Introducing HS3-Pi

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Introducing HS3-Pi

HomeSeer is happy to announce the release of HS3-Pi. This new version is specifically designed to run on the Raspberry Pi computer and will support the following technologies:
    • Z-Wave (via Aeon Labs Z-Stick or Z-Wave.Me daughter card)
    • Insteon (via Smarthome 2413U PLM)
    • X10 (via CM11, CM15 or TI103)

HS3-Pi also includes HSTouch Server with free mobile apps for Android, Apple, Linux and Windows clients.

HS3-Pi is available for purchase in the HomeSeer online store for $124.95. The software image includes Linux and is ready for download now.

The Install guide is available here.
    💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Cool... but when will other plugins be available on HS3-Pi and the Zee?
    HSPro 3.0.0.458, Z-NET with Z-wave plugin 3.0.1.190, RFXCOM + 2x RFXtrx433E, HSTouch, Squeezebox plugin, iTach IP/WF2IR & GC-100-6 with UltraGCIR, BLDenon, NetcamStudio, Jon00s Webpage builder, Harmony Hub plugin, SCSIP (with FreePBX), Arduino plugin, IFTTT, Pushalot plugin, Device History plugin.
    Running on Windows 10 (64) virtualized
    on ESXi (Fujitsu Primergy TX150 S8).
    WinSeer (for Win10) - TextSeer - FitbitSeer - HSPI_MoskusSample

Are you Norwegian (or Scandinavian) and getting started with HomeSeer? Read the "HomeSeer School"!

Comment

Originally posted by Moskus View Post
      Cool... but when will other plugins be available on HS3-Pi and the Zee?
      Which ones (specifically)?

Comment

Rfxcom would allow me to complete my migration from hs2 to hs3.
        WeatherXML would be a nice to have, but not a show-stopper.

Sent from my SCH-R970X using Tapatalk
        HS4Pro on a Raspberry Pi4
        54 Z-Wave Nodes / 21 Zigbee Devices / 108 Events / 767 Devices
        Plugins: Z-Wave / Zigbee Plus / EasyTrigger / AK Weather / OMNI

HSTouch Clients: 1 Android

Comment

Allowing remote plugins to connect to the Pi/Zee would be a big plus IMO.
          Jon

Comment

Mark
            Can we write our own DLL plugins for the hs3-pi/zee and it be picked up automatically by HS3?

Can the hs3-pi/zee accept remote plugin connections?

Thanks

Comment

If we already have HS3 PRO do we get a license for HS3PI?

Comment

Originally posted by macromark View Post
                Which ones (specifically)?
                Well... RFXCOM, Arduino and IFTTT are the first that springs to mind.

I would love to get my own plugins on Linux, but I'm not setting up a Linux version of HS3 just to test them when I have a Zee.
                HSPro 3.0.0.458, Z-NET with Z-wave plugin 3.0.1.190, RFXCOM + 2x RFXtrx433E, HSTouch, Squeezebox plugin, iTach IP/WF2IR & GC-100-6 with UltraGCIR, BLDenon, NetcamStudio, Jon00s Webpage builder, Harmony Hub plugin, SCSIP (with FreePBX), Arduino plugin, IFTTT, Pushalot plugin, Device History plugin.

Are you Norwegian (or Scandinavian) and getting started with HomeSeer? Read the "HomeSeer School"!

Comment

Originally posted by rmasonjr View Post
                  Mark
                  Can we write our own DLL plugins for the hs3-pi/zee and it be picked up automatically by HS3?

Can the hs3-pi/zee accept remote plugin connections?

Thanks
                  No not at the moment, see the second post.

Comment

Originally posted by kideon View Post
                    If we already have HS3 PRO do we get a license for HS3PI?
                    Your HS3PRO license will also work with the HS3PRO Linux version of the software. HS3-Pi is not the same software and uses different licensing.

Comment

The Raspberry Pi B+ model was just released as well

I may have to try this out

How would I hook up serial devices to the Pi (z-troller, netcallerid, W800, etc)
                      Cheers,
                      Bob
                      Web site | Help Desk | Feature Requests | Message Board

Comment

Originally posted by Blade View Post
                        The Raspberry Pi B+ model was just released as well

I may have to try this out

How would I hook up serial devices to the Pi (z-troller, netcallerid, W800, etc)
                        You would need to use USB-Serial adaptors however the stumbling block would be that the Pi image does not support third party plugins. The GPIO on the board also has a serial UART you can use but it would need RS232 conversion if you wanted to use it.

Comment

Yeah, I'm still waiting on an answer from HST on remote plugins for the Pi. Nothing yet.

The B+ would definitely get you more devices to connect, but if there are no plugins, then there's not much else to do with it

Comment

Originally posted by Moskus
                            BUT I ALREADY OWN A ZEE!
                            ... I want plugins on it. And I want to recommend it to others.
                            A Zee is a Pi with a stripped down version of HS3 Linux pre-installed
                            According to your signature you already own a HS3 Pro license, so you could install HS3 Linux on your Zee at no additional cost.

Comment

This is not to get at anyone but I don't understand all the complaints about the Zee and HS3-PI not running plugins. My understanding is that the HS3-PI software is sold as a 'lite' version of HS3 and it is priced accordingly. If it had full functionality it wouldn't be cut priced. My only question is why there isn't a similar 'lite' version of HS3 for windows? A lot of people don't need more than the basic plugins and a cheaper entry version that runs on the PC they already have might bring more users to Homeseer.
                              If you want to run full HS3 (linux) on the PI with plugins then do. Some of us have, and it works. Run a trial version to start with, test it out with the plugins you want to use and let the forum know how you get on. The more people try the more we all benefit. Just make sure you have at least mono 3.2.8. but that's the default install on the PI now anyway.
                              There are some hardware issues with the PI, its only a 30 quid computer after all, don't blame HS for those. The B+ should be an improvement as they have addressed some of the power issues which should cure the hot swapping usb problem. It will never be blindingly fast but it works surprisingly well for it's limited hardware and the power consumption is almost negligibly. It's worth noting that there are several other similar boards to the PI with varying capabilities. It would be great to see people experiment with some of these.
                              The PI is designed to be played with. The OS and software is all on an SD card so you can configure different versions and swap between them. If you already have a Zee just configure a new card with HS3 and you can swap back to the Zee when you have finished playing. You can even copy your databases so you don't have to set eveything up from scratch.
                              If you want to give it a try search the forums and ask there are always people ready to help.
                              That's my 2 penneth for what its worth.
                              Steve

Comment

Working...
                              X