSCG x1, RFWC5 x5; Intermatic HA02 x6; FortrezZ MIMOLite x3; Leviton VRPD3-1LW x4, VRR15-1LZ x6; Nest Tstat & 9x Protects; Dragon PD-100 x3, PA-100 x3

Comment

I asked again and they simply said there's isn't enough demand but there's nothing stopping someone from producing a plugin do work with RadioRA2.

Comment

How about now? Is there a demand now?

It would be nice to have Ra2 and Zwave devices work through HS.
                  I currently have Zwave lighting, but would love to switch over to Ra2. Ra2 dimmers and keypads work great. And they even work great with LED's, which my current dimmers do not.

A Ra2 plug-in would also give me more options to sell to customers if they wanted Ra2 lighting & HVAC along with Zwave locks and sensors. A bit less expensive than going with the big integrated control systems.

Comment

Even less than there was but there's always an opportunity for a plugin developer here:
                    http://store.homeseer.com/store/Home...ode-P1151.aspx

Comment

no dice

the radiora plugin does not support radiora2.

Comment

Originally posted by 987123 View Post
                        the radiora plugin does not support radiora2.
                        That is true but it should be a good set of code to start with.

Comment

I'd be interested in writing a plug-in for RadioRa 2 if there's at least a few people who would be interested in buying it.

I don't have any Lutron devices, though, so I would need someone to help test it unless I buy a few RRA2 switches.

Comment

Originally posted by bphillips View Post
                            I'd be interested in writing a plug-in for RadioRa 2 if there's at least a few people who would be interested in buying it.

I don't have any Lutron devices, though, so I would need someone to help test it unless I buy a few RRA2 switches.
                            I don't have HS or RR2 yet. One of the reasons I joined the forum today was to figure out if there was a way for Homeseer to work with RR2. I'd buy the plug-in but I probably won't install Homeseer until I knew it was working with RR2.

Comment

I would buy a radiora2 plugin.

Comment

Working...
                              X