Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Amcrest cameras, how do we add those to HS3?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Amcrest cameras, how do we add those to HS3?

Does anyone know how to add Amcrest cameras to HS3? I looked at another post about this, but I couldn't get it working. Has anyone got theirs working?

Amcrest & Foscam

FYI - I just started to look into getting another Foscam camera to use with HS3 and noticed that all of the cameras on their US site indicate that they are "Pending Shipment" from China. It seems that they are no longer able to get Foscam cameras and are now pushing to move to Amcrest cameras.

Has someone at Homeseer noticed this and is there a plan to support a different brand?

I have recently purchased an Amcrest camera and it has been working great for several weeks. Has anyone else managed to get one of these cameras to work with HS3? I've looked at their API and tried several of their links to get it to work with HS3 but have been unsuccessful. I saw a post from another forum user that managed to get theirs working but it was a different model. I've purchased the Amcrest IP2M-841B.
    HS4 4.2.6.0 &HSTouch Designer 3.0.80
    Plugin's:
    BLBackup, BLOccupied, BLShutdown, EasyTrigger, Ecobee, Nest, AK Bond
    EnvisaLink DSC, PHLocation, Pushover, SONOS, Blue Iris, UltraRachio3,
    weatherXML, Jon00 Alexa Helper, Network Monitor, MyQ, Z-Wave

Comment

You might try the url's listed on this page for your model. Find your camera and on the left click on the model and a window will appear to create the proper url using your username and password.

Hope this helps.

http://www.ispyconnect.com/man.aspx?n=Amcrest

If anyone needs to find a different camera and get it's url then you can go here and find it from the list. Click on model number on left and create it's unique url.

http://www.ispyconnect.com/sources.aspx
      Last edited by cowinger; April 18, 2017, 01:47 PM.

Comment

I've gotten all my Amcrest cameras (various models) to work with the HS3 ImperiHome plugin and the ImperiHome app. I use the main stream for high resolution recording and the sub-stream for use in the app. It's a pretty good solutions. See the screenshots below for my settings. Also, be sure to go back to the camera settings and readjust the bitrate and framerate, because the default settings are absolutely horrible.
        Attached Files

Comment

I've replaced (almost) all of my Foscam cameras with Amcrest. Much better picture quality, and no ugly antennae. I use Blue Iris for the cameras with the Blue Iris plug-in, and Imperihome for remote access. It's easy to integrate the Amcrest cameras in both Blue Iris and Imperihome.

Comment

Working...
          X