Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone used a Leviton Vizia RF+ ZWave 4 Button Scene Controller ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone used a Leviton Vizia RF+ ZWave 4 Button Scene Controller ?

This device looks like exactly what I need for my purposes:

https://store.leviton.com/products/v...nt=33666558595

Anyone used it, and/or can it be easily made to work with HS? Failing that, anyone have a suggestion as to an alternate device? What I like is that is:

1. powered by house, not a battery stick-on remote.
    2. can act as a scene controller
    3. can power local load for one light.

Idea being to replace a light switch with this, still control the light in question, but also be able to trigger other HS Events with the other buttons...

(edited to fix link above to current model of product rather than old product)

paul
    Last edited by paul; August 8, 2017, 04:38 PM.

Hmmm.... some of what I've found on the board suggests that this device may have some issues in recent years. I'd be interested in how people are currently using this device.

I've also found this one:

https://www.amazon.ca/Cooper-Devices.../dp/B0053ZIRWK

Which I could make work, though it doesn't control a local load. Ignoring that issue (as I think I can work around it) I'd be interested in peoples experiences with it as well....

Paul

Comment

Originally posted by paul View Post
      Hmmm.... some of what I've found on the board suggests that this device may have some issues in recent years. I'd be interested in how people are currently using this device.

I've also found this one:

https://www.amazon.ca/Cooper-Devices.../dp/B0053ZIRWK

Which I could make work, though it doesn't control a local load. Ignoring that issue (as I think I can work around it) I'd be interested in peoples experiences with it as well....

Paul
      I came across this one which has a miraculous similarity to the one you have. If you zoom in on it it shows cooper. The reviews don't show much but they are very old and the control of them then isn't the same as today.

https://www.amazon.com/Eaton-RFWC5WS...ontroller&th=1

Comment

Leviton Vizia 4 button scene controllers

Paul,

I have about 15 of these, which I've had since 2012, but just now deploying.
        I'm learning about some of the quirkiness with them.

Yes, one "local" load device can be connected (with the "red" load, mine are on the bottom side), and usually the top button is supposed to manage that.

I haven't done this yet, but I'm told you want to create some Virtual Scene Controllers which would manage the device.

Also - you're not supposed to use "Scenes" as in Plugins, ZWave, Scenes to create those.

(Hope I got this right) Use Device Management to Add a device, I've been naming mine VSC ##-B# Description where VSC for Virtual Scene Controller, ## is the Node ID, B# is the Button Number. Then you can test for the input to that VSC button to then turn on or off the other Scenes.

From the device itself, it's kind of weird how it responds - I turn a device on button 4 on, and all 4 buttons lights turn on. I turn that button "off", but the other 3 lights stay on. I've played with them several ways and haven't found consistent operation yet.

There is one thread that is a few years old that has quite a bit of info in it, if I can locate that one again, I'll put that reference in another reply. You may have already viewed that one.

Comment

I have had the same issues where if you turn one scene on and than another the other scene is still lit up. so if you use three buttons for different light levels of one room and one moment you decide you want full brightness so you press button one than later you decide accent lighting so press button 2 than later you want evening mode so press button 3. what I have found is button 1 2 3 will all be lit. Is there a way that f you press the next button all the others don't light up anymore. I never thought of doing virtual devices with these. I suppose you would create a virtual device say Kitchen Table Light and than link it with the actual kitchen table light light switch?

Comment

I have another post requesting some more detailed interaction for these Leviton switches. I understand Leviton devices have some challenges, and that Leviton isn't particularly forthcoming with documentation or support on them.

The little brochure that comes with the item has a lot of what seems to be partial info. Also, may be geared more toward using the Leviton controller rather than being agnostic to the controller and playing nice

Let's see what kind of details I can glean from my request.
            So far I'm advised to upgrade to current release.
            I want to get to setting something up so play with a few items - just don't want to do it wrong like I did at first following directions.

Comment

I do not know if you have the manuals for your switches so have attached the Cooper manuals.

Here with my OmniPro 2 panel purchased a serial Leviton VRCOP that connected to the panel.

All programming including scenes were done with the Leviton Remote controller VR-CPG.

[ATTACH]62824[/ATTACH]

I would sync up the switches to the remote then upload the configuration over to the Omni Pro 2 panel.

Suggest to another Homeseer user to utilize his VR-CPG and it locked up on him. He removed the batteries for a while and replaced the batteries and the VRCPG stayed in brick mode (non functioning).

Fast forward here to the last couple of years. I have been able to send the Z-Wave information from the ZNet like device to the Leviton VRCOP Samsung Smarthings device just fine. The Leviton panel though only talks to the hard wired switches, modules, locks but not the little battery operated sensors. The Samsung Smarthings box does though talk to all of the Z-Wave stuff.

Today Leviton sells a z-wave stick and has a software program for programming z-wave called Vizia RF + Installer Tool and it is free.

Note this is entirely in the Leviton world and I am not sure how this would work with the Homeseer Z-Wave controller. I have uploaded all of the Leviton VRCPG stuff over to the ZNet like device and it did capture all of the data. The VRCPG is a primary controller and uploading the data to the ZNet made it a primary too.

Note that the different controllers see each other but not update status if one controller controls a lamp.

As mentioned earlier here using UPB for all of my in wall switches at this time. I have a small 20 device Z-Wave network sprinkled on the 2nd floor, main floor, garage and basement that I use for testing. (same with Zigbee).
              Last edited by Pete; August 17, 2017, 04:28 PM.
              - Pete

Auto mator
              Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb
              Homeseer Zee2 (Lite) - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e - CherryTrail x5-Z8350 BeeLink 4Gb BT3 Pro
              HS4 Lite - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenovo Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram

HS4 Pro - V4.1.18.1 - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenova Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram
              HSTouch on Intel tabletop tablets (Jogglers) - Asus AIO - Windows 11

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation-Tasmota-Espurna. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Alexa, Cheaper RFID, W800 and Home Assistant

Comment

Working...
              X