ISY Insteon 1.0.2.5

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ISY Insteon 1.0.2.5

This is a version 1.0.2.5 of the ISY Insteon Plug-in.

This is being released as an installation package that will update an existing installation of the plug-in to this version. It will re-use the your existing license key.

This version fixes a bug in 1.0.2.4 that would cause program commands to fail because a send lock get's stuck after a command send timeout.

This release has been tested to work with the latest ISY firmware - 2.8.2.

Installation
    1. Download the ISYInsteion-1.0.2.5.zip file
    2. Unzip the contents
    3. shutdown HomeSeer
    4. Run HomeSeerPluginISYInsteon_1_0_0.msi
    5. Restart HomeSeer

Updates since 1.0.2.3
    - Changes to the network communication layer to provide better error reporting.
    - Changes to the network communication layer to provide better synchronization between device and program commands.
    - Updated the device lists so that the latest Smarthome devices should now be recognized.
    Updates since 1.0.2.4
    - Fixed bug that would prevent the plug-in from sending program commands to the ISY.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by bpwwer; October 9, 2010, 04:39 PM.
    --
    Bob Paauwe
    ISYInsteon Plug-in
    http://www.bobsplace.com/ISYInsteon/

Bob,

The updated plugin is installed (debug still enabled) and I will update you regarding the communication status in within the next 48 hours.

Thanks for the quick response!

- Jeff

Comment

Bob,

I upgraded today to 2.8.2 and 1.0.2.4. Everything seems fine. Don't knwo if this is related, but tonight the plug-in could not turn scenes off. All the log would say is status changed from 2 to 3 (or maybe 3 to 2) but it didn't indicate which device. I restarted Homeseer and now it's all fine. When I do it now, the log says "COMM: Scene Pool Music on should be off". It didn't say that before. The plug-in could turn the scene ON, but not OFF. It had the same behavior from the devices screen.

Anyway, hopefully it was just an upgrade fluke and it won't cause problems, but I thought maybe your new COMM code may have a bug. . .

Tim

Comment

Bob,

Sorry for the delayed response....

We we made it past 48 hours and everything appeared to be working perfectly fine but then the ISY itself decided to stop responding this evening and I was moments away from zipping up the logs. But after reviewing the logs there appeared to be communication issues with the ISY which upon further inspection showed the ISY itself had crashed/hung. So I did the unplug/plug reboot and restarted HS. Again, will keep you posted...

Thanks!

- Jeff

Comment

Bob, I've now had the plug-in break down a couple of times, and the RESYNC button is not working for me. I have to restart Homeseer. I have a log put together to e-mail to you, but your e-mail box is full.

I posted on the forum a while back about losing the ability to send scene commands. I just realized as going to bed that the upstairs off scene was not getting sent and that it had happened a few nights before as well.

So sure enough, I came down and tried to manually send scene on or off commands from the status screen and nothing worked. So I set logging to ALL and tried it out. Then I tried to RESYNC the ISY, and it gave me some network errors that are in the log.

The plug-in still seems to be sending program changes though because my lights, which are program based, are still running based on inputs from Homeseer. Or at least they were before the RESYNC attempt.

Hope the log is helpful.

Tim

Timeout waiting for SEND LOCK seems to happen a lot during the day, starting with:
          12:03am errors
          11:20am errors which continue on through the day. . .

11:12:39pm I updated the settings to change logging to ALL. . . I'm surprised to not see a note to that effect in the log.

11:12:45 you'll see my manual control of a device failed.

11:13:51 new logging level set back to notices. . . this time it shows up in the log.

Then after the attempt RESYNC ISY button press, it just shows more SEND LOCK errors.

A reboot of Homeseer brought everything back to functional status. Please e-mail me and I'll send you the full log file. Thanks.

update: THANKS FOR CONTACTING ME. . . . i hope the log is helpful. . .
          Last edited by timlacey; October 9, 2010, 09:48 AM.

Comment

Hi Tim,

Thanks! The log did help and I think I was able to reproduce the problem. I found a bug that once triggered, would basically block all commands going to the ISY until the plug-in was restarted. I uploaded a version that should fix this, at least I am no longer able to reproduce it.

The RESYNC button just request the current device configuration from the ISY. It's only real use is to get the device status back in sync if needed. Since the bug above, was blocking commands to the ISY, it wasn't able to send the command to request current device status. I think the bug explains all the symptoms you were seeing.

Let me know if you see any problems running this version (or if you don't).

Originally posted by timlacey View Post
            Bob, I've now had the plug-in break down a couple of times, and the RESYNC button is not working for me. I have to restart Homeseer. I have a log put together to e-mail to you, but your e-mail box is full.

I posted on the forum a while back about losing the ability to send scene commands. I just realized as going to bed that the upstairs off scene was not getting sent and that it had happened a few nights before as well.

So sure enough, I came down and tried to manually send scene on or off commands from the status screen and nothing worked. So I set logging to ALL and tried it out. Then I tried to RESYNC the ISY, and it gave me some network errors that are in the log.

The plug-in still seems to be sending program changes though because my lights, which are program based, are still running based on inputs from Homeseer. Or at least they were before the RESYNC attempt.

Hope the log is helpful.

Tim

Timeout waiting for SEND LOCK seems to happen a lot during the day, starting with:
            12:03am errors
            11:20am errors which continue on through the day. . .

11:12:39pm I updated the settings to change logging to ALL. . . I'm surprised to not see a note to that effect in the log.

11:12:45 you'll see my manual control of a device failed.

11:13:51 new logging level set back to notices. . . this time it shows up in the log.

Then after the attempt RESYNC ISY button press, it just shows more SEND LOCK errors.

A reboot of Homeseer brought everything back to functional status. Please e-mail me and I'll send you the full log file. Thanks.

update: THANKS FOR CONTACTING ME. . . . i hope the log is helpful. . .
            --
            Bob Paauwe
            ISYInsteon Plug-in
            http://www.bobsplace.com/ISYInsteon/

Comment

Working...
            X