This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

'Thermostat for Windows' able to find thermostats

I've been having trouble with a few of my CT-50 thermostats which are in weak wifi locations, and the plugin sometimes loses connection with them. However, it appears that the 'Thermostat for Windows' program is able to find these thermostats, and doing so re-establishes their connection in the plugin.

Here's what I observed: when I start up HS the plugin logs an error saying that there are two thermostats that have been configured but cannot be found. I then shut down HS, and open Thermostat for Windows. TFW finds all of my thermostats, including the two that moments before the plugin was unable to find.

I then shut down TFW and restart HS, and the plugin can now find all five thermostats.

This could obviously be a coincidence - wifi is notoriously variable. And it will be very difficult to test, obviously, since it requires thermostats to go offline and for the operator to notice it, and to go through the process I just described above. But I was wondering whether anyone else had experienced the same thing, and I thought it might lead to some new avenues to explore the 'lost thermostat' issue that seems to be plaguing these CT-50 thermostats when used with the plugin.

Hope this is helpful - love the plugin and think it is great.

And Happy Thanksgiving.
Working...
X