Fibaro Dimmer 2 problems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fibaro Dimmer 2 problems

Added a Fibaro Dimmer 2 yesterday and it is behaving erratically. Similar problems to here. It started working fine after initial inclusion, but then after a couple of cycles on and off it suddenly stopped dimming, then went off, then wouldn't come back on. It randomly responds to certain commands from HS3, so after a few minutes it might work for a while. It isn't showing any error lights on the device.

Advice from this page suggests deleting the extra multilevel switch that HS3 creates (which has not been addressed in 9 months apparently), but doing this seems to make things worse.

I've attached the logs from HS3 adding the device (after forcing a full reset and removing it completely and restarting zwave), removing the extra device (as suggested in the threads above) and also with zwave debugging on, which has errors which seem to suggest that deleting switch multilevel 2 has deleted something else and stopped it working at all.

Any advice please?
    Attached Files

<BUMP>

I know other people have posted about these Fibaro devices before and it has been raised with Homeseer. Anyone any idea how to sort this out?

Comment

I not even can add Fibaro Dimmer 2!

Hello!

How did you include the device? Secure or unsecure?

After some fails I even put the Z-NET NEXT to the Switch (which is connected and put in the wall box) - but it did not work...

Code:
      Add Node started...
      Activate the 'Add to Network' function on the device...
      Adding a new SLAVE NODE...
      DONE - Add Node Operation is Complete.
      Done. Node 54 Added. 
      Reloading (importing) node information...
      Synchronizing node information with HomeSeer and creating new device(s) as necessary...
      Synchronize nodes finished. Number of device nodes to be created/added = 1
      Z-Wave manufacturer information for node 54, ID: 271=10FH (Fibaro), Type: 258=102H, ID: 4096=1000H
      Negotiating or Verifying SECURITY SCHEME for node 54
      Warning: Failed to get a SECURITY SCHEME or verify the key from node 54. Device may not be added properly to HomeSeer.
      Warning: The security device may have a timeout when adding to the network, bring the device close to HomeSeer and use the Add Node button to add it (remove it first)
      Warning: If this device was previously added to the network, the device may need to be removed from the network and re-added.
      Warning: In case the device was previously added successfully, an attempt will be made to continue the import.
      Getting SECURITY class information for node 54
      Error: Security class information is NOT present - cannot continue loading node 54
      Warning: The device at node 54 should result in 5 child devices being created, but the node interrogation currently has 0. This may still result in a successful child creation.
      Finished.
      It really makes me sick.. so many Z-WAVE devices do not work as expected!

Comment

I used the default which i think is secure. I sometimes have to move the z net close but on this attempt i didn't bother and it added ok. Got similar messages whilst adding it.

I found out how to read the parameters and can now get it to dim and respond reliably. Just got to re-wire it to the actual driver and hope that works now I've got it working with a basic bulb.

Comment

Hi,

I have some problems with one of my Fibaro dimers 2 (firmware 3.4).

When I use regular wall switch to turn on/off the lamp the status of lamp is correctly reported to Homeseer (either on or off). However when I try to control my lamp through Homeseer I get status unknown but lamp still turns on/off.

I had rescaned the node - but it didn't seem to help with status unknown.

Any idea what might be the issue?

Here is some log:
          sie-19 13:09:26
          Z-Wave
          Device: Oswietlenie Sypialnia wlacznik swiatla sypialnia Set to INVALID VALUE
          Z-Wave Warning
          Probable Invalid (MULTILEVEL) Frame Received from Node 25 = 20-03
          Z-Wave
          Z-Wave Warning
          Probable Invalid (MULTILEVEL) Frame Received from Node 25 = 26-03
          Z-Wave
          Device: Oswietlenie Sypialnia wlacznik swiatla sypialnia Set to OFF
          sie-19 13:09:24
          Z-Wave Warning
          In converting Z-Wave data bytes to a value, Size is reported as 2, but length is 1 and is=00
          sie-19 13:09:24
          Z-Wave
          Device: Oswietlenie Sypialnia wlacznik swiatla sypialnia Set to ON
          sie-19 13:09:23
          Z-Wave
          sie-19 13:09:23
          Z-Wave Warning
          Probable Invalid (MULTILEVEL) Frame Received from Node 25 = 20-03

Comment

I'm in the process of installing a bunch of these, and so far communication / status updates have been great. I'm using HS3 3.0.0.318 with Z-Wave 3.0.1.137.

Here are a few notes:

1. Add the node via non-secure (not sure if this is necessary, but I've standardized on this way)

2. After it's included, go into the root note --> associations --> update. Then remove everything except Group 1 to HomeSeer (ID: 1, Endpoint=1).

When I do it this way, it works perfectly. Instant updates on load status (through S-1), and S-2 (aux switch).

Hope that helps.

Comment

Working...
            X