Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NOW I've done it - all devices/events,etc. gone!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

NOW I've done it - all devices/events,etc. gone!

What the...? I don't know what happened, but all devices & events are gone in 1.7.44. Had a couple of configurations, & all are empty. Strange thing is, I can open up the "sample" access database, and everything is there.

A little history: about 6 weeks ago I installed 2.0 over top of 1.7 and then (like many others) uninstalled it. The rollback seemed to work just fine. Lately I'd been getting strange things happening, though, like in the log it would show errors in serving up tail.htm or tailhome.htm. Sure enough, the files are missing from the config folder. And if I tried to open up the web interface from the Windows GUI it would open up the Config folder (think that's the one). But if I just entered the IP address in a browser I could open the web page. Then all of a sudden devices & events were gone! Is this just a corrupted XML file, and is there any way to restore it? The .BAK files don't help.... Fortunately, my scripts are still there.

Oof,
    Andy

Fa-reak. Figured out what I did. When I tried to open my existing configurations I clicked on "new" instead of "open." Selecting one of my then existing configs overwrote it as a new (i.e. completely BLANK) file. I just HAD to go through ALL of them that way, even the .BAK files (except for one, happily). I'm almost OK. Sorry for wasting space here.

Comment

FYI: There are a lot of scripts on this board to backup your log and config files. I back them up to a seperate drive or a networked drive. Something dies, you have last ights.

Later!

~Bill

Comment

Thanks! Stoically, I learn best by breaking things.

Comment

How's that consulting business going?
          💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Working...
          X