Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Support for Aoetec Aeon Labs Siren - Solved!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yes, you are correct, but EU freq only I believe.

Originally posted by sooty View Post
    I think you will find that the Z-Wave.me USB stick ZME_UZB1 is available to purchase in Europe.

This device is a generation 5 unit and certified http://products.z-wavealliance.org/products/1147

Paul..
    💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Originally posted by rjh View Post
      Yes, you are correct, but EU freq only I believe.
      Indeed it is. My post was intended as a friendly reminder that there is automation life outside the USA

Paul..

Comment

Can I ask where you got it?
        I got mine from Home Controls (http://www.homecontrols.com/). Go to the bottom of this page: http://aeotec.com/z-wave-siren They are the only US dealer listed for pre-order.

BTW, I just got 2 more multisensors from the HS store..ordered 11/21/2014 7:11:49 AM, came in the mail today (11/22). Damn that's fast shipping!
        Bryan
        Software/Hardware: Win10 Pro, HS 3 Pro, HS Touch, Echo, Edgeport/4, Z-Net w/88 Devices, Insteon PLM w/19 Devices, Nest, GC-100-6, W800RF32A, WS-2080 Weather Station (KMADRACU10)
        Plug-in/Scripts: Alexa API, BLBackup, BLGData, BLLED, BLLock, BLRF, BLTVGuide, Blue Iris, BLUPS, Current Cost 3P, DirectTV, FitbitSeer, Insteon, Nest, Pushover 3P, Random, Restart, Tasker, UltraGCIR3, UltraWeatherWU, Z-Wave

Comment

We are currently in the process of getting our software and controllers certified. However, HS3 currently works fine with series 500 controllers. Note however, there are none on the market as of yet. We will be offering one soon.
          Thanks for the information!
          The z-wave.me usb controller which is z-wave plus certified is available in germany. i will test it next week.

Comment

Note that this version of the siren does not support the different tones, a future version may include this. That is all the information I have.

Comment

Note that this version of the siren does not support the different tones, a future version may include this. That is all the information I have.
              Not sure why you would say that...the website clearly says that it does and so does the manual that it came with.

Last edited by TechHA; November 24, 2014, 09:05 PM.
              Bryan
              Software/Hardware: Win10 Pro, HS 3 Pro, HS Touch, Echo, Edgeport/4, Z-Net w/88 Devices, Insteon PLM w/19 Devices, Nest, GC-100-6, W800RF32A, WS-2080 Weather Station (KMADRACU10)
              Plug-in/Scripts: Alexa API, BLBackup, BLGData, BLLED, BLLock, BLRF, BLTVGuide, Blue Iris, BLUPS, Current Cost 3P, DirectTV, FitbitSeer, Insteon, Nest, Pushover 3P, Random, Restart, Tasker, UltraGCIR3, UltraWeatherWU, Z-Wave

Comment

I talked to AEON directly today and while the feature was suppose to be in the product, it did not make it, so its not supported. They say they will be adding it. You are welcome to email their support and see what they have to say.

The product is Z-Wave certified though (certification is only for the Z-Wave protocol, not for manufacturer specific features)

Originally posted by TechHA View Post
                Not sure why you would say that...the website clearly says that it does and so doesn't the manual that it came with.

Comment

Thanks Rich for the clarification. I definitely trust you and your programming abilities. With that said, I did go ahead and send them an email. It will be very interesting to see what they actually come back with, if anything. Time will tell if they will stand behind the product that was advertised versus what was shipped out. Having a siren is good, but having the ability to chose which tone goes off based on different events is what was clearly advertised.

I will keep everyone posted if and when they respond to my email.
                  Bryan

Comment

To my surprise I woke up to a response from Aeon Labs.

Here it is:
                    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------
                    Hi Bryan,

The Siren should support 5 sounds as advertised, i am unsure what version of the Siren you have, can you provide me with a firmware version that your siren currently has?

Here is the parameter sheet that shows how you can utilize all 5 sounds via parameter settings:

Cheers,
                    Chris
                    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------

For the record my firmware is:
                    Current Firmware: Manufacturer = Aeon Labs Firmware ID = 0x0

Using the chart above and the 'Set Configuration Parameters' within the device, I can change the tones of the siren! So it can be done, deep breath...

Now we just need it added to the z-wave plugin and we all will be good to go!
                    Last edited by TechHA; November 25, 2014, 06:51 AM.
                    Bryan

Comment

It must be frustrating for a developer to get inaccurate info from a device mfg.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

bumping before it's gets buried!

Rich,
                        Is the image I posted above the info you need to get control of the different tones? Or is there a way I can send the parameters via an event?

Thanks
                        Bryan

Comment

bumping before it's gets buried!

Rich,

Is the image I posted above the info you need to get control of the different tones? Or is there a way I can send the parameters via an event?

Thanks

Bryan

Have you tried sending those special parameters from the settings section of the ZWave tab of the device?

Might prove one way or the other

Cheers
                          James
                          cheeryfool

Comment

Originally posted by cheeryfool View Post
                            Bryan

Have you tried sending those special parameters from the settings section of the ZWave tab of the device?

Might prove one way or the other

Cheers
                            James
                            From my post above with parameters:
                            Using the chart above and the 'Set Configuration Parameters' within the device, I can change the tones of the siren! So it can be done, deep breath...
                            Bryan

Comment

Ok, glad its working, I will go back to AEON and ask about this. Maybe they had planned on another way to send the tones.

Note that the config parameters are normally used for one time configuration, so if you want to change the tones on the fly, there is no way to do that (like with an event). We could add something I suppose, but its a bit odd, and some devices require a reset when config parameters are set.

From my post above with parameters:

Comment

Hi!

I've thought about buying this controller. Have you tried it yet and got it working?

Thanks in advance!

Originally posted by TomKassel View Post
                                Thanks for the information!
                                The z-wave.me usb controller which is z-wave plus certified is available in germany. i will test it next week.

Comment

Working...
                                X