Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Put Decimal in value??

Hi.

I have a temp device in the modbus plugin that gives current temperature in three digits. Example: If the outside temp is 19.7C it gives me the value 197. Is it possible to put modify the value with a decimal between 9 and 7??

/Niclas

Originally posted by niclas_82 View Post
    I have a temp device in the modbus plugin that gives current temperature in three digits. Example: If the outside temp is 19.7C it gives me the value 197. Is it possible to put modify the value with a decimal between 9 and 7??
    The easy answer is yes, but the way to do it will depend on what you want to do with the result and whether you feel comfortable with scripting.

The easiest approach would probably be to use the EasyTrigger plug-in to set a virtual device variable to the value reported by the plug-in divided by 10, but if you need the device string to reflect the value, or you need units added, a short script might be better suited.

(On the other hand, perhaps the plug-in author can help with the solution.)
    Mike____________________________________________________________ __________________
    HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.548, NUC i3

HW: Stargate | NX8e | CAV6.6 | Squeezebox | PCS | WGL 800RF | RFXCOM | Vantage Pro | Green-Eye | Edgeport/8 | Way2Call | Ecobee3 | EtherRain | Ubiquiti

Comment

Working...
    X