This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Feature request - therm run time

Any thought of adding the amount of run time as a device per thermostat? It looks like you could add that pretty easily and would be a great addition for events and such.
    Last edited by skybolt; January 28, 2013, 11:52 AM. Reason: spelling
    -Skybolt

Feature request - therm run time

Do you mean cumulative heating/cooling time? There are some other plugins that can track that for you already. I'm completely rewriting much of the plugin for HS3 so I will keep this suggestion in mind.
    HS Pro 3.0 | Linux Ubuntu 16.04 x64 virtualized under Proxmox (KVM)
    Hardware: Z-NET - W800 Serial - Digi PortServer TS/8 and TS/16 serial to Ethernet - Insteon PLM - RFXCOM - X10 Wireless
    Plugins: HSTouch iOS and Android, RFXCOM, BlueIris, BLLock, BLDSC, BLRF, Insteon PLM (MNSandler), Device History, Ecobee, BLRing, Kodi, UltraWeatherWU3
    Second home: Zee S2 with Z-Wave, CT101 Z-Wave Thermostat, Aeotec Z-Wave microswitches, HSM200 occupancy sensor, Ecolink Z-Wave door sensors, STI Driveway Monitor interfaced to Zee S2 GPIO pins.

Comment

Here's what I use

Originally posted by skybolt View Post
      Any thought of adding the amount of run time as a device per thermostat? It looks like you could add that pretty easily and would be a great addition for events and such.
      Originally posted by reidfo View Post
      Do you mean cumulative heating/cooling time? There are some other plugins that can track that for you already. I'm completely rewriting much of the plugin for HS3 so I will keep this suggestion in mind.
      Orlando - I've attached the script I use for tracking run times on my BeakerStat. This is a modification to the script found at http://board.homeseer.com/showthread.php?t=112678 ; I have modified it to work with BeakerStat. Just follow the install instructions in the zip file or at the original thread.

FWIW
      Attached Files
      Last edited by spknapp; January 29, 2013, 04:49 PM. Reason: Forgot file
      Steve

(System configuration is in my profile)

Comment

Originally posted by spknapp View Post
        Orlando - I've attached the script I use for tracking run times on my BeakerStat. This is a modification to the script found at http://board.homeseer.com/showthread.php?t=112678 ; I have modified it to work with BeakerStat. Just follow the install instructions in the zip file or at the original thread.

FWIW
        Steve, Thanks for posting this, I will take a look.

Originally posted by reidfo View Post
        Reid, Yes that is exactly what I am looking for. This is a feature I would think would be a basic part of this type of plug-in.

Please don't loose sight of HS2, there will be people that may not upgrade right away or at all until they have to.
        -Skybolt

Comment

Working...
        X