Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

how to program Remotec Z-Wave ZXT-120 IR Extender for Air Conditioners

can anyone help with my ZXT-120
    it does not work with my window AC unit, so I am trying to trying to teach it the command from my remote
    The directions talk about configuring command class

User can follow the gateway UI to implement the learning function, the
    learnt IR code will be stored in a specify control key which contains
    the Mode, Temperature and Fan Speed information.
    Learning example for Key_1:

Mode = COOL
    Temperature = 20C
    Fan Speed = HIGH

I see in the device management under settings that I can set a Parameter Number and Value, but Im confused about the 1-20 in the directions. HomeSeer wants a single number.
    I think that 1-20 would be the different IR commands. But there is no reference that shows anything.
    Here is the PDF Im using from Remotec
    http://www.remotec.com.hk/photos/sof...5_20120810.pdf
    I feel like Im just missing 1 piece to the puzzle.
    Any help would be much appreciated.

I had the same confusion as you when I first set these up- that manual does not have enough information.

Use the updated manual at http://www.remotec.com.hk/photos/sof...0_20120914.pdf

This has a table that shows you how each programmable value will map to an associated temperature etc

Comment

thanks!
      That's worked and made it a lot more clear.
      Still cant work it totally, since you cant program the fan an stuff, but I am playing with it. I found the if I set drypoint command , fan on high.. I can switch from resume last, to drypoint and it goes from Cool to fan..
      I think it is just a matter of teaching it what we want it to do.
      thanks again..!!

Comment

Help with programming

Iv managed to program the basic and get that to work with my ZXT-120.

I Used this one:
        http://www.remotec.com.hk/photos/sof...0_20120914.pdf

Everything on page 15 is programmed and working.

But on page 25-27 there are some more codes. But how do i do those?

All it says is "Command Parameter" "Mode = 3" by example. Im confused on how to program those last there. Please help.

EDIT: I'm also wondering a bit about the Air Condition - Temperature This is just 0. How can i get this to work? and how does this actually work? Cause for now the A/C will work by itself depending on what A/C one have. How can i get my A/C to use other temperatures measurements for it to know when to turn on/off in a way?
        Attached Files
        Last edited by U5tabil; February 3, 2015, 01:49 PM.
        Certified installer for HomeSeer, Control4, KNX and Eaton/xComfort

Comment

Programming

I am trying to program this, I am a little confused when entering the ir code in parameter 27. I have several codes specified for my brand a/c. Do I enter one code number at a time and test each one, or do I enter all of the numbers at once?

Comment

I'm sorry, im not sure. since i had to learn each code for it. But maybe it works the same way?

In parameter 27 i put 000 since that means code learning. for you, maybe you just enter the code there? How many codes do you have, and how do they look?

The way i did it with learning code was this.

By example learning the " 22degree heat".

1. Set parameter to 25, then value 15 and F in the second. Keept the size on auto
            2. Then on controller for a/c i sat it to 22degree heat with the fan mode i wanted.
            3. i then pressed "set" for parameter.
            4. i would then point the controller and after you see the led light go on then off, then i would press the controller. If it was ok it would verify with 2 blink, 6 blink if it failed.

But to be sure check that each one worked, even when it blinked 2 times, saying it was ok it wasnt all the time. Sometimes i needed to do it several times.

And thats it.

BTW here is a link to know what each decimal is. Like 15 gives F etc.
            http://www.binaryhexconverter.com/de...-hex-converter
            Certified installer for HomeSeer, Control4, KNX and Eaton/xComfort

Comment

Working...
            X