This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

3G and other issues

On my iPhone- when I open HSTouch on a Wifi network (non-local)-- it seems to open every time without issue.

If I shut off wifi and use 3G- I get a message "connection failed to server". This will continue several times- but I noticed that if I open up a web session to my server first- I don't get the issue.

Being overseas last week- I noticed a similar issue on wifi networks. My guess is that opening up the web page goes to the DNS and properly gets the IP address. I never noticed this issue before 1.8 when the loading speed was greatly improved.

If I load from wifi at work-- I don't see this issue. Perhaps it is related to network speed?

Anyone else seem something similar?

Also- if I have a reminder pop up while HSTouch is loading in the black screens-- the reminder will pop up, and then HSTouch will take over the screen and not allow the reminder to be cleared. This will then prevent HSTouch from loading. I had to reboot the phone to clear it.
    HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.435 (Windows Server 8.1 on ESXi box)

Plug-Ins Enabled:
    Z-Wave:,RaspberryIO:,AirplaySpeak:,Ecobee:,
    weatherXML:,JowiHue:,APCUPSD:,PHLocation:,Chromecast:,EasyTr igger:

I have the same issue with 3G.

HSTouch connects to the server every time when using WiFi, both at home and on other WiFi networks.

But when trying to connect over 3G, I usually get the "Connection Failed to Server" message. On rare occasion, it will connect the first time over 3G.

The following workaround works most of the time with 3G:
    1. HSTouch responds with the "Connection Failed to Server" message.
    2. Run the "Mocha VNC" iPhone app and connect to the HS server. The HS server must have a VNC server running. (My HS server has "TightVNC Server" running as a service. Probably any VNC server will work.)
    3. After "Mocha VNC" connects, disconnect and close the app.
    4. Re-start "HSTouch" and it should connect successfully.
    I think you're right about this issue appearing after version 1.8, but I'm not positive.

Note: It appears Mocha has a Remote Desktop app for iPhone. This might work, also. (until HSTouch is fixed...)

- Charlie

Comment

I think your work around accomplishes the same thing. Try opening your homeseer web page instead and see if that works.

Plug-Ins Enabled:

Comment

Hey! That works, too!

Tried to connect with HSTouch over 3G = "Connection Failed to Server".

Called up a HomeSeer web page with the Safari browser.

Tried to connect again with HSTouch and it worked!

Thanks!

Comment

I have to say my iPhone connects every time from 3G. I've been working on my neighbor's huge redwood deck for the past five weeks, and at least 2-3 times per day I run HSTouch via 3G to open/close my garage door (I found it was faster and less annoying than using the garage door keypad). It simply has never failed.

The reminder pop-up during an HSTouch load is definitely a pain. This has caught me many times.
          Mike

Comment

Originally posted by mwaite View Post
            I have to say my iPhone connects every time from 3G. I've been working on my neighbor's huge redwood deck for the past five weeks, and at least 2-3 times per day I run HSTouch via 3G to open/close my garage door (I found it was faster and less annoying than using the garage door keypad). It simply has never failed.

The reminder pop-up during an HSTouch load is definitely a pain. This has caught me many times.
            What dns are you using? Or do you have a stAtic ip?

Plug-Ins Enabled:

Comment

I have a staticIP address.
              Mike

Comment

Originally posted by mwaite View Post
                I have a staticIP address.
                Well, that makes sense. Must be a DNS issue.

Plug-Ins Enabled:

Comment

Working...
                X