This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bpwwer View Post
    Turning on debug messages will provide more information on why it's failing. But it looks like there might be an event (or events) that are referencing an ISY program that doesn't exist.
    Thanks - Here's the log at debug when it occurs. Appears to be due to "Accent Lights OFF" program on ISY? There are no HS3 events related to that program. All the related conditions (variable & program status) are present & working in the ISY.

Feb-25 3:35:03 PM ISYInsteon Event Queue is now empty.
    Feb-25 3:35:03 PM ISYInsteon ISY Heartbeat message.
    Feb-25 3:35:03 PM ISYInsteon Add : Event added to queue. Queue size = 1
    Feb-25 3:35:03 PM ISYInsteon Authorize : Authorize: encoding = "***************
    Feb-25 3:35:03 PM ISYInsteon parse_event : control = [_0] action = [120] node = [] eventinfo = []
    Feb-25 3:35:03 PM ISYInsteon parse_event : Entering parse event with _0120
    Feb-25 3:35:00 PM ISYInsteon GetTriggers : Adding to Accent Lights OFF Error in trigger data
    Feb-25 3:35:00 PM ISYInsteon FormatUI : ISY Program Trigger FormatUI failed.
    Feb-25 3:35:00 PM ISYInsteon GetTriggers : Looking up node for P42 (P42)
    Feb-25 3:35:00 PM ISYInsteon GetTriggers : Adding new trigger ISY_PROGRAM - 6251 to triggerlist
    Feb-25 3:35:00 PM ISYInsteon GetTriggers : Adding to Water Timer Reset The ISY Programs/Gabbys Programs/Water Timer Reset Running True
    Feb-25 3:35:00 PM ISYInsteon GetTriggers : Looking up node for P52 (P52)
    Feb-25 3:35:00 PM ISYInsteon GetTriggers : Adding new trigger ISY_PROGRAM - 2937 to triggerlist
    Feb-25 3:35:00 PM ISYInsteon GetTriggers : Adding to Porch Motion Sensor The Outside/Front/Porch Motion Sensor Sends On

Here's the program. It turns all the house accent lights OFF at bedtime, and also if the light sensors change to 'bright' during the daytime.

Code:
    [B]Accent Lights OFF[/B] - [ID 002A][Parent 0013][Run At Startup]
     If
            $Flg_Automate is 1
        And (
                 Program 'Sleep time' is True
              Or (
                      Program 'Daytime' is True
                  And Program 'Low Light Detected' is False
                 )
            )

Then
            Set Scene 'Scenes / Lighting Groups / [All Accent Lights]' Off

Else
       - No Actions - (To add one, press 'Action')

Comment

Originally posted by CJVann View Post
      Other devices update their heartbeat timestamp, just not the flood sensor. It just occurred to me that the flood sensor is a beta model, maybe it operates differently than production models. Anyone else have a flood sensor with heartbeat that can confirm?
      I do have a leak sensor and I don't think it's a beta unit. Mine hasn't updated the heartbeat device either. But I just noticed that it seems to be the only battery operated device I have that has a heartbeat device. So maybe it is sending something that the plug-in is ignoring.
      --
      Bob Paauwe
      ISYInsteon Plug-in
      http://www.bobsplace.com/ISYInsteon/

Comment

Thanks - Here's the log at debug when it occurs. Appears to be due to "Accent Lights OFF" program on ISY? There are no HS3 events related to that program. All the related conditions (variable & program status) are present & working in the ISY.
        HomeSeer thinks there is an event for that program. The plug-in is looping through the list of events that HS sent and hooking them up so that it knows to raise the triggers to HS. That looks like the last device on the list.

I've updated the debug messages to provide more details but it looks like the info that HS sent is referencing some type of condition that isn't valid for a program event.

At this point, it may be that because the plug-in fails to generate a valid string to display the event details, the HS UI isn't able to display the event. The update I made will output more debug info and also won't crash in this case so that might help. I'll work on getting this version uploaded.
        --
        Bob Paauwe
        ISYInsteon Plug-in

Comment

Other devices update their heartbeat timestamp, just not the flood sensor. It just occurred to me that the flood sensor is a beta model, maybe it operates differently than production models. Anyone else have a flood sensor with heartbeat that can confirm?
          Originally posted by bpwwer View Post
          I do have a leak sensor and I don't think it's a beta unit. Mine hasn't updated the heartbeat device either. But I just noticed that it seems to be the only battery operated device I have that has a heartbeat device. So maybe it is sending something that the plug-in is ignoring.
          Ok, I did some testing with mine overnight and it looks like it sends an ON command once a day. Since it never sends an OFF, there's never a status/value change and HS never updates the timestamp. There's nothing special about what the leak sensor is sending so there isn't really any way to distinguish (unless I add some special code for if device type == leak sensor and command == ON then so something special)

I don't have any other devices like this that have a "heartbeat" device node so I don't have anything else to compare it with.

It should be possible to set up an event in HS that triggers when the leak sensor sends ON and have it run a script that changes the device status or value. That should trigger a timestamp change.
          --
          Bob Paauwe
          ISYInsteon Plug-in

Comment

Alpha 3.0.0.24: Setting an ISY Variable from an event

Hi guys,

I'm using Alpha 3.0.0.24, and I'm can't figure out how to take a temperature value from a Zwave thermostat connected to HS3 and setting a state variable in the ISY with the current temperature value. Can that be done with the Alpha and if so, any pointers on how to do it.

When I try "ISY Insteon ISY Device Actions" I get a message "Error calling the plug-in to get the Action UI: An entry with the same key already exists".

I tried "Control a Device" and selected the variable, but the value box is empty so I can't close the event step.

Thanks,

Joe

Comment

Originally posted by JPStokesSr View Post
              Hi guys,

I'm using Alpha 3.0.0.24, and I'm can't figure out how to take a temperature value from a Zwave thermostat connected to HS3 and setting a state variable in the ISY with the current temperature value. Can that be done with the Alpha and if so, any pointers on how to do it.

When I try "ISY Insteon ISY Device Actions" I get a message "Error calling the plug-in to get the Action UI: An entry with the same key already exists".

I tried "Control a Device" and selected the variable, but the value box is empty so I can't close the event step.

Thanks,

Joe
              The plugin currently only allows you to set a variable to a specific value (see screen capture), and not to another device's value. I'm not sure what the error you're receiving means. When I try "Control a Device", I get the same thing as you, a blank box.

This is probably best handled by the ISY itself, if you're using version 5. Maybe something similar to below...
              Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by JPStokesSr View Post
                Hi guys,

I believe you could do this with a HomeSeer script. But there's not any way I can think of to do it through the gui.

Or let the ISY handle as CJVann suggest.

I'm not sure what this means. Could you try turning on debug level logging and post the results?

I suspect it's because I don't have variables configured properly as controllable devices. They don't really match what HS thinks of as controllable.
                --
                Bob Paauwe
                ISYInsteon Plug-in

Comment

24 expires

Hi Bob,
                  Per the sticky version 3.0.0.24 will expire on 4/20/2016.
                  Will you be posting a new version? When will this be available?

Thnks
                  Tom

Comment

Originally posted by Seer1001 View Post
                    Hi Bob,
                    Per the sticky version 3.0.0.24 will expire on 4/20/2016.
                    Will you be posting a new version? When will this be available?

Thnks
                    Tom
                    Thanks for the reminder Tom!

For some reason I was thinking it expired in June. Probably because I had it set to June last year.

I uploaded a new version with some minor fixes and bumped the expiration date out to January of next year. Also changed this from Alpha to a Beta release to reflect that it seems to be quite stable and the rate of change has slowed significantly.

Note to everyone, if there are feature you want that are missing, please post them.
                    --
                    Bob Paauwe
                    ISYInsteon Plug-in

Comment

Thanks Bob
                      I installed 3.0.0.25 and it seems to work fine.

Tom

Comment

ISY feature request - support for second ISY

My highest priority new feature request is for support of up to two ISYs.

Comment

Problem installing 3.0.0.25

I followed the installation instructions for updating ISYInsteon.

I put the zip folder in the HS3/updates/zips folder
                          and I put the Updater_overide file in HS3, but when I try to update listing by the additional interfaces nothing new shows up?

What am I doing wrong?

Comment

Originally posted by zsima View Post
                            I followed the installation instructions for updating ISYInsteon.

I put the zip folder in the HS3/updates/zips folder
                            and I put the Updater_overide file in HS3, but when I try to update listing by the additional interfaces nothing new shows up?

What am I doing wrong?
                            Maybe nothing. I created a new thread with some additional instructions along with screen shots. It should be post right below this one now.

If you haven't used an updater_override.txt file before to do this, it can be a bit confusing. If it's really not showing the plug-in listing then I don't know what's wrong. You can always use the alternate method listed and stop HomeSeer and replace the files with the versions from the .zip file.
                            --
                            Bob Paauwe
                            ISYInsteon Plug-in

Comment

This looks like a HS message, but then it's complaining about an Insteon/ISY device, so I'm not sure where the error is coming from or what I've done wrong. Maybe you can shed some light?

I have several rooms (Folders) with one (and only one) Insteon On-Off Outlet , so each room has a "Top Outlet" and a "Bottom Outlet". I'm not sure why that is considered a duplicate? I also have several rooms with a device called "Light", but it doesn't cause a duplicate / error.

Dining Room
                              -- Top Outlet
                              -- Bottom Outlet
                              Entry
                              -- Top Outlet
                              -- Bottom Outlet
                              Living Room
                              -- Top Outlet
                              -- Bottom Outlet
                              (etc.)
                              Attached Files

Comment

In reference to previous message, I just noticed that HS3 did not create any devices for any of the new On-Off Outlets I added to ISY today. The only ones showing in HS3 are the Living Room Top/Bottom outlet, which were the originals from some time ago. Here is how they are laid out in the ISY, for you reference, and note too that I tried a restart of HS3, but the errors continue and the devices are not present in any of the rooms.
                                Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                                X