X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

One of my devices has 2 PLM Group 0 Registration Links

Hi,

Can I delete one of these Group #0 Registration Links? My other devices seem to only have one. I'm not sure it matters much but it caught my eye.

<TABLE cellSpacing=1 cellPadding=0 border=0> <TBODY> <TR> <TD>Link #5</TD> <TD>Switch/Load controls Hallway Ceiling Lights Switch/Load (40.D7.A8)</TD></TR> <TR> <TD>Link #3</TD> <TD>Switch/Load has local control reporting to HomeSeer</TD></TR> <TR> <TD>Link #1</TD> <TD>Switch/Load is controlled by Hallway Ceiling Lights (40.D7.A8) - On Level: 100%, Ramp Rate: .5 Sec.</TD></TR> <TR> <TD>Link #2</TD> <TD>Switch/Load is controlled by HomeSeer using RF PLM Group #0 (i2CS Registration Link) - On Level: 0%, Ramp Rate: .5 Sec.</TD></TR> <TR> <TD>Link #9</TD> <TD>Switch/Load is controlled by HomeSeer using RF PLM Group #0 (i2CS Registration Link) - On Level: 0%, Ramp Rate: .5 Sec.</TD></TR> <TR> <TD>Link #6</TD> <TD>Switch/Load is controlled by HomeSeer using RF PLM Group #10 Registered Group #2 'All Rooms All Off' - On Level: 0%, Ramp Rate: 4 Sec.</TD></TR> <TR> <TD>Link #4</TD> <TD>Switch/Load is controlled by HomeSeer using RF PLM Group #254 (HomeSeer All Devices Group) - On Level: 100%, Ramp Rate: .1 Sec.</TD></TR> <TR> <TD>Link #7</TD> <TD>Switch/Load is controlled by HomeSeer using RF PLM Group #31 Registered Group #7 'Hallway Scene A' - On Level: 50%, Ramp Rate: 2 Sec.</TD></TR> <TR> <TD>Link #8</TD> <TD>Switch/Load is controlled by HomeSeer using RF PLM Group #32 Registered Group #8 'All Rooms All Off' - On Level: 0%, Ramp Rate: 4 Sec.</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

I'm not sure how it happened either.

Thanks for any insight.

Regards,
    Mike
    HS4, Insteon, Z-wave, USB-UIRT, Harmony Hubs, Google Hub/Chromecasts/Speakers, Foscam & Amcrest cameras, EZVIZ DB1 doorbell
    Plugins: BLLAN, BLOccupied, BLUSBUIRT, Chromecast, Harmony Hub, Insteon, Jon00 Homeseer/Echo Skill Helper, Harmony Hub, Jon00 DB Charting, MediaController, NetCAM, PHLocation2, Pushover 3P, weatherXML, Z-wave

yes, you can delete one of the two, i would delete #9.
    Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5
    Hardware: Insteon Serial PLM | AD2USB for Vista Alarm | HAI Omnistat2 | 1-Wire HA7E | RFXrec433 | Dahua Cameras | LiftMaster Internet Gateway | Tuya Smart Plugs
    Plugins: Insteon (mine) | Vista Alarm (mine) | Omnistat 3 | Ultra1Wire3 | RFXCOM | HS MyQ | BLRadar | BLDenon | Tuya | Jon00 Charting | Jon00 Links
    Platform: Windows Server 2022 Standard, i5-12600K/3.7GHz/10 core, 16GB RAM, 500GB SSD

Comment

Thank you for your reply, Mark. I have deleted the later one, #9. Everything seems OK. I decided to re-read device links and settings for some other devices. Nearly all of them have two of these Group #0 Registration Links. I had a PLM die a while back. I tried to do a replace with a flaky, but working PLM, which eventually died. Then I did a replace again with a new PLM. Could that have caused these extra links? Still safe to delete the one with the higher number on any other devices that have two?

Thanks!
      HS4, Insteon, Z-wave, USB-UIRT, Harmony Hubs, Google Hub/Chromecasts/Speakers, Foscam & Amcrest cameras, EZVIZ DB1 doorbell
      Plugins: BLLAN, BLOccupied, BLUSBUIRT, Chromecast, Harmony Hub, Insteon, Jon00 Homeseer/Echo Skill Helper, Harmony Hub, Jon00 DB Charting, MediaController, NetCAM, PHLocation2, Pushover 3P, weatherXML, Z-wave

Comment

Originally posted by mrceolla View Post
        Thank you for your reply, Mark. I have deleted the later one, #9. Everything seems OK. I decided to re-read device links and settings for some other devices. Nearly all of them have two of these Group #0 Registration Links. I had a PLM die a while back. I tried to do a replace with a flaky, but working PLM, which eventually died. Then I did a replace again with a new PLM. Could that have caused these extra links? Still safe to delete the one with the higher number on any other devices that have two?

Thanks!
        ah, that does make a difference. the other links may be to the old PLM.

if the 'reprogram device for homeseer' function keeps recreating the link after you delete it, then delete the other one, and reprogram

typically this link is link #1 because it is the first created when the device is registered.
        Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5
        Hardware: Insteon Serial PLM | AD2USB for Vista Alarm | HAI Omnistat2 | 1-Wire HA7E | RFXrec433 | Dahua Cameras | LiftMaster Internet Gateway | Tuya Smart Plugs
        Plugins: Insteon (mine) | Vista Alarm (mine) | Omnistat 3 | Ultra1Wire3 | RFXCOM | HS MyQ | BLRadar | BLDenon | Tuya | Jon00 Charting | Jon00 Links
        Platform: Windows Server 2022 Standard, i5-12600K/3.7GHz/10 core, 16GB RAM, 500GB SSD

Comment

Dang. That's not what I was hoping to hear. I deleted the later link from several other devices before I decided to ask you about it. What is the purpose of that link? What would I notice not working correctly if I deleted the wrong one? The devices are reporting to, and responding to, HS.

If I run re-program on the devices and it re-creates the 2nd link again, I should then delete just the older/lower-numbered Group #0 Registration link, correct? What is the purpose of the second re-program run?

Thanks,
          Mike

Comment

the plugin writes this required link during registering so the device knows to accept commands from the plm. its a security feature add to the i2cs protocol. this prevents someone from sending cmds to your device from a different plm even if the other plm is plugged into your house.

just figure out which one isn't needed and delete it.

your devices may continue to work (without these links) because of the other links back to the plm but i can't say this will work in all cases.

do a little clean up now and save yourself some grief later.
            Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

Working...
            X