No announcement yet.

Delays with version 3.0.1.124

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What was the difference between .126 and .128? I checked the sticky page on revisions but the last one listed was .126.

Comment

128 has better handling of polling devices when a battery device wakes up. If it goes to sleep too early it will immediately stop polling. Also, when adding a device, polling is never enabled on it (except for older thermostats).

Originally posted by bebaldin View Post
      What was the difference between .126 and .128? I checked the sticky page on revisions but the last one listed was .126.
      💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Rich overall on 128 I have seen a vast improvement. I did have a couple delays on my test I have been running, but never noticed any issues in days to day operations.

I am no investigating deeper on my side as the delays I have seen are coinciding a few seconds after my aeotec house meter tries to update. Looks like I might be having a faulty device. I'll keep you posted, but overall my experience has vastly improved.

Comment

Originally posted by rjh View Post
          128 has better handling of polling devices when a battery device wakes up. If it goes to sleep too early it will immediately stop polling. Also, when adding a device, polling is never enabled on it (except for older thermostats).
          Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by waynehead99 View Post
            Rich overall on 128 I have seen a vast improvement. I did have a couple delays on my test I have been running, but never noticed any issues in days to day operations.

I am no investigating deeper on my side as the delays I have seen are coinciding a few seconds after my aeotec house meter tries to update. Looks like I might be having a faulty device. I'll keep you posted, but overall my experience has vastly improved.
            Mine has also been humming along nicely with only two delays shown in my testing and none observed by me or my family.

I will enable polling again and see what happens.
            HS4 Pro, 4.2.19.0 Windows 10 pro, Supermicro LP Xeon

Comment

.128 has proven to be a regression for me. As soon as I went from 126 to 128, the delays started up immediately. If someone can provide me a link to 126 Linux to roll back to, I would appreciate it.

Comment

I have two older hsm100's battery devices that I'm trying to get rid of. Removed one and replaced with hsm 200. Deleting the devices for one and re-importing and scanning from znet has started this disaster. Enable/disable of zwave plugin didnt help, reboot znet didn't help. Had to restart Homeseer to get errors to stop.

Processing data buffered by the interface while it was disconnected.
                Jun-10 10:05:38 AM Z-Wave Z-Net: Z-Wave Ethernet at IP 192.168.42.39, connected to interface ok.
                Jun-10 10:05:33 AM Z-Wave Warning Trying to re-connect to Ethernet interface at IP 192.168.42.39...
                Jun-10 10:05:32 AM Z-Wave Error Z-Net: The Z-Net interface did not respond to the request for the HomeID and Node - it may be disconnected or malfunctioning (2).
                Jun-10 10:05:32 AM Z-Wave Error Z-Net: The Z-Net interface did not respond to the request for the HomeID and Node - it may be disconnected or malfunctioning (2).
                Jun-10 10:05:25 AM Z-Wave Z-Net: Getting node information from controller...
                Jun-10 10:05:25 AM Z-Wave Z-Net: Processing data buffered by the interface while it was disconnected.
                Jun-10 10:05:25 AM Z-Wave Z-Net: Z-Wave Ethernet at IP 192.168.42.39, connected to interface ok.
                Jun-10 10:05:20 AM Z-Wave Warning Trying to re-connect to Ethernet interface at IP 192.168.42.39...
                Jun-10 10:05:19 AM Z-Wave Error Z-Net: The Z-Net interface did not respond to the request for the HomeID and Node - it may be disconnected or malfunctioning (2).
                Jun-10 10:05:14 AM Z-Wave Z-Net: Getting node information from controller...
                Jun-10 10:05:14 AM Z-Wave Z-Net: Processing data buffered by the interface while it was disconnected.
                Jun-10 10:05:14 AM Z-Wave Z-Net: Z-Wave Ethernet at IP 192.168.42.39, connected to interface ok.
                Jun-10 10:05:09 AM Z-Wave Warning Trying to re-connect to Ethernet interface at IP 192.168.42.39...
                Jun-10 10:05:09 AM Z-Wave Error Z-Net: The Z-Net interface did not respond to the request for the controller capabilities - it may be disconnected or malfunctioning (3).
                Jun-10 10:05:00 AM Event Running script in background: /home/william/HomeSeer/scripts/WakeUp.vb
                Jun-10 10:05:00 AM Event Event Trigger "Alarm Clock Check Alarm"
                Jun-10 10:04:56 AM Z-Wave Z-Net: Getting node information from controller...
                Jun-10 10:04:56 AM Z-Wave Z-Net: Processing data buffered by the interface while it was disconnected.
                Jun-10 10:04:56 AM Z-Wave Z-Net: Z-Wave Ethernet at IP 192.168.42.39, connected to interface ok.
                Jun-10 10:04:51 AM Z-Wave Warning Trying to re-connect to Ethernet interface at IP 192.168.42.39...
                Jun-10 10:04:50 AM Z-Wave Z-Net: Getting node information from controller...
                Jun-10 10:04:50 AM Z-Wave Z-Net: Processing data buffered by the interface while it was disconnected.
                Jun-10 10:04:50 AM Z-Wave Z-Net: Z-Wave Ethernet at IP 192.168.42.39, connected to interface ok.
                Jun-10 10:04:50 AM Z-Wave Error Z-Net: The Z-Net interface did not respond to the request for the HomeID and Node - it may be disconnected or malfunctioning (2).
                Jun-10 10:04:50 AM Z-Wave Error Z-Net: Exception transmitting to IP 192.168.42.39: Write failure
                Jun-10 10:04:50 AM Z-Wave Error Z-Net: The Z-Net interface did not respond to the request for the HomeID and Node - it may be disconnected or malfunctioning (2).
                Jun-10 10:04:36 AM Z-Wave Z-Net: Getting node information from controller...
                https://forums.homeseer.com/forum/de...plifier-plugin

Comment

Originally posted by bebaldin View Post
                  .128 has proven to be a regression for me. As soon as I went from 126 to 128, the delays started up immediately. If someone can provide me a link to 126 Linux to roll back to, I would appreciate it.
                  It is interesting how the same version can behave differently for different people. You might want to go through the steps that I did which made a huge improvement under .126.
                  • Manually check every Z-Wave device for polling. Unless it does not support instant status disable polling.
                  • Pay special attention to energy, multi sensors and thermostats. The problems in my system were clearly related to polling Aeotec smart strips. Polling a device that reports automatically seems to cause a problem. On devices that report and have a battery, only poll the battery child.
                  • Temporarily disable polling altogether on the Z-Wave config page.

My system has been perfect since I did all that yesterday. I found that a rescan of my devices last summer added 20 minute polling to about a third of my devices, none of which require polling.

I do think Rich still needs to figure out why polling can bring the Z-Wave network to a dead halt, but the above steps made mine work again.

I enabled Z-Wave polling again this morning and my system is still running without delays.

All of the HS downloads are at https://homeseer.com/updates3

Comment

Just to add to Randy's list, if you are indeed polling, be sure to stagger the poll times. If they are all set to 10 mins, that might cause issues.

Sent from my Galaxy S7 Edge using Tapatalk
                    HS4Pro on a Raspberry Pi4
                    54 Z-Wave Nodes / 21 Zigbee Devices / 108 Events / 767 Devices
                    Plugins: Z-Wave / Zigbee Plus / EasyTrigger / AK Weather / OMNI

HSTouch Clients: 1 Android

Comment

Thanks Randy; How you figured this out I'll never know.

Originally posted by rprade View Post
                      It is interesting how the same version can behave differently for different people. You might want to go through the steps that I did which made a huge improvement under .126

I do think Rich still needs to figure out why polling can bring the Z-Wave network to a dead halt, but the above steps made mine work again.

I enabled Z-Wave polling again this morning and my system is still running without delays.

All of the HS downloads are at https://homeseer.com/updates3
                      Don

Comment

Rich,

Could we have a bulk operation to enable/disable polling similar to changing floor/Room?

And, if we can, can we also add, enable/disable voice?

Thanks,
                        Michael

Comment

Originally posted by Rvtravlr View Post
                          Rich,

Could we have a bulk operation to enable/disable polling similar to changing floor/Room?

And, if we can, can we also add, enable/disable voice?

Thanks,
                          Bulk add/remove voice is already there you can check all and disable it from the drop down on the device menu.

Polling you can select the disable polling from the zwave plugin (go to manage plugins and click on the zwave plugin. It's almost like its a hidden menu).

Comment

For those still having issues with delays, I would really recommend digging into your network. I am finding my delays now are related to faulty devices. Some are just plain bad, but some if I exclude and include, seems to fix the issue.

Not to say there still isn't a problem, because I do think some of the stuff I am doing, I shouldn't have to (except for physically bad devices), but it has helped me greatly.

Comment

Originally posted by donstephens View Post
                              Thanks Randy; How you figured this out I'll never know.
                              I didn't, Rich at HST. My contribution was the testing and logging of delays, which then gave Rich the timing on the delays. I sent Rich these log entries plus all of the Z-Wave debug files from the same time frame. Rich said this helped him find the point in the debug logs when the delays occur. The two most substantial delays in the logs I sent him coincided with polling of two Aeotec smart strips. Rich could see that everything stopped at that exact point. I was unaware the devices were being polled, because I had disabled it last year. It seems that a rescan was adding the polling to these devices. That is one of the fixes Rich put in .128 - to not add polling at inclusion or rescan, except for older devices that require it.

We have not seen a delay at all since Thursday, but after I enabled polling this morning, there are two instances of delay in my test events. If they continue, I will capture debug logs and send them to rich Monday.

Comment

Okay, I gave up on .128.

Back on .110 I have more delays than I used to, but the situation is bearable.
                                HSPro 3.0.0.458, Z-NET with Z-wave plugin 3.0.1.190, RFXCOM + 2x RFXtrx433E, HSTouch, Squeezebox plugin, iTach IP/WF2IR & GC-100-6 with UltraGCIR, BLDenon, NetcamStudio, Jon00s Webpage builder, Harmony Hub plugin, SCSIP (with FreePBX), Arduino plugin, IFTTT, Pushalot plugin, Device History plugin.
                                Running on Windows 10 (64) virtualized
                                on ESXi (Fujitsu Primergy TX150 S8).
                                WinSeer (for Win10) - TextSeer - FitbitSeer - HSPI_MoskusSample

Are you Norwegian (or Scandinavian) and getting started with HomeSeer? Read the "HomeSeer School"!

Comment

Working...
                                X