Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New devices overwriting existing ones - HELP!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New devices overwriting existing ones - HELP!

Whenever I go to add a new z-wave device it overwrites an existing one. Yesterday I added a new GE light switch and it overwrote a motion sensor. I went to re install the motion sensor and it overwrote a different wall switch. What is going on or what am I doing wrong. I'v used z-tool and also tried right from the computer running HomeSeer. It's getting frustrating to the point I'm afraid to add any new devices.

Originally posted by labbie48 View Post
    Whenever I go to add a new z-wave device it overwrites an existing one. Yesterday I added a new GE light switch and it overwrote a motion sensor. I went to re install the motion sensor and it overwrote a different wall switch. What is going on or what am I doing wrong. I'v used z-tool and also tried right from the computer running HomeSeer. It's getting frustrating to the point I'm afraid to add any new devices.
    I have had the same issue recently.

Comment

cheeryfool

Comment

Good point.

Comment

Funny you mentioned that, tried that yesterday and the switch added with out a clash. Will know for sure when I try to add another one. Strange that this just started happening recently. Never had this problem before.

Comment

Working...
          X