Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

MeiHarmonyHub version 3.0.3.12 (beta) is now available!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

MeiHarmonyHub version 3.0.3.12 (beta) is now available!

MeiHarmonyHub v3.0.3.12 is now available in the HomeSeer store and in the updater (Beta Section)!

The following are included:
    • Added debug code around connection code to try and prevent plugin crashes.
    • Fixed a bug where trying to reconnect too fast can cause a connection failure reconnect loop. The plugin will now wait 10 seconds if it detects this scenario (this time span may change in the future).
    • Fixed a potential bug when the plugin attempts to sync the activities and devices and the plugin is not connected.

*This was released as 3.0.3.11, but I forgot to update the plugin's version in the exe file so it was reporting as 3.0.3.10. .12's only update over .11 was the changing of the version to .12 from .10.

Please see the full descriptions here:
    https://forums.homeseer.com/showthread.php?t=194095

Release notes Here:
    https://forums.homeseer.com/showthread.php?t=194096

Request new Features Here:
    https://forums.homeseer.com/showthread.php?t=194097
    Last edited by sirmeili; May 11, 2018, 09:40 PM.

I don't want to speak too soon but plugin has been working for over 24 hours now. Seems to disconnect and reconnect from buttons in device manager screen very well. I am away from home and tried manually disconnecting and the status said it did. Then I tried connecting manually several times and didn't connect. Then it automatically connected. Would this be normal operation? Seems encouraging and no software crashes. Let me know what you think about the connection/disconnect process and how is it supposed to work?

Comment

Originally posted by Rick Bonari View Post
      I don't want to speak too soon but plugin has been working for over 24 hours now. Seems to disconnect and reconnect from buttons in device manager screen very well. I am away from home and tried manually disconnecting and the status said it did. Then I tried connecting manually several times and didn't connect. Then it automatically connected. Would this be normal operation? Seems encouraging and no software crashes. Let me know what you think about the connection/disconnect process and how is it supposed to work?
      Normally I would not use the connect/disconnect buttons. They are only there for convenience, but I have noticed that they can fall out of sync (I have been actively working on that behind the scenes, but it's a lower priority item compared to the crashes you and one other have experienced).

The only time I might use the disconnect and connect buttons is if you know you want to take the hub offline for a while, however, in that case, I would actually recommend using the "enable" checkbox in the settings as it will prevent the hub from connecting after a plugin or homeseer restart.

I'm glad it's working so far, but I am still doing my tests. I did make one change that I think could have caused the crashes, but it was a long shot.

Please let me know if you have any more issues and if you do, please try and capture them in a debug log. For now though, I would disable debug logging unless you have any more issues (then enable debugging and try and recreate the issue).

Comment

Frank,

With this build I haven't experienced a crash. However, after a while, hub beginning with 9695 will disconnect and no longer receive commands. If I use device management and disconnect and then connect, commands are executed again.

The log is too large to post here. Do you have a means to receive it?

Thanks,
        Last edited by Rvtravlr; May 16, 2018, 09:50 PM.
        Michael

Comment

Originally posted by Rvtravlr View Post
          Frank,

With this build I haven't experienced a crash. However, after a while, hub beginning with 9695 will disconnect and no longer receive commands. If I use device management and disconnect and then connect, commands are executed again.

The log is too large to post here. Do you have a means to receive it?

Thanks,
          What I see in the log is it disconnecting and then not reconnecting because the hub is refusing the connection, but then connecting again about 1 minute later.

I don't see any attempts to connect after that nor attempting to send commands that I noticed (the bulk of the logs are heartbeat requests).

Towards the end the heartbeats due fail, but it appears to reconnect just fine. Can you try and reproduce and then try sending some commands? They should show up in the log.

Comment

Well I guess I spoke too soon again!!!! The plugin was working great for several days. The plugin disconnected and would not reconnect. Had to disable plugin in plugin manage page and then reenable plugin in same. Checked debug in settings for the plugin and will try and capture error for you. It is running more reliable in this version than before for sure and when it works it works great until plugin disconnects from hub. Maybe some setting in plugin software needs tweaking? Let me know your thoughts on this? Rick

Comment

Well I guess I spoke too soon again!!!! The plugin was working great for several days. The plugin disconnected and would not reconnect. Had to disable plugin in plugin manage page and then reenable plugin in same. Checked debug in settings for the plugin and will try and capture error for you. It is running more reliable in this version than before for sure and when it works it works great until plugin disconnects from hub. Maybe some setting in plugin software needs tweaking? Let me know your thoughts on this? Rick
              I, too, have found that occasionally this plugin disconnects from the Harmony Hub. The plugin still reports "connected", though. The only way to reconnect is restart the plugin. It is relatively rare, but definitely occurring. I only find out it's happened when events don't trigger on activity start/stop. It occurs rarely enough that it would be difficult to run a debug log (log would be huge). If the PI reported "disconnected" when it was actually disconnected it would be helpful. That way I could trigger a PI restart with the Jon00 script.

Ben

Comment

WEll, the plugin is supposed to report disconnected or in the case of a forceful disconnect (one you did not do manually like a connection failure) it should say "forcefully disconnected". I have not been able to reproduce it not setting the device to the correct status on a regular basis and have not had it happen in a very long time. I will try some more debugging and testing on my end to see if I can figure it out. I believe it happens when 2 failures (on the same hub since they are asynchronous) happen at the same time or just right after each other.

Maybe if I added an option to only log the disconnects and areas around it would make getting the debug logs easier (That way they could run for long periods of time without creating a huge log file)?

Comment

Originally posted by sirmeili View Post
                  Maybe if I added an option to only log the disconnects and areas around it would make getting the debug logs easier (That way they could run for long periods of time without creating a huge log file)?
                  That sounds like a reasonable way to debug.

Could it be the PI is crashing and that's why it's not reporting forcefully disconnected or responding to the connect/disconnect buttons? Hence, the need to stop and restart....?

B

Comment

You can easily check if the pugin is still running by checking the machine's task manager and see if it's still in there. However, in my experience, HS doesn't report a plugin as running if it's crashed.

I have code to prevent the plugin from trying to connect to a client that is already connected, it is likely this code that is preventing it from re-connecting. It thinks it's still connected when it's not.

I will revisit that code and see about adding an option to only debug connect/disconnects for long term debugging of that area.

Comment

Please see my previous thread titled "Lattest Version of Plug-In?". I have included some comments on lattest beta plug-in and a log file for you to take a look at. I Will be purchasing your plug-in as it seems to be working well especially when it stays connected. I think the connection failure I experienced is the same that the other user has posted in this thread. Again, see my other thread for comments and log file. Should have included them in this thread. Thanks again....Rick

Comment

I had another disconnect today where the device management screens said it was connected but yet could not execute any commands. It is like the plug-in freezes. After about a half hour or so it actually did reconnect again but took quite a while. I have included the log file for today so it should have caught the error. It seems that after a day or so it has a major freeze up where it says it is connected but no response to commands. Then after about a half hour or and hour it decided to start working again. Hopefully the log file should maybe help out in your debug process. I went ahead and purchased the plug-in because when it works it works good. Worse comes to worse I can go into plug-in manager and disable and re-enable the plug-in and it starts up again just fine. I checked the connect light on the hub and it was green at the time of plug-in lockup. Let me know what you find out from the log files. I sent you another log file from yesterday in a different thread that I mentioned above. Thanks again.....Rick
                        Attached Files
                        Last edited by Rick Bonari; May 23, 2018, 09:29 PM. Reason: Additional Information

Comment

Thanks for the logs. I promise I will look at them. It's the last week of school here so it's been hectic (esp. since my wife is a teacher). I'll hopefully have some retune tomorrow night or the next night.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Comment

It just seems to keep getting worse. Today the plug-in crashed and caused a windows error where it said plug-in had stopped working. Noticed also that it messed up the operation of the Homeseer Software. It seems that the longer the plug-in runs the worse it gets? Any thoughts would be much appreciated. I have included another log file for the errors occurring today. Please also see the log files in my posts above. Hope this can be worked out because the way it is working now it isn't much use. Thanks Again.....Rick
                            Attached Files
                            Last edited by Rick Bonari; May 24, 2018, 08:05 PM. Reason: Additional Information

Comment

I had another disconnect today where the device management screens said it was connected but yet could not execute any commands. It is like the plug-in freezes. After about a half hour or so it actually did reconnect again but took quite a while. I have included the log file for today so it should have caught the error. It seems that after a day or so it has a major freeze up where it says it is connected but no response to commands. Then after about a half hour or and hour it decided to start working again. Hopefully the log file should maybe help out in your debug process. I went ahead and purchased the plug-in because when it works it works good. Worse comes to worse I can go into plug-in manager and disable and re-enable the plug-in and it starts up again just fine. I checked the connect light on the hub and it was green at the time of plug-in lockup. Let me know what you find out from the log files. I sent you another log file from yesterday in a different thread that I mentioned above. Thanks again.....Rick
                              For this log, do you know what time it didn't work for the 1/2 hour? I see it connected just fine. I do see some times where the plugin disconnects and after 3 attempts it connects. The first two attempts are always when the hub doesn't respond.

Besides that, I see active heartbeats always going out. If you can point to a time where it said the plugin was connected but commands are not going out, I can see if there is an issue with queue code for sending commands as that is another possibility for this issue.

Comment

Working...
                              X