No announcement yet.

Audio on HAI Panel?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yes it will! I have been looking at the protocol docs and it seems like things are straightforward.
    HS4Pro on a Raspberry Pi4
    54 Z-Wave Nodes / 21 Zigbee Devices / 108 Events / 767 Devices
    Plugins: Z-Wave / Zigbee Plus / EasyTrigger / AK Weather / OMNI

HSTouch Clients: 1 Android

Comment

Basic commands Via Alexa too?

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by avpman View Post
        Basic commands Via Alexa too?

That is going to be tricky with the current Connected Home API. I dont think audio is supported. That said, I would suspect Alexa will continue to grow and hopefully provide expanded controls.

Comment

Originally posted by rmasonjr View Post
          That is going to be tricky with the current Connected Home API. I dont think audio is supported. That said, I would suspect Alexa will continue to grow and hopefully provide expanded controls.
          Hopefully you're right. I'm only using HS ZEE now so I can get the Alexa functionality. I've had to create a bunch of User Buttons to do basic Audio control.

Comment

Originally posted by avpman View Post
            Hopefully you're right. I'm only using HS ZEE now so I can get the Alexa functionality. I've had to create a bunch of User Buttons to do basic Audio control.
            I might have asked this before, so I apologize, but what audio model are you using with your panel? Number of zones?

Comment

Russound CAV6.6 (6 inputs, 6 zones.) Technically, it is scaleable by ganging another CAV6.6 to 12/12 but I don't see that happening.

Last edited by avpman; May 11, 2017, 10:47 AM.

Comment

I have HAI HI-FI 2 with 16 zones with 4 Sonos as my inputs. Currently using buttons and flags to control using Alexa and of course with programing thru Dlr. PC Access.

Comment

Russound can scale all the way up to 48 zones now.

Comment

Here have Russound CAA boxes (3). Over the years purchased a serial server such that I could control the CAA with either the OP2 panel or software (and used Homeseer here for software).

Fastest connectivity / control has always been the Russound keypad controllers (Use KPL here). Next was the OmniTouch 5.7 and Omnitouch 5.7e's which are slower than the keypads so I do not use them much for Russound control. Played with HS2 a bit and it was never fast enough for me.

The above said it would be nice to offer the basics of the OmniPro 2 panel audio hardware control as it does work Ok with the Omnitouch screens.
                    - Pete

Auto mator
                    Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb
                    Homeseer Zee2 (Lite) - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e - CherryTrail x5-Z8350 BeeLink 4Gb BT3 Pro
                    HS4 Lite - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenovo Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram

HS4 Pro - V4.1.18.1 - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenova Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram
                    HSTouch on Intel tabletop tablets (Jogglers) - Asus AIO - Windows 11

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation-Tasmota-Espurna. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Alexa, Cheaper RFID, W800 and Home Assistant

Comment

Originally posted by Pete View Post
                      Here have Russound CAA boxes (3). Over the years purchased a serial server such that I could control the CAA with either the OP2 panel or software (and used Homeseer here for software).

Fastest connectivity / control has always been the Russound keypad controllers (Use KPL here). Next was the OmniTouch 5.7 and Omnitouch 5.7e's which are slower than the keypads so I do not use them much for Russound control. Played with HS2 a bit and it was never fast enough for me.

The above said it would be nice to offer the basics of the OmniPro 2 panel audio hardware control as it does work Ok with the Omnitouch screens.
                      Rob,
                      I think we're all in consensus as to basic functionality. I think base/treble/left/right,etc could, if ever, come later. My biggest need is for basic Alexa functionality. i.e. "Turn on Bedroom Audio <zone>," "Set Bedroom Audio to XM <source>" and the really hard one "Press bedroom Audio keys Six Three Zero" (to change stations.) The HAI SDK documentationn provides for limited control anyway and that's going to be the limiting factor:
                      AUDIO SOURCE PROPERTIES
                      Data 4-16 source name
                      AUDIO ZONE PROPERTIES
                      Data 4 on/off (0-1)
                      Data 5 source (1-n)
                      Data 6 volume (0-100)
                      Data 7 mute (0-1)
                      Data 8-20 zone name

As the panel converts these commands into the correct commands required by the specific audio system attached to it (and defined in the serial port setup.)

Comment

All of the commands are generic and similiar to the units (whether units are x10, upb, zwave, zigbee...)

Yeah here used the main floor all speaker on during family get togethers and source it over to the Kodi box by the family room LCD / AVR (AVR is one source for the Russound). Family room, hallway, dining room, living room, kitchen, deck and garage. Just used on and off and source control. Didn't much play with rest of the stuff cuz once it is set you do not need to touch it. Utilize Russound outdoor speakers for garage and deck. Exposed to the sun/rain/snow on the deck for some 6 years + now with effects on the speakers. Neighbor put his controller in a box with a plastic cover on it on the deck house wall. I put mine inside next to the door to the deck. The hardest part was drilling in to the brick and running the cables down to the basement here. But did the same for CCTV on the first floor level brick.
                        - Pete

Auto mator
                        Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb
                        Homeseer Zee2 (Lite) - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e - CherryTrail x5-Z8350 BeeLink 4Gb BT3 Pro
                        HS4 Lite - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenovo Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram

HS4 Pro - V4.1.18.1 - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenova Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram
                        HSTouch on Intel tabletop tablets (Jogglers) - Asus AIO - Windows 11

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation-Tasmota-Espurna. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Alexa, Cheaper RFID, W800 and Home Assistant

Comment

Any updates?

I recently scrapped my big HAI OmniProII system -- forklift upgrade to HS3. I couldn't be happier.

I have a HiFi2 w/16 output zones. Luckily I am able to run this system independent of the OmniProII. I'm looking for a plugin that will support this and integrate with any audio capabilities within HS3.

Please let me know if you have anything available for integration. I am also happy to dig in and write some code in assistance.

Thanks!
                          Craig

Comment

This seems to be the latest thread on audio support (Hi-fi2) within the Omni plug-in. I am looking to pick a new whole audio system and leaning towards the Hi-fi2 as I already have the Omni Pro. I know there are other more modern solutions but I like what the HIFI2 has to offer at the price.

Has the audio support notion been abandoned?

Comment

Originally posted by mhog View Post
                              This seems to be the latest thread on audio support (Hi-fi2) within the Omni plug-in. I am looking to pick a new whole audio system and leaning towards the Hi-fi2 as I already have the Omni Pro. I know there are other more modern solutions but I like what the HIFI2 has to offer at the price.

Has the audio support notion been abandoned?
                              No but I am working on scenes and lock support now. It's taking much longer than I thought.

Sent from my SM-G935U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by rmasonjr View Post
                                I might have asked this before, so I apologize, but what audio model are you using with your panel? Number of zones?
                                Russound CAV6.6 (6 inputs, 6 zones.) Technically, it is scaleable by ganging another CAV6.6 to 12/12 but I don't see that happening in my case.
                                Thanks Rob!
                                <style></style>
                                Last edited by avpman; January 14, 2018, 10:07 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X