No announcement yet.

Fibaro FGPB-101 "The Button"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The trick to the Fibaro Button is to trigger on ANY change as shown below.

You also have to UNCHECK the "Do not update device last change time
    if device value does not change:" button on the central scene device.

I'm not trying to use the individual button presses. All I'm interested in is ANY press of the button to perform an action.

This is not real clear what HS3 trigger to use. The problem is that the value does not "change" if you press the same number of times as the last time. But of course you want the event to trigger anytime the central scene notification is received.
    Attached Files

Comment

Downgrading my Zwave plugin did not help and also every time I wanted to include/exclude/update associations my webinterface freezes. So I reverted back to the new plugin version.

The thing that did help was adding the button non secure.
      Maybe the rest of you didn't have a problem with this because you added it non secure because you were more than 2 meters away from the zwave controller.

Anyway I got it working now and even after several hours it responds right away.

Comment

This is a test; please ignore

Comment

Originally posted by alan_smithee View Post
          Downgrading my Zwave plugin did not help and also every time I wanted to include/exclude/update associations my webinterface freezes. So I reverted back to the new plugin version.

Maybe the rest of you didn't have a problem with this because you added it non secure because you were more than 2 meters away from the zwave controller.

Anyway I got it working now and even after several hours it responds right away.
          Anybody else have this working properly. I bought the button early on but had the problem of it not responding to the first button press.

Giving it another try. Adding non secure right next to the Z-Net didn't help.

3.0.1.110: Z-Wave
          DSteiNeuro

HS3Pro

MSI Cubi Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-5200U CPU @ 2.20GHz, 2201 Mhz, 2 Core(s), 4 Logical Processor(s) 16GB DDRl RAM

Enabled Plug-Ins
          BLRussound, BLSpeech, HSTouch Server, JowiHue, MyQ, Nest, Rain8, Squeezebox, Ultra1Wire3, UltraGCIR3, Vista Alarm, X10,Z-Wave

Comment

Having the same problem as everyone else except with the new KEYFOB.

The button wont register a second click after the first if given a small wait time between. Can be reset by choose another button but its not idea obviously. Need a way to reset the status after every press. Hopefully someone in homeseer will get on to it. I am patiently waiting.....

Comment

Originally posted by shirec View Post
              The button wont register a second click after the first if given a small wait time between. Can be reset by choose another button but its not idea obviously. Need a way to reset the status after every press. Hopefully someone in homeseer will get on to it. I am patiently waiting.....
              Any updates? I too would like be able to reset the status to "Button Released" every time I let go of the button.
              Dan-O
              HomeSeer contributor since summer 1999, yes 1999!

Comment

Originally posted by alan_smithee View Post

I just bought one of these on Amazon and unable to get it to pair.
                I have tried both secure and unsecure methods with no success.
                Any tips or suggestions?

Comment

Anyone figured out the problem with activating an event when pressing the button once with a fem minutes in between?
                  Pressing once the second time does not change the Central Scene, so no event is triggered.
                  Tried to use the setup as described by DrZWave , but that did not work for me.

Comment

Groot are you relying on 1st association group? The Fibaro switch supports 2nd (On/Off), 3rd (Dimmer), and 4th (Alarm) association as well which are explained in detail in the Fibaro documentation. Also the checkbox in HomeSeer on the device entry to not update the time, when the value of the device did not change on a fresh trigger, might be interfering in your situation.

Comment

"Do not update device last change time if device value does not change:" is untagged on all the devices related to the button.
                      I'm not relying on any associations either. HS3 is set to do everything.

Comment

Z-Wave itself needs association between device and the Z-Wave interface controller you use for HomeSeer, such as SmartStick+.

Sometimes devices are tested in factories, or you might got a refurbished unit, and Z-Wave parameters might not be set to factory defaults, or the factory defaults are exactly why it is not working properly for you. Was just suggesting you might want to verify they are all set correct on the device, as that can be an easy solution to your problem.

Another one is that Fibaro identified an issue, fixed it in a firmware update, but that your device is still running on old firmware.
                        Only problem with Fibaro is that they don't publish the device firmware as individual downloads (at least not since last time I checked). You can sometimes get lucky by contacting their support department, or find somebody with a Fibaro controller, and then updating firmware is an easy process @ https://manuals.fibaro.com/knowledge...ibaro-devices/

Comment

Originally posted by mikedr View Post
                          I'm assuming you're doing this in an event. Make sure you are triggering off of "has been set to" and not "has been changed to."
                          Thank you! Just recieved this device , had to do some headscratching , but with your help it is working now.

Cor

Comment

Originally posted by DrZWave View Post
                            The trick to the Fibaro Button is to trigger on ANY change as shown below.

You also have to UNCHECK the "Do not update device last change time
                            if device value does not change:" button on the central scene device.

I'm not trying to use the individual button presses. All I'm interested in is ANY press of the button to perform an action.

This is not real clear what HS3 trigger to use. The problem is that the value does not "change" if you press the same number of times as the last time. But of course you want the event to trigger anytime the central scene notification is received.
                            This did the trick for me. I included it once, excluded it, factory reset it, included it, failed, included agian, and with your instructions seems to be working now.

I also had to restart the Zwave computer yesterday and again today. I understood yesterday, since it'd been since January. But I was surprised about today.

Hopefully it continues to work and I can move on with my life!

Comment

FIBARO Button is a compact, battery-powered, Z-Wave Plus compatible device. It allows you to control devices through the Z-Wave network and run various scenes defined in FIBARO System. Different actions may be triggered with one to five clicks or by holding the button down. In panic mode, each press of the button results in triggering the FIBARO Alarm. With its small design and wireless communication, the FIBARO Button can be conveniently mounted on any surface and in any position or location at home, e.g. beside the bed or under the desk.

Comment

Working...
                              X