Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Are there any High temp sensors that work with RFXCOM?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Are there any High temp sensors that work with RFXCOM?

Hey guys,
    I recall reading in these forums that there was a wireless temp sensor for cooking. What I haven't found is a high temp sensor that I can use to track the temps in my Weber grill. Yesterday, I spent my afternoon fighting some very high winds while grilling which resulted in me going from high to low to high with the flames due to high temp changes in the grill.

What I'd like to find is a high temp sensor which would report to RFXCOM so that I can remotely check the grill tempsl I have a wireless food thermometer but they meant to track meat temps and not high temps as seen in a grill...

Any recommendations would be appreciated!

Rod

oh, and anyone seeing the wireless cooking thermometer that does work with the RFXCOM receiver , please pass a link my way. I haven't see those in forever and I could use a second food sensor... Thanks!

Hello again, Can someone confirm that this might work:

http://www.amazon.com/Oregon-Scienti.../dp/B000RL2ZGO

This link above is the Oregon w131. I currently have the brookstone Wireless thermometer and I guess my question is since it works at 433 Mhz also is whether or not the RFXCOM hardware would support it...

If you folks don't know I guess I can always as Bert....

Thanks!
    Rdo

Comment

The AW131 and the AW129 are supported.
      For the full list of supported Oregon sensors see the link on this page: http://www.rfxcom.com/hsrfxcom.htm

Comment

Thanks Bert!
        Any chance we can get the Brookstone product to work with your plugin?
        http://www.brookstone.com/store/prod...=Result*R5C2*T

The website says that the transmitter operates at 433MHz.

Thanks!

Comment

I don't think so. If it is a rebranded Oregon product it is possible.
          433.92MHz does not say anything if a sensor is supported. It is the frequency 433.92MHz and the protocol that must match!

To be sure, buy an Oregon sensor.

Comment

Thanks Bert!

As always, its a pleasure doing business with you!

Rod

Comment

Originally posted by b_weijenberg View Post
              I don't think so. If it is a rebranded Oregon product it is possible. 433.92MHz does not say anything if a sensor is supported. It is the frequency 433.92MHz and the protocol that must match! To be sure, buy an Oregon sensor.
              Bert, I know you are inundated requests to add sensors, so I apologize in advance for adding to the list. This sensor, the Maverick RediChek ET-73 is a dual probe Thermometer that is popular in the BBQ competation circles.

From the FCC diagrams it appears to be on the 433.92MHz frequency but I have no idea about the protocol. When you get the time could you take a look and see what you think and/or how I could go about recognizing ACRF compatibility?

Thanks
              Gary

Comment

Working...
              X