This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Aprilaire with HS3...?

Any updates? I'm in the same boat, I have a two zone Aprilaire system running HS2 and want to upgrade to HS3 without tearing it out. I use the remote temp sensor of the Aprilaire and don't see that feature in others out there. I'm willing to help financially as well.

Comment

If anyone wants to build a plug-in for Aprilaire, email me directly (mark at homeseer dot com) and I'll put you in touch with the right person at Aprilaire. He will provide you with the API and also with the hardware you need to create the plug-in.
      💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Originally posted by macromark View Post
        If anyone wants to build a plug-in for Aprilaire, email me directly (mark at homeseer dot com) and I'll put you in touch with the right person at Aprilaire. He will provide you with the API and also with the hardware you need to create the plug-in.
        Mark, did anyone take you up on this?

Comment

Did anyone ever get this working in HS3? Glad I ran across this. I was about to go all in on HS but without support for this its a showstopper.

Comment

Did this ever get any traction? Would love to integrate my new aprilaire thermostat with homeseer.

Comment

Originally posted by cjin View Post
              Mark, did anyone take you up on this?
              short answer, no.

The old HS2 source code is available for anyone that wants to take a swing at it. Just let me know...
              💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

I have been told by aprilaire that a plug-in they developed will be available for hs3 in about a week for those interested. They did not tell me if what the cost msy be or if it is going to be free. The plug will work with only the 8800 series home automation thermostats, unfortunately not the 8920w which I know a few of us have. The 8840 is the equivalent to the 8920w. Looking forward to seeing it in action.

Comment

I see it is now available for purchase.

Comment

The Aprilaire plug-in is now available from the updater and store, and it supports the Aprilaire WiFi thermostats models 8810, 8820, 8830 and 8840
                    More information here: https://forums.homeseer.com/forum/th...-in-user-guide

Comment

any word on a possible plug-in for the 8920w??

Comment

Originally posted by jjohnston View Post
                        any word on a possible plug-in for the 8920w??
                        I have just asked Aprilaire, and the 8920w doesn't have automation connection, you would need a 8840.

Comment

Working...
                        X