Webserver Port in use

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Webserver Port in use

I know there is an article that explains how to "fix" this by changing port, but i've been running it for years without issue, then all of the sudden either a windows update, or homeseer update caused this to no longer work.

Code:
    ~!~Warning~!~Error starting web server, port in use? Are you running a web server on the designated port? Edit settings.ini in the Config folder and change gWebSvrPort=## to a different port #. An attempt was made to access a socket in a way forbidden by its access permissions
    Has anyone else seen this recently?

Originally posted by racerfern
    Hmm, HS3 is crashing and restarting over and over.
    If you are running HSSentry, HS will restart over and over automatically when it cannot connect to the HS webserver.

Since you had this happen just after an update, the update likely enabled "World Wide Web Publishing Service", which runs on port 80. If you type services.msc in the search bar, then go to "World Wide Web Publishing Service", then stop and disable the service, HS should start.

There was a second issue on mine which has two NICS that are active. This can cause HSSentry to look for HS at the wrong IP. I had to disable the second NIC.
    HS4 Pro, 4.2.19.16 Windows 10 pro, Supermicro LP Xeon

Comment

Working...
    X