This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by avargaskun View Post

Could you let me know which version of HSBuddy are you using? Is it iPhone or Android, and did you get it from HockeyApp or from the app store? Also, does the identity in the SSL certificate match the address of the server?

Since you mentioned that you are using this to connect locally, I'm suspecting it fails because the identity in the certificate does not match the server address. You would have to enable the option to "Allow invalid certificates" in the app, which is only available in HockeyApp.

Thanks,
    Antonio
    Hi Antonio,

I have the android version and from the HockeyApp download. I have a full server cert and do not use the MyHomeSeer nor allow any non-https connection from the outside world. I even connect internally via https.

The way HS3 ssl works you have to have a pfx file then in HS3 put the info to get into and use the certs in the pfx.

I did finally get this to work. In HS3 I have is set to direct and using port 443 and use secure connections. I also turned off ASCII connection.

On the main screen of buddy, next to the hamburger menu button, the blue house comes and goes but is stays on for the most part. I've not see what this means, but assume it is the connection is made.

I have mine grouped by Room. The only thing I would love to see, is if then it could group by device. An example is I have a whole home audio system that has multiple devices (power, volume, bass etc.) and they are listed in alpha order and not grouped.

If this is not possible, then maybe have a device alias either in buddy or the plug in so we can edit the name just for showing in buddy.

Thanks,

Michael
    HS3Pro & HS4Pro on Win2012R2
    Aeotec, Cooper, Cree, GE/Jasco, Intermatic, LIFX, Fortrezz, OSRAM, RCS, Trane, Zooz
    BLBackup, BLGData, BLRussound, BLSpeech, HSTouch, InvisaLink, HSBuddy, IFTTT, JowiHue, NetCAM, PHLocation, Pushover 3P, Random, rnbWeather, UltraLighting3, weatherXML, ZigBee, Z-Wave

Comment

Hi Antonio,

I just found your app. WOW! Seriously good work. I haven't been satisfied with any of the options out there including the paid ones and yours is great! Can't wait to see it on the Play Store at some point, especially with an option to donate or with paid features. You should be compensated for your work!

Comment

I got the following warning when I installed the HSBuddy plugin..

WARNING: Failed getting InterfaceStatus from HSBuddy - the interface was not found in the list of active interfaces,the list may need to be refreshed.

I'm not sure what it means since I'm new to HomeSeer and HSBuddy.

Comment

Just downloaded your app from the updater, but will not install, get this error.
          Feb-15 09:23:36
          Error Warning, Cannot load EXE file (possibly missing dependencies) HSPI_HSBuddy.exe: Unable to load one or more of the requested types. Retrieve the LoaderExceptions property for more information.Warning, Error details with EXE HSPI_HSBuddy.exe: Could not load type 'System.Runtime.CompilerServices.IAsyncStateMachine' from assembly 'mscorlib, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089'.Warning, Error details with EXE HSPI_HSBuddy.exe: Could not load type 'System.Runtime.CompilerServices.IAsyncStateMachine' from assembly 'mscorlib, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089'.Warning, Error details with EXE HSPI_HSBuddy.exe: Could not load type 'System.Runtime.CompilerServices.IAsyncStateMachine' from assembly 'mscorlib, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089'.Warning, Error details with EXE HSPI_HSBuddy.exe: Could not load type 'System.Runtime.CompilerServices.IAsyncStateMachine' from assembly 'mscorlib, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089'.
          Any ideas?
          sigpic
          A founder member of "The HA Pioneer Group" otherwise known as the "Old farts club!"

Comment

The app version from HockeyApp expired a few days ago.

Is there a n easy way to transfer configuration to the version available via the App Store?

Comment

I am seeing this error in the log

HSBuddy Failed to cleanup the devices table: SQLite.SQLiteException: Corrupt at SQLite.SQLiteCommand.ExecuteNonQuery() at SQLite.TableQuery`1.Delete(Expression`1 predExpr) at HSPI_HSBuddy.History.DeviceHistory.CleanupCallback(Object context)

What do I need to do to fix?

Steve

Comment

graphic icon

hi,
                this 3 graphic status icon doesn't show in to HSBUDDY. HSBUDDY leave a blank icon

It is ok in HS3 web interface, OK in HSTOUCH interface but not in HSBUDDY, why?
                All others icon is ok, only this 3 icon doesn't show in HSBUDDY

Click image for larger version

Name:	storehs.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	37.2 KB
ID:	1195643

it is 128x128 png icon.

Name:	store down.png
Size:	7.1 KB
ID:	1195644

Name:	store my.png
Size:	8.4 KB
ID:	1195645

Name:	store up.png
Size:	15.1 KB
ID:	1195646

Comment

New versions, now available in mobile app stores

Hi all,

I've been able to find time to work on the app again lately. There's new versions available for iOS and Android in their respective app store, as well as a new version of the HS3 plug-in.

You can get the latest version of HSBuddy for:
                  • iOS: from the App Store
                  • Android: from the Play Store
                  • HS3: go to the plug-in management page on your HS3 server and look under User Interfaces

This latest update required a change to how settings are stored in the app (for compliance with the Apple and Google app stores). It's likely that you will have to enter your settings again after you update. This is a one-time side effect, future upgrades will keep previous settings intact.

Here's what's new:
                  • New: (iOS) Support for iPhone X native resolution
                  • New: Now respects 'Hide from mobile view' setting in HS3
                  • New: Support for cameras that require Digest authentication
                  • New: Add option to show loading dots on camera images
                  • New: Status bar icon shows when app is retrieving state from HS3
                  • Fix: Battery status was not showing on z-wave devices
                  • Fix: (iOS) Some issues related to screen rotation
                  • Fix: (iOS) Add back option to accept any SSL certificate on HTTPS

I have been sending PM to those who have posted issues in this thread. If I missed you, please send me a PM with the issue you're experiencing and I will try to help. Thank you for being patient!

Cheers,
                  Antonio.

Comment

Originally posted by Gogs View Post
                    Just downloaded your app from the updater, but will not install, get this error.Any ideas?
                    Error Warning, Cannot load EXE file (possibly missing dependencies) HSPI_HSBuddy.exe: Unable to load one or more of the requested types. Retrieve the LoaderExceptions property for more information.Warning, Error details with EXE HSPI_HSBuddy.exe: Could not load type 'System.Runtime.CompilerServices.IAsyncStateMachine' from assembly 'mscorlib, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089'.Warning, Error details with EXE HSPI_HSBuddy.exe: Could not load type 'System.Runtime.CompilerServices.IAsyncStateMachine' from assembly 'mscorlib, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089'.Warning, Error details with EXE HSPI_HSBuddy.exe: Could not load type 'System.Runtime.CompilerServices.IAsyncStateMachine' from assembly 'mscorlib, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089'.Warning, Error details with EXE HSPI_HSBuddy.exe: Could not load type 'System.Runtime.CompilerServices.IAsyncStateMachine' from assembly 'mscorlib, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089'.

I am having the same problem. If you are responding by PM then the rest of us will not see what the solution is to issues. Not a complaint just seems like it would save you some effort having to respond to multiple people having an issue.

Thanks for the hard work on this.

Comment

Just wanted to chime in a say a big thank you to the author of this app, its exactly what I was looking for to use on my phone!

Anyone use this on wall tablets?

Comment

Originally posted by vikeq View Post
                        hi,
                        this 3 graphic status icon doesn't show in to HSBUDDY. HSBUDDY leave a blank icon

It is ok in HS3 web interface, OK in HSTOUCH interface but not in HSBUDDY, why?
                        All others icon is ok, only this 3 icon doesn't show in HSBUDDY

[ATTACH]67148[/ATTACH]

it is 128x128 png icon.
                        [ATTACH]67149[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]67150[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]67151[/ATTACH]
                        Just a suggestion on why the icon is showing as blank.... it appears from the posting that the icon file name has a space in it. Try setting the device up with an icon that does not have a space in it to see if that solves the problem.
                        Billy

Comment

Originally posted by bdraper View Post
                          Just a suggestion on why the icon is showing as blank.... it appears from the posting that the icon file name has a space in it. Try setting the device up with an icon that does not have a space in it to see if that solves the problem.
                          Thanks Billy.

We tried that this weekend and indeed the problem is the space in the filename. I have a fix ready to go in the next update to the app

Comment

Originally posted by artart88 View Post

I am having the same problem. If you are responding by PM then the rest of us will not see what the solution is to issues. Not a complaint just seems like it would save you some effort having to respond to multiple people having an issue.

Thanks for the hard work on this.
                            He did respond by PM and I replied, but received nothing more, suspect HS notifications is in a mess again. Still not got it working.
                            sigpic
                            A founder member of "The HA Pioneer Group" otherwise known as the "Old farts club!"

Comment

Originally posted by Gogs View Post
                              He did respond by PM and I replied, but received nothing more, suspect HS notifications is in a mess again. Still not got it working.
                              Hi Gordon,

I think the issue is with the version of .NET running in the HS3 server, which I believe is .NET 4.0. Some of the libraries that I am using in the plug-in require .NET 4.5. I believe you're running HS3 on Windows XP?

I don't think .NET 4.5 can be installed on Windows XP and changing the plug-in to .support NET 4.0 would be a large undertaking. I'm afraid I do not have a solution for this at the moment

Antonio.

Comment

Originally posted by avargaskun View Post
                                Hi Gordon,

I think the issue is with the version of .NET running in the HS3 server, which I believe is .NET 4.0. Some of the libraries that I am using in the plug-in require .NET 4.5. I believe you're running HS3 on Windows XP?

I don't think .NET 4.5 can be installed on Windows XP and changing the plug-in to .support NET 4.0 would be a large undertaking. I'm afraid I do not have a solution for this at the moment

Antonio.
                                Thanks for the update. There is an installer for .NET 4.5 on XP, so I will give that a try.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X