Can my phone talk to my HomeTroller?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can my phone talk to my HomeTroller?

Is there a way for my phone (Android with HSTouch) to send a message to my HomeTroller (a Zee S2 with HS3)?

I'm thinking there is, and it's so obvious that I'm missing it.

Along with HSTouch, I also have Pushover and IFTTT. I tried to do this in IFTTT; the action is send a pushover message. But, I have only my phones as recipients -- even tho I have the pushover plugin on my HomeTroller.

Can HomeTroller be a pushover recipient?

It can't be a Pushover recipient but I guess your purpose for this needs to be understood - you could have a text box and a send button in HSTouch and send messages to the HS PC - what's the difference is what do you intend to do with it?

Comment

Originally posted by mrhappy View Post
      It can't be a Pushover recipient but I guess your purpose for this needs to be understood - you could have a text box and a send button in HSTouch and send messages to the HS PC - what's the difference is what do you intend to do with it?
      I thought of a very slick way for my HA system to know if I'm home or away -- keep track of my phone's connection to my LAN. IFTTT can do this easily, and then send a pushover message.

So, a 'send button' probably wouldn't work (should be automatic).

Comment

You're probably not an Android guy, but if you were, couldn't Tasker be used for that very thing? I haven't tried to integrate Tasker to HS yet, but it should work, right?

Comment

Originally posted by MichaelK View Post
          I thought of a very slick way for my HA system to know if I'm home or away -- keep track of my phone's connection to my LAN. IFTTT can do this easily, and then send a pushover message.

So, a 'send button' probably wouldn't work (should be automatic).
          Jon00, UltraJones and Blade all have network monitoring plug-ins that can have a device that tells HomeSeer if a device is connected to your LAN. You would need to assign a static IP to the device.

The problem is that most devices do not remain connected to the LAN when they go to sleep, so you will get false triggers.

By far the most reliable method is a Geo Fencing app on your phone used to report to Paul's PHLocation plug-in, linked below in my signature. This method has been seamless and bulletproof for us in determining whether the house is occupied or not.
          HS4 Pro, 4.2.19.16 Windows 10 pro, Supermicro LP Xeon

Comment

Originally posted by rprade View Post
            Jon00, UltraJones and Blade all have network monitoring plug-ins that can have a device that tells HomeSeer if a device is connected to your LAN. You would need to assign a static IP to the device.

The problem is that most devices do not remain connected to the LAN when they go to sleep, so you will get false triggers.

By far the most reliable method is a Geo Fencing app on your phone used to report to Paul's PHLocation plug-in, linked below in my signature. This method has been seamless and bulletproof for us in determining whether the house is occupied or not.
            Actually, I used BLLAN for a while, but removed it. Even the computer I used to access HomeTroller would be shown as 'offline' (I mean after being on all day).

I've heard that some routers s/w (e.g. dd-wrt) can do stuff like this. I would like to get another router; I could check out my options.

I didn't really seriously consider geofencing -- I guess I'll look into that.

NickTheGreat:
            Did you miss, in the opening post, where I stated that I have an Android phone? And, yes, I've heard of Tasker. I was considering it.

Comment

Working...
            X