X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

RemoteLinc battery life

Hi,

Maybe that was covered elsewhere. If so, can seems to find it.

Finally 100% moved from HS2 to HS3 (I know I'm late).

I have an old RemoteLinc 2440 on which I only use (2) buttons, once a day when I go to bed. In (3) events watching the On and Off Transmit.

This remote is not part of a Group and is only Linked to HS

Code:
    Link #7	All has local control reporting to HomeSeer
    Link #1	Button 1 has local control reporting to HomeSeer
    Link #2	Button 2 has local control reporting to HomeSeer
    Link #3	Button 3 has local control reporting to HomeSeer
    Link #4	Button 4 has local control reporting to HomeSeer
    Link #5	Button 5 has local control reporting to HomeSeer
    Link #6	Button 6 has local control reporting to HomeSeer
    Before my batteries would last many months. Now they seem to die every 2 weeks.

What has changed since HS2 is that before, the Dual band devices in that room were not really part of any events. However they were linked to the RemoteLinc. With my upgrade to HS3, I deleted the links and now have multiple event switching Insteon devices. I've also made sure that previously linked devices were not showing links to the Remote on their end or Synched with the responder.

I'm assuming that my Dual band capable Insteon device are not RF networking true this battery operated Remote.

Looking for ideas about where to look.

Micheal,

When you press a button on the remotelinc, do you see a lot of flashing afterwards? this typically indicates the remotelinc didn't get a response (from the responder; in your case the plm) and will attempt a retransmit. This will put an extra load on the battery.

Nothing has changed in HS3 related to support for the 2440.

I have a 2440 on the shelf because I never got very good battery life from it using HS2 or HS3. I'm using the new Remotelinc2 now.

Have you tried a factory reset?
    Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5
    Hardware: Insteon Serial PLM | AD2USB for Vista Alarm | HAI Omnistat2 | 1-Wire HA7E | RFXrec433 | Dahua Cameras | LiftMaster Internet Gateway | Tuya Smart Plugs
    Plugins: Insteon (mine) | Vista Alarm (mine) | Omnistat 3 | Ultra1Wire3 | RFXCOM | HS MyQ | BLRadar | BLDenon | Tuya | Jon00 Charting | Jon00 Links
    Platform: Windows Server 2022 Standard, i5-12600K/3.7GHz/10 core, 16GB RAM, 500GB SSD

Comment

Thanks for the prompt reply. I had ran out of triple A cells.

No the LED is not flashing beyond the short press time.

Thanks for confirming there is no change from HS2 to HS3.

Good point for the factory reset. I just did while re-inserted new cells. Time will tell.

Comment

Michel,

Did you end up coming to any conclusions on this?

I've found that one of my RemoteLincs is doing the same thing. Originally, I blamed my 3 year old for pressing the buttons 17,495 times, but it seems that even with the remote out of his reach, my batteries are dying within weeks.

I can't blame HS3 specifically for this; it was working fine for some time.

The other 2440 in our bedroom does not have a similar issue, and we use it daily (sounds like in a similar application to what you're using - to set the house to bedtime mode).

I haven't dug into it anymore (yet). Curious what you've found out.

Comment

Hi mparnell,

Did a factory reset and reprogrammed it for HS with no luck so from there I simply dropped it. Since I also have a Way2Call phone interface, I decided for the moment to trigger my bedtime event using the phone. Went from a single key press to 5 but...

When times allow I will look for a different solution but that old clunky remote will not be part of it.

Glad to read that you are confirming what I had saw since one of your two remote is not affected.

Good luck.

Comment

Working...
          X